Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can't wait to see what he'll predict next.
"Eric Dier will commit a foul"
"Mauricio Pochettino will look unimpressed"
enhanced-20717-1450111737-2.jpg

Nothing but a deserved victory today. Very hard fought game today, which is pleasing as I love our fight and glad to see it's still there. Only time our levels dropped was for a 10min period from about 55mins where we were 2nd to the ball, but Palace created fuck all in this time as they did throughout the entire match.

Hard to pick a MOTM between Toby, Vertonghen, Wanyama, Walker & Lamela, I would have put Jansen in that list too but for that miss but I'll plump for Toby as he won absolutely everything and was class bringing the ball out of defence, his coolness spreads confidence throughout the entire team (and supporters). Oh and that celebration on the final whistle, love it!!!

Love Jansen! Fella is a handful, he covers as much ground as Kane but with a greater physical threat, he is a real handful and bullies the oppo. Kane and him showing signs of a good partnership, whilst Kane still remaining a goal threat as No. 10.

Wanyama is much more of a ball player than I thought, good feet.

Eriksen only poor player, did so much good to create a possible chance but final pass/decision was shite. Team still need to work on finishing, against other teams we will not get into as many goal situations.

Can't fault Poch selection, right not to include Alli from the off, write call to bring him on for Eriksen.

Crowd disappointing especially in 2nd half.

My main observation from today is never ever sit in Block E in the East Upper. It was hard to tell if most of them were actually alive up there.

Truly horrendous match day experience.

The West Upper is like that too, but when I've taken the Mrs to WHL it's been better to sit in a less "rowdy" area like that. All the action and energy is in the lowers or the North/South in my experience.

The result is highly important but I don't entirely agree that it's ALL that matters.. We pay to be entertained and the way we get that result is also important.
We've been bought up on stylish football and that should continue..
There's not many better feelings than winning by playing scintillating football.
Totally agree but can we perform and entertain each and every game and get the points? 3 points today were welcomed above a polished performance.

Eriksen's biggest fan here, and there's no doubt that he's one of our best players, but he's been off for two straight weekends now and needs to be benched for the next one.

Eriksen's biggest fan here, and there's no doubt that he's one of our best players, but he's been off for two straight weekends now and needs to be benched for the next one.
I think he needs games. He didn't play much in pre-season, and was not away in the summer.
He is the most creative player we have, it will be fine once he has minutes under his belt.

Can't say it was the most entertaining game I've ever been to, but just so glad to get the win. There's plenty of time to get the kinks ironed out. Toby and Erik were our best performers and the new boys did OK. Atmosphere was a little flat, but it did liven up when we scored, think a lot of people still feel they should be on their holidays. Thought we had done enough to win, but we really need the Moose back, the next two games can't come quick enough for me. As others have already mentioned, lack of strong cover on the bench is a concern.
As I sit behind the goal at the Paxton Road end, definitely felt the wind blowing from the demolished corner - bad enough in august, going to have to get my thermals out for the winter. Still, the consolation for me was that I didn't have one hot flush today.

Well a win is a win but it wasn't pretty.. Pleased for Wanyama but really wanted Kane to score as he's looking fragile.
Thought Janssen had a decent game but Eriksen was poor again, maybe he needs a spell on the bench?
Not the best of starts ( as far as performance goes) but we are better off than we were this time last season.

If anyone can't get a ticket in the future, just put on a white hard hat and a yellow hi-vis vest and watch from the big hole in the stadium..There can't have been any work done today, the lot of them were watching the game for free.

Good 3 points and even better to have a 3pm sat kick off.
They may have a few footballs to sell soon?

Good win, 3 points. We lacked composure at times especally in front of goal. Some players? Need to find good form. The changes will need tiime to gel. Early days, happy days.

If we can take anything from today's match, it's some smiley material.

I made this one...

janscared.png
This and Toby's one are great ........ so why aren't they in the drop down? Talking about smileys, they need a bit of a tidy up - Townsend and Pritchard need moving and why don't we have a Danny Rose one?

Back
Top Bottom