Tottenham Hotspur v. Wolverhampton Wanderers: 3pm, Saturday 29th December

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wolves fan here. Not sure if you watch any football other than Spurs but Wolves have not parked the bus in any game we have played since Nuno took over. The popular myth that newly promoted teams are anti football and try to hang in there for a point does not apply to wolves. We will probably play on the break, i hope that Poch sets you up as if your playing Cardiff or Newcastle because if thats the case you may be in for a surprise. I actually hope Spurs win the league (as i dont think wolves will) but this is a very ignorant post. Good luck after tomorrow.

I've watched Wolves a few times since they've come up and I'm impressed - a very attacking team with some exciting talent in midfield who are doing well. But, I think your love of coming forward could be your undoing tomorrow against us as we love teams that play.

After tomorrow good luck for the remainder of the season. I think Nuno is a great coach and I've been impressed with what I've seen of your support on TV as well.

They might be an half decent counter attacking side but they’re pretty shit at actually scoring having netted only 20 times this season which is pretty meh and only just above the real relegation fodder. Defensively they stack up much better having conceded only 22 which is the lowest in the league outside the top 4. So I think we can sum it up as - early goal and we will go on to an easy win. If we struggle it could be another Burnley.

Wolves fan here. Not sure if you watch any football other than Spurs but Wolves have not parked the bus in any game we have played since Nuno took over. The popular myth that newly promoted teams are anti football and try to hang in there for a point does not apply to wolves. We will probably play on the break, i hope that Poch sets you up as if your playing Cardiff or Newcastle because if thats the case you may be in for a surprise. I actually hope Spurs win the league (as i dont think wolves will) but this is a very ignorant post. Good luck after tomorrow.
I’ve never seen them do that either.
Like Wolves style,of play. Got some decent players too.
Especially ithe three n midfield, without Neves too.
Could be difficult for us in there as we have a lot of key players out in that dept. May even be without Dele who can drop deeply.
Think it’s a bit disrespectful to think we will hammer you by 4 goals. As, and I may be wrong but I think we are the only team to have put more that 2 past you, home or away. You ain’t let in that many really, less than Woolwich and the best defence from 4th place down.
You just don’t score too many. Adama would be even more terrifying if he had a better end product.
Maybe because of the recent results we are getting carried away.
Then again Everton had only conceded
Then again Everton were in the same boat defensively as you before they played us without a DM and ......

It’s not ignorant it’s just something I suspect you might do.
I haven’t watched any Wolves games outside the 3-2, but that has no bearing on whether I watch other matches or not.
I’m just not going to go out of my way to watch you lot, despite the fact some people find you entertaining.
I wasn’t impressed in the Molineux match enough to care about you after....I just saw a team gifted a lifeline, who got their tails up after being battered earlier in the game.

Not sure if Nuno has faced a team that scored 11 goals in two games prior to playing Wolves yet? In which those two teams had tried to play us at our game?

That was my only reason for saying it, so not sure why you developed a “little champo” complex over it.

Also, playing on the break requires a great deal of bus parking, just so you know.
Parking the bus is a phrase associated with a tactic employed by teams who go to 'big clubs' where they go with the mentality of pinching a point by putting 11 men behind the ball, playing 1 up front etc. This is not the mentality we will be approaching the game with. It may well be to our disadvantage and play into your hands but we will be going there to try and win the game. We will play on the break as its away from home against a top team and we will not have the ball very often. We have pace on the counter and we will press higher up the pitch than those that 'park the bus' You saw a different match to the one i saw at Molineux. You conveniently failed to mention the perfectly good goal dissalowed and the fact we fought hard 3-0 down and created enough chances to have at least got a point.

We went to your neighbours and got a point and should have got all 3. They thought we would park the the bus aswell.

We may well get heavily beaten if your on your game by trying to beat you but i assure you that Nuno wont decide to abandon his football principles for this game.

Parking the bus is a phrase associated with a tactic employed by teams who go to 'big clubs' where they go with the mentality of pinching a point by putting 11 men behind the ball, playing 1 up front etc. This is not the mentality we will be approaching the game with. It may well be to our disadvantage and play into your hands but we will be going there to try and win the game. We will play on the break as its away from home against a top team and we will not have the ball very often. We have pace on the counter and we will press higher up the pitch than those that 'park the bus' You saw a different match to the one i saw at Molineux. You conveniently failed to mention the perfectly good goal dissalowed and the fact we fought hard 3-0 down and created enough chances to have at least got a point.

We went to your neighbours and got a point and should have got all 3. They thought we would park the the bus aswell.

We may well get heavily beaten if your on your game by trying to beat you but i assure you that Nuno wont decide to abandon his football principles for this game.

