Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

portada-hoy-1538429736754.jpg

ter Stegen
Semedo - Pique - Lenglet - Alba
Vidal - Busquets - Rakitic - Coutinho
Messi - Suarez
?​

Latest from a Barca forum:

"I dont know what to expect, but deep inside me i want messi to bottle it, we lose by two goals margin in a ugly game for us, get exposed, and start fresh with valverde sacked. I think i would start to cry if messi yet again saves a day, dont want that at all. I want others to start doing their efin job and grow some balls"

:pochshock2:

and I thought some of us were bad.
Didnt know the spanish were so comfortable with the English language. Even used 'efin'

I think that post alone probably proves the underrated nature of Busquets - he's arguably one of the best midfielder of his generation.

I don't think Barca's midfield overall though is better than the one Madrid played against us - I think the big difference is that Barca are a better team in sync with a genuinely frightening attack.

I wouldn't be against us just giving them a kick around to be honest.

Busquets is what we wish we had. Amazing ability and am unsure what the original poster meant by “mans a passes merchant”. He will go down as one of the most influential players of his time. Changed how many teams view team shape and transitional football.

If we trot out Dier and Winks and hope to hold down three passers and movers, then we are in for a long night.

I envision Dier, Sissoko, Winks. Which just screams “noooooo”

So what, will it be 5-1-3-1 or will it be 4-3-3?

Basically either
-----------------Lloris---------------
-Alderweireld-Sanchez-Dier--
Trippier--------------------Davies
---------------Wanyama----------
--Moura------Lamela----Son---
-----------------Kane---------------

Or
Trippier-Toby-Sanchez-Davies
--Sissoko--Wanyama--Winks-
--Lamela-----Kane----Moura--

Actually this latter option does not sound too awful? Or is it just me?

So what, will it be 5-1-3-1 or will it be 4-3-3?

Basically either
-Alderweireld-Sanchez-Dier--
Trippier--------------------Davies
---------------Wanyama----------
--Moura------Lamela----Son---
-----------------Kane---------------

Or

I think it shows how good our depth actually is when both line ups there look solid. (personally, Davies wouldnt be anywhere near my team). I would lean towards the second if given the choice of the two though.

The artist formally known as Wanyama holding midfield on his own would be laughable.

Or

Yeah, i like the look of this. As solid as we can hope for. Very little creatively, but what other option do we have and i think the main aim should be to prevent a Ronaldo-esque dry bumming.

No Eriksen, Vertonghen, Dembélé, Aurier, Vorm or Alli training with the team today. Aurier is doing rehab training.

As a positive Hugo is back training with the squad
It's gotta be:
[formation=3421, Lloris, Dier, Alderweireld, Sanchez, Rose/Davies, Trippier, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Son/Moura, Kane][/formation]
I know Sissoko is getting the sympathy vote in some quarters... but we REALLY can't afford to take such risks... not when Eriksen, Dembele AND Dele aren't in the team to compensate!

Winks - if he plays - will need cool heads around him... Sissoko is about as cool as lava!
I just hope Wanyama has 90 minutes in him! :wanyama:

Back
Top Bottom