Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wonder when we last won 2 league games & Woolwich lost 2 in the same week?

That glorious 3 days in April 2010

We beat Woolwich 2-1 for the first time in years and then beat Chelsea 2-1.

Woolwich lost to us and then followed that up with 3-2 loss to Wigan few days later.

Good win today, doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or mile, winning is winning.

I think the formation against Hull is our best. Once Lamela is back then that formation with him in, we could tear teams apart.

----------------------Lloris-------------------
--------Alderweireld--Vertonghen-----
Walker----------------Dier--------------Rose
-------------Dembele-----Alli-----------------
------Lamela--------------------Eriksen------
-------------------------Kane---------------------

Good win today, doesn't matter whether you win by an inch or mile, winning is winning.

I think the formation against Hull is our best. Once Lamela is back then that formation with him in, we could tear teams apart.

----------------------Lloris-------------------
--------Alderweireld--Vertonghen-----
Walker----------------Dier--------------Rose
-------------Dembele-----Alli-----------------
------Lamela--------------------Eriksen------
-------------------------Kane---------------------
Maybe switch Alli and Eriksen? I feel like Eriksen is better playing deep.

What is Dyche whinging about?? should Sissoko have been sent off?
No not really. Myself I didn't see anything bad. Looked like he never even touched him with the high leg and t was on e floor before contact was made. That didn't even look that bad. The foot went up a long time before he was even near the player. He didn't see him. Not like the Ake on lamela blatant one, nothing malicious at all
One of theirs did a far worse challenge that went unpunished

No not really. Myself I didn't see anything bad. Looked like he never even touched him with the high leg and t was on e floor before contact was made. That didn't even look that bad. The foot went up a long time before he was even near the player. He didn't see him. Not like the Ake on lamela blatant one, nothing malicious at all
One of theirs did a far worse challenge that went unpunished

Just read he said it's impossible to not give a red? Would like to see it but there's no MOTD2 tonight for some reason.

I was always one of those players who got a buzz from setting up a goal from a nice pass, probably more than scoring one.

serious? that's so hard for me to imagine. Had you not said so the idea would never have ever crossed my mind. I mean, sure, if a team mate is in a better position I certainly pass. I get infuriated when I play with selfish players who ignore me in a better position. But scoring is always my goal. An assist feels about 10% as good - to me.

High foot tackle where his studs touched the opposing players knee. Went for the ball, no malice.

I've seen them given as reds to be fair.
The commentator said it was similar to arnautovic's red the other day.
I missed that one so I am not sure!

Thought Burnley support was terrific and burnly were far from the worse side to visit lane this season. could of been 2 up at half time. a good win with a lot of players apart from the full backs not at their best.

The commentator said it was similar to arnautovic's red the other day.
I missed that one so I am not sure!
Which shouldn't have been a red.
Funny how they haven't been debating about whether Rojo should have been sent off, twice. Far more certain than both argonauts or scissorko

They are fucking immense in every aspect of their game, with and without the ball. Both committed and hard as fucking nails, never pull out of challenges. Their attitude is always positive, never see their heads drop if they miss place a pass or make an error, instead they always look to make up for it, always looking to receive the ball. The team is built around them.
So agree with this - would swap these two for anyone else, for that matter wouldn't change our back four!!!!

Not the best of games, but a win's a win, especially with the way the other result went today. The biggest shout out to Danny, I didn't think that he was going to come out for the second half, as he seemed to be struggling with an injury. Thank goodness he did!!

Back
Top Bottom