Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This and Toby's one are great ........ so why aren't they in the drop down? Talking about smileys, they need a bit of a tidy up - Townsend and Pritchard need moving and why don't we have a Danny Rose one?

You'll have to ask the boss man about that!

I'll see if I can find some Rose material...

Blanchflower Blanchflower posted one of him actually smiling in the smiley thread. A rare find.
This and Toby's one are great ........ so why aren't they in the drop down? Talking about smileys, they need a bit of a tidy up - Townsend and Pritchard need moving and why don't we have a Danny Rose one?

Here's some options, including a smiley smiley! Could be tidier, but only spent a minute on each...

rose1.png
rose2.png
rose3.png
rose4.png
rose5.png

Can't say it was the most entertaining game I've ever been to, but just so glad to get the win. There's plenty of time to get the kinks ironed out. Toby and Erik were our best performers and the new boys did OK. Atmosphere was a little flat, but it did liven up when we scored, think a lot of people still feel they should be on their holidays. Thought we had done enough to win, but we really need the Moose back, the next two games can't come quick enough for me. As others have already mentioned, lack of strong cover on the bench is a concern.
As I sit behind the goal at the Paxton Road end, definitely felt the wind blowing from the demolished corner - bad enough in august, going to have to get my thermals out for the winter. Still, the consolation for me was that I didn't have one hot flush today.
Yes I was thinking that, it's going to be freezing in winter.

Atmosphere seemed different...probably as a result of the new ballot system I imagine, which- as I understand- means that members have less choice where they end up. Louder in the Paxton than usual, but less songs coming out of the Park Lane, and I could see quite a few people sitting down in there which I can't ever remember. Probably a worse atmosphere overall as a result.

Just so happy to get our first win. Felt great when we scored, especially after their players had been time wasting in front of us.

Eriksen was our main set peice taker. He's a valuable asset to the team. But we won a fuckload of free kicks and corners.

IMO Janssen will score and create as much/perhaps more and will be faster, more robust and help our CURRENT weakness issue. This was the first clean sheet in the prem I can remember. I think I heard the commentator claim that it was our first clean sheet in 2016.

Our first win in 6 prem games came when Eriksen was replaced.

Eriksen and Lamela has been almost a CONSTANT in 2016. And no clean sheets is not what we need to lift the title.
Eriksen has to get his head together, his deal has to be finalised one way or another quickly. its obviously impacting on his play!

Sorry if posted already.

Rose's reaction!!

To be fair, that got one of those "gasp followed by cheering" reactions from the crowd (a bit like the 'Rabona' but obviously without the goal)
Its like there's a split second delay between everyone turning to eachother and saying "Did he just do that?" ...and then cheering wildly when he does!

"Player of the season" material that is!

Back
Top Bottom