Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If we can take anything from today's match, it's some smiley material.

I made this one...

janscared.png

Creepy Joe posting a prediction of mine that came true? I wonder if it even registers that he just did that? Gotta trust ole Gibbsy eh? Lol. When pissy angry man baiting goes wrong. Not interested in derailing match threads with his need for conflict.

Urrrrrrgh, you're a bit weird aren't you?
You make me shudder...

"A goal is coming" hardly counts as a prediction, nearly every game has at least one goal.

Actually before the game I predicted we would score later on.

I knew the opposition would be bright out the gate and our lack of pace would limit us. But our fitness is top notch and I expected that to be a factor.

I thought we would stuff them later on but one will do me. Esp when it was power...Kane beasting people and Wanyama crushing bitches.

Love it.

Urrrrrrgh, you're a bit weird aren't you?
You make me shudder...

Someone creeped my Twitter and reported it here. And I'm the creepy one? Joe baiting and I'm in the wrong right? Bait away. What's tragic is Joe could not put my constant praise of our fitness as a positive in my "a goal is coming" post. A goal is coming and fitness is key? it is kinda painful seeing Joe jumping up and down for my attention. Bracing myself for drunk Joe. Ew.

This was the first clean sheet in the prem I can remember. I think I heard the commentator claim that it was our first clean sheet in 2016.
We've had 7 clean sheets in the league in 2016.

Norwich 3-0
Watford 1-0
Villa 2-0
Bournemouth 3-0
Utd 3-0
Stoke 4-0
Palace 1-0

You need to get your head out of your arse and stop listening to idiot commentators. Any Spurs fan could tell you this.

Eriksen was our main set peice taker. He's a valuable asset to the team. But we won a fuckload of free kicks and corners.
.....and?

IMO Janssen will score and create as much/perhaps more and will be faster, more robust and help our CURRENT weakness issue.
I doubt that he'll create more, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. After all, he only just got here.

This was the first clean sheet in the prem I can remember. I think I heard the commentator claim that it was our first clean sheet in 2016.
How on earth have you forgotten the 3-0 win against United or the 4-0 win against Stoke?
Our first win in 6 prem games came when Eriksen was replaced.

Our first win in 6 prem games came when Lloris was injured. See how silly this is?

Eriksen and Lamela has been almost a CONSTANT in 2016. And no clean sheets is not what we need to lift the title.
Clean sheets against Leicester, West Ham, Liverpool, and Woolwich last season would have won us the title.

Last edited:
The atmosphere wasn't exactly London Derby... more London Day Trippers!
From the wind tunnel that was the Paxton Lower it felt like we were in full "impress us before we start singing" mode...
Unfortunately, that took 83 minutes!

How was it in the Flag Wavin' Park Lane?
Nothing out of the ordinary today, solid support from the Park lane through to shelf side corners as usual. To be fair, it's Palace and that never generates much heat between the away and home fans so most of the noise was in reaction to what was happening on the pitch. Lamella got a good reception as did Alli when warming up and coming on.

Once ahead and into the last part of the games the support got pretty loud and shamed the Place fools with the "everywhere you go"

What makes me laugh is when pathetic clubs like Palace big themselves up for "great" away support and criticisms of the home support without realising that most home fans are quiet in reaction to Palace as most of the league don't give a shit as your only Palace !

Actually before the game I predicted we would score later on.

I knew the opposition would be bright out the gate and our lack of pace would limit us. But our fitness is top notch and I expected that to be a factor.

I thought we would stuff them later on but one will do me. Esp when it was power...Kane beasting people and Wanyama crushing bitches.

Love it.
Well, from now on you don't need to watch the games since you know what's going to happened in advance.

:pochfacepalm:

I can see us scoring the further the game goes on. Even if we go behind from a set piece or a break down our wing we can dominate. It's not cut and dried with Lloris out and two new players but I have faith in our transfer policy.

Hmmm

I love seeing the op cramp up. Poch has us fit as fuck.

Hmmm...Wonder what my "fitness is key" regarding my "a goal is coming" prediction?

Not many were predicting a win when I posted that. We were even worse than I thought with Eriksen and Lamela pulling the strings in the first half.

Like I said. When baiting goes wrong. No wonder Joe gets frustrated and tries to argue with people every week.

I think I'll my pass the usual frothing. My preferred outfield just scored the winning goal. I was right to have reservations about starting Eriksen. Simple as that really.

Like I said. Results will be my comeback. I don't have to trawl the Internet for posters tweets. I can watch Kane and Wanyama win in beast mode fashion. When my opinions tweeted or otherwise come true: that's my comeback.

Nothing out of the ordinary today, solid support from the Park lane through to shelf side corners as usual. To be fair, it's Palace and that never generates much heat between the away and home fans so most of the noise was in reaction to what was happening on the pitch. Lamella got a good reception as did Alli when warming up and coming on.

Once ahead and into the last part of the games the support got pretty loud and shamed the Place fools with the "everywhere you go"

What makes me laugh is when pathetic clubs like Palace big themselves up for "great" away support and criticisms of the home support without realising that most home fans are quiet in reaction to Palace as most of the league don't give a shit as your only Palace !
I thought they were one of the quietest sets of supporters I have seen at the Lane. Weird really, where were their cringe Holmesdale fanatics?

Well a win is a win but it wasn't pretty.. Pleased for Wanyama but really wanted Kane to score as he's looking fragile.
Thought Janssen had a decent game but Eriksen was poor again, maybe he needs a spell on the bench?
Not the best of starts ( as far as performance goes) but we are better off than we were this time last season.

If anyone can't get a ticket in the future, just put on a white hard hat and a yellow hi-vis vest and watch from the big hole in the stadium..There can't have been any work done today, the lot of them were watching the game for free.

Good 3 points and even better to have a 3pm sat kick off.

Hmmm...Wonder what my "fitness is key" regarding my "a goal is coming" prediction?
What are you trying to say here? I think you forgot a few words.
Like I said. When baiting goes wrong. No wonder Joe gets frustrated and tries to argue with people every week.
Your baiting is going pretty well, I'm still responding because I'm only 50% sure that you're a troll.
Like I said. Results will be my comeback. I don't have to trawl the Internet for posters tweets. I can watch Kane and Wanyama win in beast mode fashion. When my opinions tweeted or otherwise come true: that's my comeback.
"Beast mode fashion".....is that a Marshawn Lynch reference? Because there really aren't any similarities between him and Kane or Wanyama other than strength. The last Spurs player who played that way was Bale.

Back
Top Bottom