Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Competition : Premier League
Date : Saturday 20th August 2016
Time : 3pm
Venue : White Hart Lane.

My Line-up :
Vorm - Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose - Dier - Dele - Eriksen - Lamela - Kane - Janssen

Expected Line-up :
Same as Everton game apart from Lloris.

Score Prediction : 1 - 0 win.

Competition : Premier League
Date : Saturday 20th August 2016
Time : 3pm
Venue : White Hart Lane.

My Line-up :
Vorm - Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose - Dier - Dele - Eriksen - Lamela - Kane - Janssen

Expected Line-up :
Same as Everton game apart from Lloris.

Score Prediction : 1 - 0 win.
I would switch Eriksen and Dele, otherwise agree.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the same lineup. I would also not be surprised if we saw someone in place of Wanyama that can make passes through the middle. Legitimately wouldn't mind seeing Winks get some time in that position if we're ahead in the 2nd.

Same team vs Everton. You don't start panicking and playing players out of position after the first game of the season.

It's not panicking. It's something Poch mentioned he'd willing to try before the Everton match. And it's not the first time moving Kane to more of a secondary striker role has been talked about. Janssen was brought in to provide support for Kane. There's nothing wrong with trying new tactics. Especially if the players are willing to do it. It doesn't seem like Kane is against this move.

It's not panicking. It's something Poch mentioned he'd willing to try before the Everton match. And it's not the first time moving Kane to more of a secondary striker role has been talked about. Janssen was brought in to provide support for Kane. There's nothing wrong with trying new tactics. Especially if the players are willing to do it. It doesn't seem like Kane is against this move.
How exactly do you get the impression that Kane is not against the move?

I just find it incredibly baffling that after 1 game people want to see one of the best/most consistent striker in the league (if not Europe) moved into a support role to accommodate a young striker that has had 1 good season in the Dutch league.....because of a 45 minute cameo. Anyway I don't think there's any chance on Gods green earth Poch will do that in only the 2nd game of the season.

I just find it incredibly baffling that after 1 game people want to see one of the best/most consistent striker in the league (if not Europe) moved into a support role to accommodate a young striker that has had 1 good season in the Dutch league.....because of a 45 minute cameo. Anyway I don't think there's any chance on Gods green earth Poch will do that in only the 2nd game of the season.

Palace's attacking options are practically non-existent and I fully expect them to sit back and defend. They looked really bad this weekend. Based only on that, playing a 4-4-2 might not actually be a bad idea. However, I agree, we're going to play our traditional style, but I think that Poch is going to be willing to make tactical changes sooner than we've seen him make them in the past.

Kane has been quoted saying he would be willing to play alongside Janssen, or in the 10 role behind him.

I guess I just don't see the change as dramatic as you do.

[formation=4231, Vorm, Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose, Wanyama, Winks, Lamela, Eriksen, Onomah, Janssen][/formation]

IMO, the lineup should look more like this:

------------Vorm*
Walker-Toby-Jan--Rose
-----Dier-------Alli
Lamela-Kane-Eriksen
---------Janssen

With Eriksen dropping deeper and Alli moving forward if Palace decide to park the bus.

*unless Lloris is back in time, of course

[formation=4231, Lloris*, Walker, Alderwiereld, Vertonghen, Rose, Wanyama, Dier, Lamela, Alli, Eriksen, Kane][/formation]

*If fit. Vorm if not.

Same starting 11 as Everton. Palace are a team set up for away games. Like to catch teams on the counter with pace. Dier and Wanyama being able to counteract that is vital.

If it's still close after 55 mins then get Janssen on for one of Dier or Wanyama and bring Alli back to CM.

Sod's law says Townsend will score.

I think Dele's talents would be wasted next to Dier
It's where he played for Mk Dons and where he started out for us. The position got him called up to the England squad. It also allows him to overrun the opposing defence without being picked up unlike in his attacking midfield position where he's mostly ineffective.

It's where he played for Mk Dons and where he started out for us. The position got him called up to the England squad. It also allows him to overrun the opposing defence without being picked up unlike in his attacking midfield position where he's mostly ineffective.

Why do you think Poch plays him as an AM?

Back
Top Bottom