Tottenham Hotspur v Chelscum - FA Cup Semi Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't want to play them off the park for 45 minutes.

Point was that we are better than we was that day, our confidence is high, we are mentally strong, and we are competent in two formations with an almost full strength matchday squad.

Our strength is flexibilty. 3 at the back is certainly not a fail safe formation that guarantees victory. 3 at the back was an absolute shambles in the 2-2 at The Etihad. We salvaged a point by changing it all up.

It would be naive to go into that game thinking Conte hasnt looked to address what we did to them a WHL. Pep did exactly in the City game and we were nowhere.

I think you are a little too hung up on the fact we have struggled against Liverpool. Anfield wasnt the formation, it was madness in defence, and Son missing sitters.

Point was that we are better than we was that day, our confidence is high, we are mentally strong, and we are competent in two formations with an almost full strength matchday squad.

Our strength is flexibilty. 3 at the back is certainly not a fail safe formation that guarantees victory. 3 at the back was an absolute shambles in the 2-2 at The Etihad. We salvaged a point by changing it all up.

It would be naive to go into that game thinking Conte hasnt looked to address what we did to them a WHL. Pep did exactly in the City game and we were nowhere.

I think you are a little too hung up on the fact we have struggled against Liverpool. Anfield wasnt the formation, it was madness in defence, and Son missing sitters.

Form will go out the window. Our form was pretty good going into the cup semi final against Portsmouth and we lost. We've gone into big games high on form before and failed to perform. Our record at Wembley in general is abysmal.

I just think we are better playing 3 at the back. I just hope Rose is back though, because Davies is going to get a fucking beating of his life on Saturday. Let's just hope all players are on hand to support him and they've learnt from the Liverpool game when Davies was raped by Mane over and over again.

I'd personally feel a lot more comfortable going into the game with Dier, Dembele, Wanyama, Alderweireld and Vertonghen all on the pitch at the same time in a 3 at the back. But that's just me.

Form will go out the window. Our form was pretty good going into the cup semi final against Portsmouth and we lost. We've gone into big games high on form before and failed to perform. Our record at Wembley in general is abysmal.

I just think we are better playing 3 at the back. I just hope Rose is back though, because Davies is going to get a fucking beating of his life on Saturday. Let's just hope all players are on hand to support him and they've learnt from the Liverpool game when Davies was raped by Mane over and over again.

I'd personally feel a lot more comfortable going into the game with Dier, Dembele, Wanyama, Alderweireld and Vertonghen all on the pitch at the same time in a 3 at the back. But that's just me.

If Wembley is a factor, and our form plays no part, then surely we are screwed whatever we play?

For me, both formations are a massive part of our growth and Id be happy to use in the game if need be.

I'm quietly confident that Poch will have something up his sleeve for this, and the good thing is we have shown we can mix it up during the game, and player for player I honestly believe we are better then them, everyone keeps on going on about how good Kante is, but we got Wanyama who had Kante in his pocket all game at the lane, the only thing that worries me about this game is if we get a ref that buys into all there play acting shite....

If Wembley is a factor, and our form plays no part, then surely we are screwed whatever we play?

For me, both formations are a massive part of our growth and Id be happy to use in the game if need be.

May well be but I'd still go with the formation that nullified Chelsea's attack and gave them absolutely no avenues to play to their best. I think the 2-0 home win is probably one of the most 'overrated' performances of the season. We weren't particularly that good as we've shown we can be. We didn't really have much chances beyond Alli's and Chelsea had a good chance early on to take the lead but we took our chances and that's what's going to need to be done on Saturday.

I personally feel we moved back to a 4-2-3-1 because Wanyama and Winks were injured and Kane was unfit. I feel we stuck with it yesterday because Wanyama probably wasn't fully fit. I think if Rose somehow passes his fitness test, Poch will go with 3 at the back, Dier slots back to centre half, Wanyama comes in and Rose is on the left.

I think we'll definitely use it throughout the game. We did the same yesterday. Dier sat back and Alli/Eriksen dropped a little deeper and then at the end when Wanyama came on.

I'm not hating on son here before I get a million disagrees for speaking a bad word about him, but in the Liverpool game Davies was so exposed as it seemed son wasn't tracking back at all, im sure if rose was playing it wouldn't have been such a problem but Davies aint got the pace of Rose, but I'm sure this would have been addressed by Poch after the game, and worked on before this if he chooses to go for a simmilar formation.

I'm not hating on son here before I get a million disagrees for speaking a bad word about him, but in the Liverpool game Davies was so exposed as it seemed son wasn't tracking back at all, im sure if rose was playing it wouldn't have been such a problem but Davies aint got the pace of Rose, but I'm sure this would have been addressed by Poch after the game, and worked on before this if he chooses to go for a simmilar formation.

Well it was pace that killed Davies.

Rose wouldn't have had the problem. I also think the fact that we didn't have Vertonghen (who usually does such a good job of covering the left back) was a huge miss. Dier was absolutely pathetic that day. He usually is poor in a back four though. It was strange to see Alderweireld on the left side of defence.

