Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ballsy but i like the idea against teams who park the bus. Gives us more options up the pitch and Dier could drop into the back four and make a 4-2-3-1 on the rare occasion the opposition do have the ball in our half haha. Would love to see it. Highly doubt it though.

By that token, why not 1xCB, 2WBs +1 DM dropping deeper when we're out of possession.

In many respects that's how we play anyway when in possession, so 3CBs against a parked bus is somewhat MORE defensive.

Palace, in purple, are most likely to set up how the toon did. 5-4-1. Poch played son and moura to get in behind them. Of course that was never going to work lol. How about this?

todTT4A.jpg

I'd rather play a 4-3-3 and have Son, Kane, and Lucas and then Dele, Ndombele, and Eriksen when we know teams are gonna park it. Just push all 6 across midfield and cause complete chaos.

Cannot even start to think about team to play this match until we know all Internationals have avoided injury. Someone probably will not. Those with long journeys may not play. We have 3 matches in 8 days and there has to be some rotation. I suggest each of the 3 CB's misses 1 of the 3 matches. Son and Moura rotate. Davies and Rose rotate. No idea what will happen at RB.

Cannot even start to think about team to play this match until we know all Internationals have avoided injury. Someone probably will not. Those with long journeys may not play. We have 3 matches in 8 days and there has to be some rotation. I suggest each of the 3 CB's misses 1 of the 3 matches. Son and Moura rotate. Davies and Rose rotate. No idea what will happen at RB.

Bored of international break already....

Beat Palace and work out the rest from there IMO.

This lot will be well organised and will defend deep and spring us on the break. They carry more of a threat on the break than Newcastle.

We need to start fast with high intensity, make things happen rather than passing it endlessly side to side and hoping for a bit of magic.

If we start slow and give away a sloppy goal it will be another long Newcastle like afternoon.

I think we'll win but those stating big scores clearly haven't been paying attention over the last 15 games...

2-1

This isn't a proper derby, but I'm interested in your prediction, I've no worries about this one.

Not a “proper derby”? Well if you mean it’s not at Epsom and there are no horses involved I suppose I agree with you; if however, you are belittling the seriousness of lower profile clubs in London derbies I think you are building us up for another home defeat. You predict 3:1 Spurs - I hope your right but I won’t be predicting anything!

Not a “proper derby”? Well if you mean it’s not at Epsom and there are no horses involved I suppose I agree with you; if however, you are belittling the seriousness of lower profile clubs in London derbies I think you are building us up for another home defeat. You predict 3:1 Spurs - I hope your right but I won’t be predicting anything!
No need to shit yourself because fucking Palace comes to NWHL, we will be fine.

I'd go all out 3-5-2 with possibly the most attacking combo available.

Palace are sure to go all 5-4-1 on us anyway.

Defence : Toby - Dier - Jan

Midfield: Winks - Dele

Wing(backs): Rose and Sissoko (if Aurier unfit)

AM: Eriksen

FW: Son and Kane

Palace are above us at the moment. It's a really important game and I'm hoping they pull all the stops out. Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sess. It's an impressive squad. Now it's up to Poch to get the best out of it. I'm cautiously optimistic. COYS.

Palace are above us at the moment. It's a really important game and I'm hoping they pull all the stops out. Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sess. It's an impressive squad. Now it's up to Poch to get the best out of it. I'm cautiously optimistic. COYS.

Fourth and they won away at Man Utd. They won’t be coming to make up the numbers.

Palace are above us at the moment.
Wouldn't read too much into that after those 4 games, they played Everton at home (0-0), Sheffield United away (1-0 loss), Man. United away (1-2 win, could've been 3-1 at HT and Rashford missed a penalty, which is very rare), Villa at home (1-0 win, Villa were robbed in the last minute, should've been 1-1).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom