Tottenham Hotspur vs Barcelona - UCL 3/10

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Don't be dense mate, I was saying we're Tottenham, not Norwich. We're not a plucky provincial team, we're one that has pretensions of going toe-to-toe with the country's and the continent's finest.

And GDN, I didn't miss THE point, I was commenting on A point you made, namely "I've heard dickhead comments today how this apparently proves we needed reinforcements". The implication is that you think we didn't.

When you have to bring on a non-footballer like Sissoko to turn the game around because the only alternative on the bench is a lad who's just turned 18 and has never before been an unused sub, let alone played for the first team, it would seem to suggest that we very much DID we need reinforcements in the summer. If you think that's a "dickhead comment" then so be it, I'd say it was an opinion shared by the vast majority of Spurs fans
i haven't implied i think we didn't- just that losing to a world class side with nearly half the first 11 missing doesn't prove it either way. It smacks of specious reasoning.

Go to the football expect football norms as well, regardless of the rules (not laws - they can kick you out and ban you not arrest you for standing) on standing at the games. Same rules that prohibit swearing and abusive language. In both instances Fuck off is appropriate

(*assuming he was in an area where standing is normal or it was intermittent standing if not).

Flip it round for a minute... An ageing man or woman buys a ticket for a seat... Maybe the can't stand for 120mins (or in the case of my Dad simply cant physically handle the constant up-down)... To be able to sit is paramount to their decision to purchase said ticket.

Fuck them is what you're saying?

Trust me, I'm in the same spiritual camp as you as far as what i want MY matchday experience to be... But it is what it is... The 90s is loooooong gone.. The game like society is forever changing.

Obv. seperate standing and seating sections is the solution, but no sign of that any time soon.

Never go full Woolwich. But we are going on that route

Let's face it tho.... If what you say is true there is a key diff:

Gooners and top 4 was the acceptance of a decline (despite all the tall of stadium-capped spending, they still managed to accumulate a 200m stash of cash in an era of far less TV money). A symbol of theirv regression of you will.

Whereas Top 4 represents us punching above our financially established weight in the new footy order. A sign of our progression in other words.

Anyway... Like you, i say bring on da REAL glory.

Which you and others were fine with

...And?

(Deluded peeps such as yourself seem to think infinite squad depth is an available reality.... )

The fact that an already depleted team didnt have option C's on our bench to trouble Messi and co in no way whatsoever vindicates your agenda/narrative.

Aaaaaaanyway...

As per my initial reply, you don't deny you ARE fake news then?

(Avoided bullshitting this time....That's something i spose. :pochrolleyes:)

I must have misread the numerous posts that re-imagined Pochettinos "we have to be brave" as meaning "we have to be brave by not signing anyone", just to give one example.

Not surprising that everone is seeking to distance themselves from their earlier views mind

Fake news again.

The counter argument was that Poch wasn't demanding or declaring we spend big.

Yep. Promise.
I realise finally that this place is more suited to small minded cunts like you who think Harry Kane is bigger than the club and Spurs fans should just be grateful to be playing on the same pitch as BarcaFuckingLona.

So long fella. And genuine thanks for your support and friendship in the early days.
I've got more serious stuff to deal with right now than fannying around on here for hours on end with the likes of you, Joe.

Oh.. and Come On You Spurs!!!!

:tobyarm:

Oh, that’s good. I Just hope you don’t renage on your promise. Enjoy buying beers for all the half and halfers - a word of advice - they’re not your friends John. And Herefordshire? You’re as bad as Vince. A right pair of cunts,

Back
Top Bottom