So rather than interact with those that have praised your side you choose to pick an argument with one person that didn't.

How about you just fuck off now. Cheers.

Parking the bus is a phrase associated with a tactic employed by teams who go to 'big clubs' where they go with the mentality of pinching a point by putting 11 men behind the ball, playing 1 up front etc.

Well thats funny because Jose Mourinho has just spent the last decade of his career doing just that managing some of the biggest or richest clubs in the world.

This is not the mentality we will be approaching the game with. It may well be to our disadvantage and play into your hands but we will be going there to try and win the game. We will play on the break as its away from home against a top team and we will not have the ball very often. We have pace on the counter and we will press higher up the pitch than those that 'park the bus' You saw a different match to the one i saw at Molineux.

I didnt say you parked the bus at Molinuex, I said I wasnt impressed or entertained by you. Sorry you find it so annoying that Im not fawning over the fact your team kicks the ball forward. You got battered, then we gifted you a lifeline and you went all out for an equaliser. Not sure what else you saw that I didnt.

You conveniently failed to mention the perfectly good goal dissalowed and the fact we fought hard 3-0 down and created enough chances to have at least got a point.
But you lost. You didnt score a goal from open play, and one penalty was dubious at best. Ce la vie.
While you're banging on about goals that were disallowed as if they count, you seem to be overlooking that fact we had more shots on target than you and more possession in your own ground.
You fought hard, like any team would with 3-0 to 3-2 reverse from two penalties with 20 minutes left. Not sure whats uniquely Wolves about it.

I havent argued my face off that you will park the bus, it was a simple opinion on a match thread on a Spurs forum about how I think that maybe after our last two games, the oppo might be happier putting bodies behind the ball. If you find that so absurdly offensive to your new found belief that Wolves are the new Ajax of the 70's, then thats your problem to be fair.

I dont give a fuck if you park the bus or not, I just suspect that you might.

So rather than interact with those that have praised your side you choose to pick an argument with one person that didn't.

I was correcting someone whos comment appeared to be ignorant. Not picking an argument. Good job your here to decide who can say what isnt it? Ironically you criticise me for picking an argument and then tell me to fuck off

I was correcting someone whos comment appeared to be ignorant. Not picking an argument. Good job your here to decide who can say what isnt it? Ironically you criticise me for picking an argument and then tell me to fuck off

Do one you mug. Come on an away team forum and start giving it the biggun.

Cunt.
dont-make-me-angry-you-wouldnt-like-me-when-im-angry.jpg

I don't think I've ever looked forward to a home game versus Wolves before.

Used to live about 5 miles away from their ground and used to get my hair cut by an old fella Wolves fan on a Saturday morning, and all he talked about the entire morning was Wolves, and when they played at home he'd shut up shop at 12.30.

When you think about it.

Was it a Mohican?

:clintonohshit:

If Wolves hope to get anything from the game than they'll need to be more circumspect and set up to defend deeper, trying to go 'toe-to-toe' with us will just end in tears for your lot.
Agreed, but this is an ethos that Spurs live by and we should applaud teams that follow the mould.
They also have a lot of money behind them so expect to see them improve year on year.
The young black lad with the double barrelled surname that came on against us looked pretty sharp and would be a good poach. (Gibbs-White?)

Well thats funny because Jose Mourinho has just spent the last decade of his career doing just that managing some of the biggest or richest clubs in the world.

I didnt say you parked the bus at Molinuex, I said I wasnt impressed or entertained by you. Sorry you find it so annoying that Im not fawning over the fact your team kicks the ball forward. You got battered, then we gifted you a lifeline and you went all out for an equaliser. Not sure what else you saw that I didnt.

But you lost. You didnt score a goal from open play, and one penalty was dubious at best. Ce la vie.
While you're banging on about goals that were disallowed as if they count, you seem to be overlooking that fact we had more shots on target than you and more possession in your own ground.
You fought hard, like any team would with 3-0 to 3-2 reverse from two penalties with 20 minutes left. Not sure whats uniquely Wolves about it.

I havent argued my face off that you will park the bus, it was a simple opinion on a match thread on a Spurs forum about how I think that maybe after our last two games, the oppo might be happier putting bodies behind the ball. If you find that so absurdly offensive to your new found belief that Wolves are the new Ajax of the 70's, then thats your problem to be fair.

I dont give a fuck if you park the bus or not, I just suspect that you might.

I was just correcting you. When spurs travelled to Nou Camp did you expect them to park the bus? I doubt it cause Spurs dont have that mentality whoever the opponents. That is the identity that Nuno has bought to Wolves. I doubt you would be happy if before you go to anfield a Liverpool fan said ' they will park the bus' i was just defending my teams identity.

Anyway after tomorrow i hope you do well.

Back
Top Bottom