Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City - 10th Feb - 1.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah, I get that. But they’re desperate to say we’re not doing well enough and don’t have a deep enough squad and should be winning cups when we’re probably closer in revenue to Leicester than City or Liverpool.

Anyway, I have no idea why I brought this up. I don’t really give a shit but I’ve had a few this lunchtime and fancied a chat.

As you were. COYS.
Our squad is considered to be the 3rd most valuable in the world behind barcelona and mancity. Thats why there are expectations.

We know what Leicester are going to do. Sit back and hope to get Vardy in with the long ball. Going to need Sanchez for this one I believe in a 4-4-2 as 5 at the back would be wasted imo.

I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 for this giving them problems from all angles. Eriksen sitting behind the striker looking to get any of the forwards in with a clever ball or two. Would be great to get an early goal for a change from recent matches to undo the oppositions game plan and open them up.

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Aurier----Sanchez--------------Toby-----Jan/Rose (Save Rose for Dortmund. Jan's Crossing is way more effective)
------------Sissoko---------Winks-------------
Lamela-------------Eriksen--------------Son
-----------------------Llorente------------------

Moura on the bench as he can be more effective later in games when coming on.

We know what Leicester are going to do. Sit back and hope to get Vardy in with the long ball. Going to need Sanchez for this one I believe in a 4-4-2 as 5 at the back would be wasted imo.

I would like to see a 4-2-3-1 for this giving them problems from all angles. Eriksen sitting behind the striker looking to get any of the forwards in with a clever ball or two. Would be great to get an early goal for a change from recent matches to undo the oppositions game plan and open them up.

-----------------------Lloris-----------------------
Aurier----Sanchez--------------Toby-----Jan/Rose (Save Rose for Dortmund. Jan's Crossing is way more effective)
------------Sissoko---------Winks-------------
Lamela-------------Eriksen--------------Son
-----------------------Llorente------------------

Moura on the bench as he can be more effective later in games when coming on.

Leicester are conceding a lot of early goals
Vardy not getting the service or out of form....
Going to be interesting

we know what they will be singing constantly so would love an early goal to shut them up

Leicester is a little weird this season, no?
They can caused City and Chelsea some headache. Putting a decent fight against a rejuvenated high on confidence Man U.

But the first leg against us, they put no fight at all. Playing against a rotated team without Kane and Eriksen at HOME.

Maybe they are just that depended on Vardy. All in all, they are just not playing good football with good players right now.

Oh fucking great - trains coming to wembley stadium from the west (I usually park at W Ruislip and come in that way) are cancelled - bus replacement service is on
thats going to be loads of fun getting on to at the end of the game.

The Game Dissected: Safety-first approach that makes Claude Puel’s Leicester City hard to love

We'll know what to expect from them. They'll be tough to break down, they'll attempt to break quickly and then revert to slow laboured build up play when the break isn't on. The game wasn't as one sided as i'd have liked at theirs, especially the first half. We where missing Kane for most of that one as well but they have Vardy back and on the break that will make a difference. They are also very dangerous from set plays which is not good for us.

A good suggestion might be to surrender possession and try and play them at their own game, we certainly have the pace and ability to play a killer ball over the top. But, an appalling stat, Leicester have conceded within the first 12 mins of their last 5 games in a row. So they clearly can be got at early and will be nervous.

Utd did this at the weekend, stole an early goal then sat back and gave Leicester nothing to play behind. They just don't have the passing ability in the middle to hurt teams who are organised. A very Mourinho performance from OGS. I'm hoping Poch is pragmatic with Dortmund coming up and we do the same. No need to play 3 at the back either.

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Dier Winks
Lamela Eriksen Son
Moura

Prepare for 90 mins of vein bulging on here that one goal isn't enough.

The Game Dissected: Safety-first approach that makes Claude Puel’s Leicester City hard to love

We'll know what to expect from them. They'll be tough to break down, they'll attempt to break quickly and then revert to slow laboured build up play when the break isn't on. The game wasn't as one sided as i'd have liked at theirs, especially the first half. We where missing Kane for most of that one as well but they have Vardy back and on the break that will make a difference. They are also very dangerous from set plays which is not good for us.

A good suggestion might be to surrender possession and try and play them at their own game, we certainly have the pace and ability to play a killer ball over the top. But, an appalling stat, Leicester have conceded within the first 12 mins of their last 5 games in a row. So they clearly can be got at early and will be nervous.

Utd did this at the weekend, stole an early goal then sat back and gave Leicester nothing to play behind. They just don't have the passing ability in the middle to hurt teams who are organised. A very Mourinho performance from OGS. I'm hoping Poch is pragmatic with Dortmund coming up and we do the same. No need to play 3 at the back either.

Lloris
Trippier Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Dier Winks
Lamela Eriksen Son
Moura

Prepare for 90 mins of vein bulging on here that one goal isn't enough.

No change there then!

Fuck

Promised myself I would not be going back to wembley then all this tenuous title title tatle and I fold like a cheap suit and buy some seats. Thank god I never took up smoking. I'd be 80 a day.

Seriously considered this one but I have a lot going on right now so decided against it.

Last time I made that type of decision against Leicester we absolutely battered them.

So hoping for some deja vu.

I shall be watching this in mild enemy territory.. visiting my brother who lives on the Warwickshire/Leicestershire Border. In the process of finding a pub.

I don't know why we don't do this more often. They won the league on the counter, and we could do it too.

That ain't going to happen.

With Winks, Lamela, Eriksen (both due good games) Sissoko and Son, we are not going to relinquish possession at home.

We just need to be better in the possession we do have.

I think Rose starting adds slightly more than a more than able Vertonghen going forward but can he play Sunday/Wednesday?

It's a tough match. No doubt about it but we have all the incentive in the world and it's at our place sort of so we just got to hope the players deliver.

Last edited:
They’re pretty tasty from set pieces, and we aren’t. Need to defend them well and I think we’ll do them. Early goal is massive, I can’t remember the last time we got one

They’re pretty tasty from set pieces, and we aren’t. Need to defend them well and I think we’ll do them. Early goal is massive, I can’t remember the last time we got one

I saw something on Sky the other day that said we have the 2nd most goals behind Liverpool this season from set pieces. Startling but maybe we see how poor we are because we focus more of our attention on the result of our set pieces compared to other teams

Back
Top Bottom