Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Still love him, but dropping Dele makes me love him just a little bit less.
Pococino explained later that Dele had not been 100% before this game, but his form had dipped recently.
Some players see it as a snub, others react and come back stronger for it.
This is going to be one hard season so expect poco to do more of the same COYS

Pococino explained later that Dele had not been 100% before this game, but his form had dipped recently.
Some players see it as a snub, others react and come back stronger for it.
This is going to be one hard season so expect poco to do more of the same COYS
UrocvFR.gif

EP7oqUT.gif

KMgd872.gif

DpbNrbu.gif

Just watched the highlights again. I thought we showed a lot of promise with the new players, Vincent a good focus up front, just hope he gets a goal soon to help him settle in. I also think Harry can play the deeper role well, hell he played deep half the time last season anyway. Great to have a player of Dele's quality coming off the bench and changing things, something else we didn't have last season.

Just watched the highlights again. I thought we showed a lot of promise with the new players, Vincent a good focus up front, just hope he gets a goal soon to help him settle in. I also think Harry can play the deeper role well, hell he played deep half the time last season anyway. Great to have a player of Dele's quality coming off the bench and changing things, something else we didn't have last season.

Yeh I kind of think Harry is more a number 10 than a number 9. I mean number 10 in the actual sense like Sheringham not the more recent attacking Midfielder like Eriksen sense.

Hmm, if that happens Poch and I are going to have issues again.
You think Eriksen deserves to start? Or you think Janssen should be the one to miss out?

I'd PERSONALLY have gone into Liverpool with Alli/Dier in central midfield with Eriksen, Lamela and Kane playing behind Janssen but after Wanyamas performance against Liverpool and how shite Eriksen has been in the opening two games, I'm starting to think Wanyama/Dier stays, at least until Dembele is back. Alli comes in for Eriksen, we already have Lamela who's creating a lot more then Eriksen so far this season anyway and Kane and Janssen to bully their centre halves.

You think Eriksen deserves to start? Or you think Janssen should be the one to miss out?

I'd PERSONALLY have gone into Liverpool with Alli/Dier in central midfield with Eriksen, Lamela and Kane playing behind Janssen but after Wanyamas performance against Liverpool and how shite Eriksen has been in the opening two games, I'm starting to think Wanyama/Dier stays, at least until Dembele is back. Alli comes in for Eriksen, we already have Lamela who's creating a lot more then Eriksen so far this season anyway and Kane and Janssen to bully their centre halves.
I want Harry up top, and I haven't seen anything so far to show Janssen can play the "10".
So Janssen to the bench, with Dele, Eriksen and Lamela behind Kane.
Eriksen is our playmaker, Poch should show he trusts him.

I want Harry up top, and I haven't seen anything so far to show Janssen can play the "10".
So Janssen to the bench, with Dele, Eriksen and Lamela behind Kane.
Eriksen is our playmaker, Poch should show he trusts him.
Janssen looked okay when he went to the number 10 position in the second half and Kane went up top. Janssen also created 2 chances in yesterdays game, which was more than Kane and on par with Dele Alli and Eric Dier, obviously short of Lamela who is a chance creating machine. Not particularly fussed with the line up as I trust Pochettino with whatever he does, but yeah I'd drop Eriksen. He can't stay too comfortable, he needs to be shown that he's been fucking awful, he should have been hooked at half time yesterday and was lucky to last as long as he did.

Hmm, if that happens Poch and I are going to have issues again.

Wash your mouth out young man, Dele was unwell that's why he wasn't selected

If Pochettino pisses down your neck and tells you it is raining, you say thank you

He looked so good yesterday the queen should have knighted him at halftime, he picks whoever he wants!!

1134043header.jpg

Although Poch seems to prefer one up front, I feel we we will keep the same 11 as against CP. This is not about Alli, Its getting the win. Alli will have a silly England game to play before Stoke so he will get a game to boast his fitness. Away to stoke, he will probably feature up along side Kane. I do not understand why Kane, as the PL's top scorer, we want him to drop deep (as a number 10-I hate this terminology) and have a new player up front, who doesn't seem to be able to hit a Schuur deur yet.

For the record, Im a big fan of Janssen with what Ive seen. the goals will need to come because thats what we bought him for.

Missed the live match and saw the highlights on Sky. This way you do not get the anxiety of time running out as you do not know how long is left. Was surprised when they said it was 82nd minute when goal went in. The highlights seemed less than usual and they wasted time on injury just before the goal rather than action. Can not recall seeing a free kick goal chance but it may be that we had one and it was crap.
On reflection I assume very little highlights. CP did not really threaten at any time and both our strikers should have scored and it would have been more comfortable.
However as usual after a poor run (5 games without a win) any win however scrappy is good and we go on from there.

Back
Top Bottom