Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Job done.

Bit too redundant for me having Dembele, Wanyama, and Winks all in the middle. Very stagnate and slow buildup that allowed Burnley to set themselves. Dembele doesn't seem himself. I think you have to start Winks over Dembele moving forward. Love Winks' eye for a forward pass.

One if not both of Son or Sissoko should be starting every match. Son made some poor decisions but we need more players that are willing to run at and behind defenses. No surprise that our attack looked miles better when both came on.

Bloody beeb.. who the hell is this writer anyway

Tottenham Hotspur 2-1 Burnley

Spun so badly to make it sound like we are lucky and dirty!
This year we're lucky and dirty... last season we were the potential FAIRY-TALE WRECKERS!!

We're not 'small' enough to have other people take us to their hearts, yet big enough for people to hate...
...and Poch is not quite big enough for people to be in awe of him, and fawn over us like they do with Pep & Mourinho!
Seriously, we can't win ...(except when we win!)

I thought we played well yesterday......again, its lacking movement and decision making up top, but I dont think we were dull, or low tempo.

Id really like to see Kane getting stuck in, like he used to though.....saw glimpses of it yesterday in the first half.

Now the dust has settled...
Not our best performance & I wanted to throw my laptop out the window when we conceded.
However- I thought we dug in & dug in hard. Sissoko's redemption continues although he was a lucky boy imo. Not as lucky as that filthy fucker who almost cut Moose in half. How that was not a red I don't know. Saying that, if he'd given a red, you can be certain he'd have evened it up with another red. Another red for Sissoko would have meant a longer ban I think (second red before card amnesty?)
I'm just gutted we couldn't put a third in- primarily because I had a £5 double- us to win 3-1 & Citeh to win 2-1...would've been a lovely pick me up (£575) before Xmas. You see...even when they win, Spurs can leave you tearing your hair out!

On a serious note, I thought we attended to business in a game that we would likely have lost in the not too distant past once we had gone behind. We have a consistent resilience that most Spurs fans will not be familiar with, & whilst we aren't battling out 7 goal thrillers too often these days, I like our solidity. No longer pushovers or simply "the entertainers", the steel & strength of our team is something to be very proud of.

And Danny Rose...well, wow. He is an incredible powerhouse for such a diminutive fella. An absolute tiger on the pitch. I swear he looks stronger every game. I feel for Davies somewhat, because he's a fine LB, but there's no knocking Danny off his perch barring something unthinkable happening (I'm not saying any of the usual cliche type things cos the minute I do, one of them will happen)

We go into the Xmas break looking like we have several gears to go through yet. That is no bad thing at all.

Love this team. Young, hungry & about to hit a hot streak of form imo.

I thought we played well yesterday......again, its lacking movement and decision making up top, but I dont think we were dull, or low tempo.

Id really like to see Kane getting stuck in, like he used to though.....saw glimpses of it yesterday in the first half.
I'm not convinced Kane is fully fit yet. He is not running the line like past couple of seasons, at least with the same intensity. His pressing was outstanding but this season seems to leave that to Alli, Son & Sissoku. Also caught on his heels a couple of times, especially late to respond a spilled shot from the goalkeeper, also CB's nipping in front of him as he backs away from pass. That said what I liked a lot from him Sunday's game was the number of times he was able to turn having received the ball with back to goal.

No, 'cos it's on tonight... after the Myerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrseyyyyyseyide Deirrrrrrbeeeeeeehhhhhh!
Or MERSY MONDAY as Sky have suddenly dubbed it!
That explains it. Weird that there have been times where a game was played on Monday but they still did MOTD2 on Sunday. This must be because of it being Mer$$$yside Monday

Had some nerves here and there in the second half.

It would be ideal for us to be rolling over all lower table teams like we did the Swans but that just isn't a realistic expectation in the Prem. Even the Chavs with their current streak are just nicking one goal wins. So as Macch said earlier "job done." Get the three points and move on to your Fancy Dress party.

COYS

Get off your high horse, it's a match thread loads of flippant, unsupportive abuse flying about. I don't need your sanctimonious shit to remind me about Kane's last 2 years.

What difference does it make that it's a match thread. Clearly you do need reminding about the last two years and that he has just come back from injury so isn't match sharp you moron. Go and support another team as you clearly aren't supporting this one.

What difference does it make that it's a match thread. Clearly you do need reminding about the last two years and that he has just come back from injury so isn't match sharp you moron. Go and support another team as you clearly aren't supporting this one.
my god you're a twat

Back
Top Bottom