Tottenham Hotspur v Crystal Palace (14 September @ 15.00)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Congrats to all those finding something to bitch about.... Fucking excelling yourselves; each and every one of you!

:avbfu:

....Go get drunk or something you joyless twats.

I've only read the last few pages, and judging by some of the comments, life's too short to go back through the thread!
Best first 45 minutes for aaaaaaages.
Have to give Sonny MOTM, as he didn't stop running or pressing, for the whole game. I think Serge had a good game, considering he has played so rarely. Also Jan deserves to be mentioned in dispatches.
Lost count of the yellow cards for petty fouls - am I right thinking that they were all for fouls against Zaha?
Didn't bother me that we took the foot of the gas for the second half, but I was hoping for a few more goals. Still, a clean sheet is always a plus.
Loved the half time special guest, 90 year old Brenda, celebrating her 70th anniversary of attending her first game - I've only got 20 years to go to catch her up :)
Did something today that I haven't done since I was 15 ............ we waited at the car park exit. Saw Toby, Tanguy, Tiddly, Erik, Ossie being driven by Steve Sedgley, Pat Jennings and Mario from TOWIE. Hundreds of Sonny fans hanging around but he must have left in a car with blacked out windows.
Lovely to make the acquaintance of BernardMatthews BernardMatthews and Johnboy40 Johnboy40 , and of course to see Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor again.
Lots of sightings of the 3rd shirt, think I may have to treat myself, as it's a beauty.

Why is everyone forgetting why Aurier found it hard to get games? Some of you worry me.
He played that game without anyone to mark and under no pressure at all.
His "goal" was a poor cross into a tight pack of players that got lucky, and his cross to Sonny was either a piece of Hoddle like perception or a massively over hit cross.
He does have some great skills in his locker but unless he has had some massive epiphany he is a poor defender when under pressure who has a history of panic induced brain farts.
I think we should view his performance with a degree of caution, and not get too carried away with it.

Christ almighty Mick.. Do you ever smile or get remotely excited.??
RB has been an issue but to see a performance like that from Aurier must have been just a tincy wincy bit pleasing..

Go and knock one out ffs..

You remind us all what this forum should be like every time you post
Thanks lovely.
I'll be the first one to admit that statistics, tactics and formations don't really 'float my boat', so will leave that side of the discussions to the guys that enjoy that side of things! I'm more interested in actual play and performance and any human stories, that come up. The lady sitting next to me had travelled up from Cornwall with her dad; he unfortunately has the first signs of dementia, and she wanted him to see the new stadium for the first time, while he still has some memory of supporting our team. Stories like that tend to put things into perspective, somewhat!

I’m flying over from Canada for my first game at the new stadium with my son who’s a Dipper.
I know I’m a shit dad before anyone says anything but I’m hoping the experience will convert him.

Hope the new business is going well :)
Thanks!
I bought a Fish and Chip shop locally so it has been a steep learning curve for me and hard work. But I am getting to grips with it and loving being my own boss again, without any family interference. Usually I can have time off to get to games but not this week unfortunately.

Other than a win, the other thing I really wanted to see yesterday was Aurier claim the RB position as his own and he certainly did that.. What seemed a problem has hopefully been resolved by a great performance..

Anyone else in the Billy Nic yesterday? Saw that Chris Cowlin dude interviewing people.

Aurier was not great in his first season then in his second looked good quite a bit when not injured (he was mostly injured).

He is settled now and a good player, he needs a long run without injury to forfill his potential. His pace and power make me worry less than when KWP is on the pitch, I like KWP but he does look like he needs to bulk up a bit.

So weird that when a non favorite does something well, it’s a “lucky punt into the box”.

Surely any player playing well, who hasn’t been very good should give hope, rather than accusations of poor play that got lucky.

For someone who hasn’t played with the first team in what? 8 months? Fuck knows, I genuinely can’t remember, he made a very strong comeback.

He’s not my favorite, but he gave me hope in both himself and the manager for picking him yesterday. Nothing but positive on that front.

Back
Top Bottom