Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Really up for this now.

Can Chelsea lose two games on the bounce? Can we win 9 games in a row? What formation will Tottenham play?

I think it's absolutely key that we do to Hazard what Man Utd did and stick a man on him. Step forward Wanyama/Dier. You nullify Hazard, you nullify Chelsea.

I do think Alonso being out today cost Chelsea big. They had to disrupt their winning back three and move one of their players of the season to left wing back. When they should have just put Nathan Ake there.

He is most likely going to be back next week. Only player missing is likely going to be Rose for us and Courtois for them. Otherwise it's full strength.

No excuses.

But my god, winning 9 in a row in all competitions and Chelsea losing two on the bounce and getting knocked out of the cup to be denied a double could be fucking detrimental to their season.

Bring it on.

A moron Scouser just stated on BBC R5 that, we will bottle as usual. A complete tosser.

How do you even bottle it when you're the team behind and have been for months?
I genuinely don't get the hate towards us...
I'd have thought every club, bar Chelsea would be willing us on (or at least willing Chelsea not to win)
We are this season's Leicester, minus the 'Fairytale narrative' and 7 point lead at the top of the league...

yet some fans of other clubs won't let their irrational hatred/dislike of us get in the way of them supporting Chelsea for the next few weeks! What are they scared of, that Roman will hear about it and 'pop round' to pay their Family a visit???

FFS! We're doing the Country and Football a favour by pushing Chel$ea all the way... can't they see that?
...it's not like we're getting in the way of little loveable Leicester this time!

Not really the same though was it. They were ahead and slipped up. Literally. We were never ahead last year, Leicester simply kept winning their games. Unlike Chelsea, this year.

We were top for about ten minutes when we were 2-1 up against Woolwich.

Nit picking I know, but still ...

For the first time since the draw, I'm actually glad that we're playing Chelsea in the semi.

Perfect time to demoralise them, they don't actually look very convincing on the pitch, and we'll likely not have to play against Courtois.

Oh, and I feel like they'd raise their game that much more in a final than in the semi-final.

Will regret saying all that come Saturday dinner time.
:kanehand:

We were the only team in the top 8 last season I believe that weren't top of the league at some stage during the season.

I have a feeling we are going to see another bit of Spurs F.A cup magic at Wembley. Our players are in top form and confident that we have already ended their unbeaten run in the last encounter. We are now 4 points behind them in the league now, after their poor performance at Old Trafford.

It's time for this young and talented team to cement their name in Tottenham's history books.

(Que the Portsmouth in the Harry days, No krispur61, this team is different)

For the first time since the draw, I'm actually glad that we're playing Chelsea in the semi.
I dunno. I think I'd still rather be playing the Scum or Shitty. We know that we can't rely on the Scum to beat Shitty and I would've liked to have beaten the scum at some point if we win the thing. Chelsea/Shitty are the hardest run, however one looks at it (not that it isn't perfectly doable).

Imagine going into the NLD knowing a win could see go top. *

* basing this on the fact of Chelsea dropping points in their next two games.

Atmosphere would be unreal if Everton got something earlier in that day.

I genuinely don't get the hate towards us...
I'd have thought every club, bar Chelsea would be willing us on (or at least willing Chelsea not to win)
We are this season's Leicester, minus the 'Fairytale narrative' and 7 point lead at the top of the league...

yet some fans of other clubs won't let their irrational hatred/dislike of us get in the way of them supporting Chelsea for the next few weeks! What are they scared of, that Roman will hear about it and 'pop round' to pay their Family a visit???

FFS! We're doing the Country and Football a favour by pushing Chel$ea all the way... can't they see that?
...it's not like we're getting in the way of little loveable Leicester this time!

I guess us being PL ever-presents with a fair few rivals and a (very) distant history of dominant success means we'll never be seen as a small club like Leicester and we'll never get the entire country backing us like they had last season. All I can ever remember is us being a mid-table club who my grandad said used to be great. For a Liverpool fan Chelsea winning the league is easily forgotten, it's just like business as usual and forgotten the moment the summer holidays start. Us winning it would be a stark reminder of just how fucking far behind their club has fallen and how it really is not getting better. If we ever win the league the fact it's us and not them is going to hurt a lot.

THIS IS NOT ME GETTING DRAWN IN TO A TITLE RACE DISCUSSION

Back
Top Bottom