Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe he realises he has taen us as far as he can, under the restraints he's forced to work under.

Hope not, but we'll see

But today he could and should really have substituted Kane for Son.

That's his job and on that he fell a bit short I felt.

I am not sure or actually I am sure Mourinho would have subbed Lukaku had he played as poorly.

I agree Pochettino's hands are tied a bit but we spent 70 million pounds and did not buy a striker with pace or power, even one that was upcoming.

Of course, but I don’t decide to make it worse for myself by going on a rival teams forum to read their pissstaking when I’m already fucking heartbroken.

That isn't a rival teams forum. It's the BBC, a supposedly neutral platform. This is a fair representation of how the majority of UK football fans feel about us.

Sick as a fucking dead parrot..

A must is, to avoid all sports media coverage will help the healing process.I can't believe some are posting Utd posts on here slagging us off. Have you no mercy

we need to draw a line and march on. Its done, its over, we messed up.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We need to consolidate and march on. Top 4 possibly 3rd with Chelsea nicking 4th-would be nice.

VWb9ge.gif
What a fucking limp reply wake up, we’re done as long as Pochettino is here, we’ve been found out, go figure you cunt!

Top rated comments from the BBC article about todays match:
1b63fa444e4fcc5de2d94fb99a0d5585.png

8491dcf2272c5c87b7e501511888d4d7.png

This is the sort of shit the players should read, just like us fans. We have to deal with this day in day out while they sit in an ivory tower.

We don't need to "Think and move on", as Poch says. We need to feel pain so we learn what it means to lose and to win.
Wow... some people really seem to be bothered by us!!
And not much of a plan A.......get a professional in and Pochettino out!!
Oh do stop it now!
...mind you, I hear Wenger is available in the summer... so you may get your wish!

There's no chance anyone other than Poch is leading us out in the new stadium. However it must be said those quotes are still undoubtedly worrying. It's the first time I can recall he's ever said something publicly that has a stench of 'stepping stone club' about it....

Really????
You’re the FUCKING PLONKER sticking with this CUNT Pochettino!!!!!
Levy will have had enough and this CUNT is done!!
You are obviously a simpleton who knows fuck all about football. Anyone who reads what I post on here will know I don't get into personal arguments with other people but you are of a different level of idiocy! :goonermong:

It may seem harsh, but I think Poch shoulders most of the blame for this one. Got it wrong with Vorm in goal, Lloris saves that second. Waited far too long to make changes. Moura not on until the 70th minute? What’s Wanyama going to provide late? Lamela didn’t come on until the 86th!

Poch still needs to figure out how to manage these one off big games. I thought he had it figured out in the CL group stage, but his refusal to make impactful changes earlier costs us points and wins.

I’m pretty devastated. Need to focus and lock down top 4 to stop this season from slipping from a possible 2nd place finish and FA Cup to knocked out in the semis and 5th. I think the boys will finish strong, but things have really gone tits up since Chelsea.

Well fuck me up. Really wanted to see Dembele put in a big performance in this one. None of the ones boys performed for us. Can’t blame it on anyone in particular and fuck them or not united have gotten results this season.

How did he win that header in the box??? our CBs towered above that fucker... guess it was in transition... hope Poch learns from this one. We don’t have to attack every team. I know that’s what we all want and expect, but in a semi against Mourinho’s United come on let’s get give them a taste of their own medicine and hit them on the counter. We had a good performance over all... wish Kane had more service. Unlucky on Dier’s effort, unlucky in general.

Let’s not forget a lot of us were not optimistic about this season at all to begin with. Finish strong and get behind the the boys. Upwards and onwards [poppy Orange Juice chord here] COYS.

Season isn’t over - finish the fucking job so we go into NWHL the right way.

Edit: also, fucking fuck Herrera (but Dele is the dirty one of course)

Last edited:
The worst thing is that I'm use to this. We all are. And the moment when we were 2:1, I knew deep down we lost in semifinal, again. I had no faith in comeback, I've seen it once at Turin and that's it. Terrible feeling.

Back
Top Bottom