Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

State of you...posting on an opposition fan forum. You're no wolves fan. You're LIES!
tumblr_o16n2kBlpX1ta3qyvo1_1280.jpg

And with all due respect to you at your best I know your capable of putting 3 or 4 past us
We will have to defend for most of the game but as you well know and other top teams in this league we are capable of doing it and also catching you on the break

Brave words considering how well we are playing.

How well we are playing is masking how poorly we are defending. Wolves are a stronger attacking prospect than Bournmouth and Everton. I’m not going to be getting carried away by two deserved and dominant performances, and the manager will not be so complacent. Wolves beat Chelsea just a couple of matches back, and although gifted two goals, came close to a point last time around.

Got to give it to Wolves, at least they are trying to play football.

Fans seem decent from what I have seen on TV although as we have seen many many times in the past newly promoted sides fans are usually noisy in the first premier season. Until reality kicks in.

Still think it will be 7-1 though :tobyarm:

Want to take these games one at a time, just as Poch says. Can't help bricking it slightly as Wolves are no mugs and there's no room for complacency (despite 11 goals in four days).

Would love nothing more than to put our collective feet up and enjoy the late kick off after getting three points in the bag - meaning any result benefits us in one way or another.

Wolves are a stronger attacking prospect than Bournmouth and Everton.

Really? Siggy, Walcott Richarlison and Bernard on paper seemed to be pretty attacking. Haven't seen enough of Wolves to judge whether they're more attacking.

One thing for sure is that we need to be tighter in defence. Bournemouth had 1 or 2 really good chances against us.

Also the 2nd goal disallowed from Everton was..... Shall we say fortunate..... I still think we'd have bagged a hatful and won anyway ... But we've had a few lucky bits in the last couple of games defensively so we'll need to be at maximum concentration on Saturday if Wolves are as good attacking as you say.

Fans seem decent from what I have seen on TV although as we have seen many many times in the past newly promoted sides fans are usually noisy in the first premier season. Until reality kicks in.

Still think it will be 7-1 though :tobyarm:

Another set of fans that will come down to Wembley and treat it as a cup final, with 90% of their songs being about how shit our support is.....while forgetting that a third of the stadium is actually closed and the Spurs fans there would all happily drop a nuclear bomb on the shithole...

Zzzzzzzzz

They’ll park the bus, I have no doubts.
Going to be more frustrating but should be winning this.
Wolves fan here. Not sure if you watch any football other than Spurs but Wolves have not parked the bus in any game we have played since Nuno took over. The popular myth that newly promoted teams are anti football and try to hang in there for a point does not apply to wolves. We will probably play on the break, i hope that Poch sets you up as if your playing Cardiff or Newcastle because if thats the case you may be in for a surprise. I actually hope Spurs win the league (as i dont think wolves will) but this is a very ignorant post. Good luck after tomorrow.

Wolves fan here. Not sure if you watch any football other than Spurs but Wolves have not parked the bus in any game we have played since Nuno took over. The popular myth that newly promoted teams are anti football and try to hang in there for a point does not apply to wolves. We will probably play on the break, i hope that Poch sets you up as if your playing Cardiff or Newcastle because if thats the case you may be in for a surprise. I actually hope Spurs win the league (as i dont think wolves will) but this is a very ignorant post. Good luck after tomorrow.
If Wolves hope to get anything from the game than they'll need to be more circumspect and set up to defend deeper, trying to go 'toe-to-toe' with us will just end in tears for your lot.

What I said then.

It’s not ignorant it’s just something I suspect you might do.
I haven’t watched any Wolves games outside the 3-2, but that has no bearing on whether I watch other matches or not.
I’m just not going to go out of my way to watch you lot, despite the fact some people find you entertaining.
I wasn’t impressed in the Molineux match enough to care about you after....I just saw a team gifted a lifeline, who got their tails up after being battered earlier in the game.

Not sure if Nuno has faced a team that scored 11 goals in two games prior to playing Wolves yet? In which those two teams had tried to play us at our game?

That was my only reason for saying it, so not sure why you developed a “little champo” complex over it.

Also, playing on the break requires a great deal of bus parking, just so you know.

Back
Top Bottom