Rose wouldn't have had the problem. I also think the fact that we didn't have Vertonghen (who usually does such a good job of covering the left back) was a huge miss. Dier was absolutely pathetic that day. He usually is poor in a back four though. It was strange to see Alderweireld on the left side of defence.

Surely Sunday will be to soon for Rose to be fit?
Will be interesting to see how we set up for this one, feels like so much more than a semi final, specially if united get a result today, if they do and we beat the chavs then doubts will start to creep into there fragile minds!

People keep saying Rose wouldn't have had this issue but Mane was motm in the game at the Lane (rose played) and Rose himself said that was the toughest opponent he has played against.

Dembele is going to be crucial.

I have just checked all of our involvement at Wembley since Dembele signed for us.

League Cup Final - Chelsea
- We may have actually had a better chance if he started but it was round about this time in the season where he really fell out of favour. He came on with 30 minutes to go but the game was over by then. We were 2-0 down. If anything, he gave us a bit more solidarity and we didn't concede any more goals whilst he was on the pitch.

Champions League Group E - Monaco
- Came off the bench at half time. A bit like the Chelsea game really, we probably may have had a better chance of winning the game or at least getting something out of it if he had started. Bossed the second half, we didn't score but we also didn't concede whilst on the pitch.

Champions League Group E - Bayer Leverkusen
- He came off injured after 30 minutes of this one. Score was 0-0 at the time. He goes off and we end up losing the game 0-1 which pretty much ended our Champions League hopes, the result was a big blow. I'd like to say we don't lose if Dembele stays on.

Europa League Round of 32 - Gent
- Started this one, which was a good decision as we needed to win. We were 2-1 up whilst he was on the pitch and pushing for the winner to take us through to the next round. We then take Dembele off with 15 minutes left to play and concede within 5 minutes of that and we're eliminated. Once again, like in the last game, I'd like to think if Dembele stays on, we don't concede and we potentially go on to win.

So we've played FOUR games at Wembley involving Dembele. The total minutes he's played equates to about TWO full games and in the time he's been on the pitch, we've conceded 1 goal and scored 2.

Dembele is going to be crucial.

I have just checked all of our involvement at Wembley since Dembele signed for us.

League Cup Final - Chelsea
- We may have actually had a better chance if he started but it was round about this time in the season where he really fell out of favour. He came on with 30 minutes to go but the game was over by then. We were 2-0 down. If anything, he gave us a bit more solidarity and we didn't concede any more goals whilst he was on the pitch.

Champions League Group E - Monaco
- Came off the bench at half time. A bit like the Chelsea game really, we probably may have had a better chance of winning the game or at least getting something out of it if he had started. Bossed the second half, we didn't score but we also didn't concede whilst on the pitch.

Champions League Group E - Bayer Leverkusen
- He came off injured after 30 minutes of this one. Score was 0-0 at the time. He goes off and we end up losing the game 0-1 which pretty much ended our Champions League hopes, the result was a big blow. I'd like to say we don't lose if Dembele stays on.

Europa League Round of 32 - Gent
- Started this one, which was a good decision as we needed to win. We were 2-1 up whilst he was on the pitch and pushing for the winner to take us through to the next round. We then take Dembele off with 15 minutes left to play and concede within 5 minutes of that and we're eliminated. Once again, like in the last game, I'd like to think if Dembele stays on, we don't concede and we potentially go on to win.

So we've played FOUR games at Wembley involving Dembele. The total minutes he's played equates to about TWO full games and in the time he's been on the pitch, we've conceded 1 goal and scored 2.
Mate you need to drop the Wembley "thing" your beginning to sound like John Cwoss.

Dembele IS crucial to us because he is a fantastic footballer.

Mate you need to drop the Wembley "thing" your begging to sound like John Cwoss.

Dembele IS crucial to us because he is a fantastic footballer.

Dembele is G.O.A.T
:dembelewtf:
coys.png

Looking forward to this. We are going to beat the fuckers. We're too good for them all over the pitch. Not sure what team Poch will put out. One of Dele or Son is going to have to start on the bench because we will need Wanyama and Dembele to ensure we have control everywhere in midfield.

Looking forward to this. We are going to beat the fuckers. We're too good for them all over the pitch. Not sure what team Poch will put out. One of Dele or Son is going to have to start on the bench because we will need Wanyama and Dembele to ensure we have control everywhere in midfield.

Dele will start....

Davies is not as good as Rose, simple as. A competent left back, yes, and still young, but he is a squad player for a top side like us or a starter for a team like Everton. If Rose is fit I am 100% confident of beating Chelsea. If not then I am only 95% confident.

But Davies has had a run in the team and will have been learning, Poch I am sure will have been preparing him for the Chelsea game knowing he is likely to play. Chelsea still have to contend with Vertonghen who has quietly been exceptional this season - and Toby. And Lloris. We still have more than enough to beat them with Davies starting.

3 at the back makes sense regardless of whether Davies or Rose play, in my view.

Back
Top Bottom