Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Because we've traditionally been the "classy, glamour" club in London. The rock 'n' roll club as Danny Baker says. They see themselves in the same way but always had to play second fiddle to us. Goons are no threat to them as, no matter how successful, they could never be thought of as "cool". Now they're successful too but as we all know, you can't buy class. They can never have what we have as a club so they're jealous. And now that we're becoming a real threat they're scared too. That's why they hate us so much. That and anti semitism.
Yeah I no their background re NF but in this day and age in a multi cultural society being jewish is surely not an issue! We've embraced it and proudly so,that's our business nobody else's so why should they be bothered!

I'm not sure about a team like Chelsea losing 2 on the trot... they just 'don't do that' do they??

As great and as helpful as today is, I think we're gonna have to work double hard next week if we are to inflict consecutive defeats on them!

I'm not sure about a team like Chelsea losing 2 on the trot... they just 'don't do that' do they??

As great and as helpful as today is, I think we're gonna have to work double hard next week if we are to inflict consecutive defeats on them!
Nah. Their arses have gone. We have probably left ourselves too much to do in the league, but in a one match shoot out we will fuck them over if we keep Hazard quiet.

It's all very 1991 isn't it?

Attempting to deny a rival London club the chance of the Double by beating them in the FA Cup Semi Final at Wembley... and yesterday, the 26th anniversary of that goal!

278E168700000578-0-image-a-39_1429012983893.jpg

The Stars are aligning!!

That's my thinking them playing she-ite two weeks running isn't gonna happen unfortunately,we are gonna have to dig in big time and no panic!

Next week's match is massive. The winner will be favourite for the cup. However what effect will it have on the league? The loser will be deflated and will that effect the league? Last season Poch said it was not tiredness that caused the losses at the end but because the chance to win the league was gone. Hopefully Poch will have worked that out of the system. End the season like last year and even top 4 is not definite. Cannot see any more easy matches or 3/4 goal victories. Every match now will be close. Still remember 1987, the last time I can recall lots of easy victories in the league. Really hope we can get through but expect extra time but hopefully not penalties.

I think 3-4-3 is better against Chelsea and you can't really drop Dele or Eriksen.
Why is dropping our MOST IN FORM PLAYER and changing formation so he's not included a better suggestion than keeping the 4 at the back.. I understand we're playing Chelsea but it still makes no sense when we've been playing absolutely incredible. We struggled with the 3 at the back formation against Swansea away before Poch changed it with a few substitutions.

Either way, I trust in whatever Pochettino does.....

Why is dropping our MOST IN FORM PLAYER and changing formation so he's not included a better suggestion than keeping the 4 at the back.. I understand we're playing Chelsea but it still makes no sense when we've been playing absolutely incredible. We struggled with the 3 at the back formation against Swansea away before Poch changed it with a few substitutions.

8 goals in his last 6 games? Nah lets drop him, not good enough... Ridiculous.

Either way, I trust in whatever Pochettino does.....

Say it again?

Just because a player is in form it doesn't mean he must be included by default. We play as a team and the important thing is which team is best for the tie, not which individual player.

That said, I tend to agree with you about the effectiveness of the formation.

It was written than Sir Vinny of Janssen did score the winning goal at Wembley in the FA Cup semi-final against the Russian Mobsters in the year of our Lord 2017. As it was written, thus did it come to pass.

I've got my mum and her fellah visiting next weekend, which is a nightmare because neither are Spurs and they're going to want to watch the game in a fucking pub in Newcastle. That is totally not the atmosphere I want to watch my team's biggest match in years in. I may have to just direct them to a pub and tell them I'll see them after the game.

(Also I don't drink so I don't really like watching games in pubs anyway unless everyone there is a Spurs fan.)

Lets hope that some at Chelsea are slowing down, getting tired and fatigued with the long season. Two players, Alonso and Courtois getting injured. David Luiz and Costa were both not as influential as they normally are. We all know what happens if a team turns off mentally or players drop form, they collapse.

Lets hope that some at Chelsea are slowing down, getting tired and fatigued with the long season. Two players, Alonso and Courtois getting injured. David Luiz and Costa were both not as influential as they normally are. We all know what happens if a team turns off mentally or players drop form, they collapse.

Alonso isn't injured, he has a virus.

But I think their whole team looked tired (physically and mentally) today. I think they will raise their enthusiasm for the semi final, they'll want to beat us to prove they can, to prove they deserve to win the title and to demoralize us. But I don't think they will beat us so that will just hurt them even more when they try their best and still can't overcome us. That really could affect their league form afterward.

Don't know if I'm going to be able to see this live, will be on a ship sailing the Med - Mum's 80th birthday pressie - and when I booked it, we were playing Leicester away! Still, haven't been a particularly lucky omen for us in semis - been to 5 of the last six and lost them all! This will be my 50th year of being a Spurs supporter, and as it all started at the FA Cup final against the Chavs in 1967, how sweet it would be to reach the final at their expense! But most of all, want it so much for this beautiful team and our beautiful manager. COYS

Back
Top Bottom