Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Absolutely loved the celeberations for Wanyamas winner by the way.

tumblr_oc7uidKKMT1r8e765o1_500.gif

My Mrs was rushed in for an emergency C Section and was in theatre just as we kicked off (selfish). Twin boys where out in time for the second half to start. Told the Mrs that it's fate and we have to name at least one of them "Victor". She's not having it.

Still it's nice to know they started their life as Yiddos with a win.

Last edited:
My Mrs was rushed in for an emergency C Section and was in theatre just as we kicked off (selfish). Twin boys where out in time for the second half to start. Told the Mrs that it's fate and we have to name at least one of them "Victor". She's not having it.

Congratulations mate! How about Bictor and Bincent? :pochlol:

Lovely stuff mate... Congratulations!
History will say that "Our boys" ushered in your boys with a win!

Be honest... did you have the mobile phone on checking the score???

....as for names, how about Chirpy & Levy?

....or GEORGES & KEVIN??

Congratulations to you both on the arrival of your twin boys. How about Stephen and Glenn, works for me :)

Congratulations mate, really happy for you and your wife.

Victor and Vincent?

Congrats what a wonderful time in your lives, enjoy.

Janssen really impressed me, worked really hard and got stuck in. Shame he couldn't put his chance away, my mate jokingly made a comparison with Soldado.. but I think he'll be different. I wasn't sure about starting Wanyama today but he looked the part in the middle, once Dier gets up to speed those two will boss most midfields.

I was in the south upper and it was weird - at one point in the first half it seemed like everyone around me was having a conversation. Seemed to be a few empty seats around the ground as well considering it's first home game of the season.

For any future ballots I'll be sticking to south or east lower. Anyone know with how that will work with the loyalty points?

Looks like we really strengthened our squad, Wanyama looked more confident and him Dier and Moose will be rotating, Defenders will fear our front two as you cant pin them down - they work so hard and are constantly moving. We can switch our style of play, have back up options and are building on a very solid basis from last season. Hope we still add some pace and hopefully Son will come good as i truly believe he has what it takes to be an enormous asset to our attacking play.

I'm curious to see what will happen when Dembele is back though, if he reaches beast mode (TM gibbsy) again then Poch is going to have a lot of options in midfield

Missed the live match and saw the highlights on Sky. This way you do not get the anxiety of time running out as you do not know how long is left. Was surprised when they said it was 82nd minute when goal went in. The highlights seemed less than usual and they wasted time on injury just before the goal rather than action. Can not recall seeing a free kick goal chance but it may be that we had one and it was crap.
On reflection I assume very little highlights. CP did not really threaten at any time and both our strikers should have scored and it would have been more comfortable.
However as usual after a poor run (5 games without a win) any win however scrappy is good and we go on from there.
We had a free kick in a great place for Eriksen in the first half, but he let Lamela take it, and he hit it straight into the wall.

Harry and Kane?

Back
Top Bottom