Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

‐-------------Lloris---------------
Kwp--Toby---Vertonghen--Davies
------------Winks---------------
----Ndombele--Lo Celso-----
-------------Eriksen------------
----------Kane----Son---------
I like the look of that, but think Lo Celso may miss out as he's on duty with Argentina which he'll be back from pretty close to the game.

If Son and Lo Celso are running pretty close to the game whilst on international duty then I wouldn't expect to see them start.

Lloris
KWP - Alderwerield - Vertonghen - Davies
Winks
Ndombele - Eriksen
Dele
Lucas - Kane

EDIT

South Korea play Turkmenistan away on 10th September, so will probably travel home after that. We play Palace on 14th so if he gets back on 11th then he might be ok to play. It's around an 8 hour flight I think.

Argentina have 3 fixtures with the last one on 11th September in America. I think it maybe too soon for him to start that one, but could see him starting vs Olympiakos in the week.

Last edited:
If Son and Lo Celso are running pretty close to the game whilst on international duty then I wouldn't expect to see them start.

Lloris
Winks
Ndombele - Eriksen
Dele
Lucas - Kane

EDIT

South Korea play Turkmenistan away on 10th September, so will probably travel home after that. If he gets back on 11th then he might be ok to play. It's around an 8 hour flight I think.

Argentina have 3 fixtures with the last one on 11th September in America. I think it maybe too soon for him to start that one, but could see him starting vs Olympiakos in the week.
I think Son will most probably play as you suggest, and Lo Celso might even be able to but I think like you said there is more chance of him starting against Olympiacos.

My one hope is that Ndombele is back for this, with Foyth and Sessegnon back in training pushing for starts.

Please please please no injuries over the international break football gods. Please I beg you, make sissoko/rose volunteer as tribute :pochcry:

Lloris
Winks
Ndombele - Eriksen
Dele
Lucas - Kane

EDIT

South Korea play Turkmenistan away on 10th September, so will probably travel home after that. We play Palace on 14th so if he gets back on 11th then he might be ok to play. It's around an 8 hour flight I think.

Spurs posted the international fixtures for everyone...

They have Son's last game as 10 September and Lo Celso's as 9 September. Think they'd both be okay to start the 14th if needed.

I’m flying over from Canada for my first game at the new stadium with my son who’s a Dipper.
I know I’m a shit dad before anyone says anything but I’m hoping the experience will convert him.

They have Son's last game as 10 September and Lo Celso's as 9 September. Think they'd both be okay to start the 14th if needed.

I misread it, they only have 2 fixtures. However google says they have Mexico on 11th September and LiveScore says 10th September! Who knows?!

Poch should drop both and start with Eriksen and Ndombele in the mid Plus LoCelso, Son, Moura and Kane upfront, 4 at the back.

Not even Guardiola would pick such an attacking line up. He realised the importance of someone like Fernandinho in his team and has now signed Rodri to do the same job. Klopp makes sure he has players in centre midfield that can win the ball back and genuinely protect the back four

Even Barca have relied on Busqets all these years despite their amazing riches going forward.

Having a strong midfield base gives the attackers the licence to go and win games. I think Poch has to see if he can get Dier fit and back in form and put Skipp alongside him and see if it works in protecting the back four who have been horribly exposed too many times. They are the only two who have a defensive mindset but with some ability on the ball and even in a game against Palace at home we will need players who can dig in and fight. There are very few easy games in the PL and no matter what anyone thinks of Hodgson he knows how to set up a team to get a result

Seriously. These guys are professional athletes.

If they're not taking a private jet, they're siting first class.

Traveling for these guys is not the "grind" it used to be.

yIPx7HO.jpg

Gazza, Aurier, Rose, Sanchez, Ndombele, Dele, Kane
Radical stuff!

This will not be easy. We have struggled with Palace the last couple of years, lots of 1-0 or 2-1 wins and Roy is far smarter than people give him credit for. He has managed to beat both City and United in the last year after all.

On pure squad material we should have this but we cannot count Palace out of this.
It's dangerous to discount any team good enough to be in the P.L. We ALWAYS need to play our A lineup and never underestimate the opposition. This is a lesson learned the hard way v Barcodes.

Will Aurier get a sniff or is going to play against Olympiacos?
Sooner or later I think Poch is going to have to play him given our injuries. I still think he’s the best right back at the club currently.

Everyone goes on about his rashness but we didn’t see that last season. Partly because he didn’t play as much. . . but when he did, especially in the CL he usually did well.

Back
Top Bottom