Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

it's why we're 4th, we're not consistent enough throughout the season to be any higher. If the collective don't show up then we're screwed... The weekend for me highlighted our lack of pace and desire to catch teams on the break. We are slow in build-up and allow ALL the opposition behind the ball which makes it sometimes impossible to breakdown without a piece of luck or brilliance. In years gone past we had speed to hurt players on the break but building from the back seems to be chocking us at times. I'm no coach so don't know the answer. Possession is fine but pointless if we're unable to do anything about it. City are lightning on the break and transition, so direct... too many sideways and back passes for my liking

Last edited:
We must be very harsh when we analyse our performance in the cups this season.

League Cup: Threw away a winning position at home
European Cup: Threw away a winning position at home
FA Cup: Threw away a winning position at home

Keeps repeating season after season. Manager and players are to blame. BUT The club should repair this by signing a couple or more experienced players and previous winners. Signing young players are for the future but the need of marquee players is parallel to wining trophies.

It’s really troubling seeing it written out like that. Helps explain why each knockout has been so bloody painful. Am I right in thinking that we rarely piss away leads in the league? Why do we struggle in cups so damn much??

It’s really troubling seeing it written out like that. Helps explain why each knockout has been so bloody painful. Am I right in thinking that we rarely piss away leads in the league? Why do we struggle in cups so damn much??

We've only dropped points in two games from winning positions in the league. The draws vs Burnley and Brighton. It's definitely a mentality issue in the cups, the team play with more fear when the momentum shifts against us.

Depressing as it is this did make me laugh

index.php

Depressing as it is this did make me laugh

index.php
Wowwwww we really are the laughing stock of football these days!
What a shoddy shower of shit the rest of the league must be, 'cos until about 6.30pm on Saturday (when man utd scored their 2nd, and APPARENTLY it was game over) we'd been arguably the 2nd/3rd best team in the league...
And WE'RE HILARIOUSLY SHIT apparently.

FUCK I hate how smug our Cuntry is sometimes... only too happy to jump on the bandwagon and gloat at something you know is infinitely better than the shower of negative shit you support...
But don't let us stop you in your moment of glory by mocking us!

They say one thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner...
Well fuck that shit... I've tried being 'magnanimous' in defeat too many times, and yes, I MAY have lost my shit occasionally...
But every opposing fan seems to be SO happy and quick to club togethger in joyous celebration every time we lose a big game...
So Fuck em all..., when we DO finally win a trophy, I'm gonna be a right Cunt!

You can think whatever but the underlining fact is we lost 3 cup ties from winning positions, to add 8 consecutive FA cup semifinals. We have excellent players and fans expect.

we had a good start, scored a goal and then we literally drag them back in the game... we couldn't react in the 2nd half, at that point there was not much to do. The team looked really down phisically even a player like Dembele looked like he lost his strenght and his agility

Wowwwww we really are the laughing stock of football these days!
What a shoddy shower of shit the rest of the league must be, 'cos until about 6.30pm on Saturday (when man utd scored their 2nd, and APPARENTLY it was game over) we'd been arguably the 2nd/3rd best team in the league...
And WE'RE HILARIOUSLY SHIT apparently.

FUCK I hate how smug our Cuntry is sometimes... only too happy to jump on the bandwagon and gloat at something you know is infinitely better than the shower of negative shit you support...
But don't let us stop you in your moment of glory by mocking us!

They say one thing worse than a bad loser is a bad winner...
Well fuck that shit... I've tried being 'magnanimous' in defeat too many times, and yes, I MAY have lost my shit occasionally...
But every opposing fan seems to be SO happy and quick to club togethger in joyous celebration every time we lose a big game...
So Fuck em all..., when we DO finally win a trophy, I'm gonna be a right Cunt!

Agreed.

Just to point out that at the moment Klippty Klopp has won fuck all but still gets a reach around and somehow it’s us who are shit, for losing a Semi ( a stage that both City and Liverpool failed to reach ) Yeah ok !!

I must've been the ONLY Spurs fan inside Wembley who just 'sensed we'd win'
...pre-match, you could just feel it in the air... we HAD this... FINALLY! Despite what History was SCREAMING at us... I wasnt listening to any of it... THIS time would be OUR time!

Well so much for fucking feelings...
I'm glad I kept the receipt on that 'lucky' Rabbit's foot! Fuck FOOTBALL!

* interesting fact; FOTZE is a VERY bad word in German! Coincidence? I don't think so...

Agreed.

Just to point out that at the moment Klippty Klopp has won fuck all but still gets a reach around and somehow it’s us who are shit, for losing a Semi ( a stage that both City and Liverpool failed to reach ) Yeah ok !!
Maybe if Poch grew another set of TEETH and started wearing glasses... and listened to Rock music a bit more... he might get the respect of the Media!

As it is, he's clearly not hipster enough... or doesn't lose his total shit on the touchline and SCREEEEEAM in the 4th officials' face when we aren't awarded a corner...
THAT'S what gets you respect apparently!
Imagine Klopp dealing with the snidey time wasting tactics Jose was employing at Wembley on SATURDAY?
They'd have had to pick up his eyeballs and gurning teeth from the OTHER SIDE OF THE FUCKING PITCH he'd have been straining so much!

But as it is... let's all laugh at calm, good loser Poch.... and speech impaired Kane.
Jeesus, he claimed ONE GOAL when maybe he shoulda just left it alone... and now he's public enemy #1...

But he's A MUCH easier target than anyone at protected mega rich clubs!

You'd have thought Kane had climbed on top of Kate Middleton and tried to fuck the baby back up her, whilst taking a shit on her legs and claiming "St. George's Day was really St. Harry's Day" Live on the BBC the way the Media are hounding and ridiculing him!
:kanehand:
#toosoon?? Tough!

I so wish I wasn't at work tomorrow but will just have to face the plastics as I have done in the past. I could take it from someone who actually attends the odd game, but most of them watch from the comfort of their sofas, spewing the same stuff as the pundits, because none of them have an original thought in their heads.
Just burst into a chorus of "we support our local team" or "you only live round the corner" in the middle of the office. That'll teach em.

Back
Top Bottom