Tottenham Hotspur v Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Son continues to frustrate. Brilliant one minute, touch of a rapist the next. His distribution is utter cack by & large. Would stick with Sissoko. Thought he did really well tonight. The midfield oozed power throughout. Would perhaps drop Big Vic for Winks for more creativity. Winks looks very composed & always finds a pass seemingly.

-------------Lloris--------------
------Dier-Toby--Verts-------
Walker-Victor-Winks-Rose
--------------Eriksen-----------
------------Kane--Son/Alli----

My only issue is Son and Alli's poor form.

I don't feel this is going to be as easy as Swansea and Hull were at home. Burnley are alot more organised and are a better team than both, on this seasons showing anyway.

I still think we will win and an early goal would be useful.

Lloris
Dier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Walker - - - Wanyama - Winks - - - Rose
Sissoko - - - - Eriksen
Kane
1-0
Kane

As much as I want Winks to start, I would love for Sissoko to build on a decent outing after today. It sounds absolutely ridiculous to talk about building confidence on an adult professional footballer but athletes are weird like that so...

I might be a moany old woman, but I'm more comfortable watching us when we play four at the back. And I also think it'd be the right way to face Burnley...

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Winks
Sissoko Eriksen Son
Kane

This a ghastly fixture.

Winks for Alli if anything in my opinion.

People talked about the uneccessary use of 2 DMs yesterday, but that gave the perfect balance for the likes of Sissoko, Walker and Rose to attack at will.

Winks is also a forward thinking player, but wouldnt stick him out wide personally.
I don't mind two DM's. Many a successful side has utilised it.

Dele needs to find some form and I'd stick with him.

Although Sissoko improved yesterday, I didn't see what many others did that he'd turned some corner. He seems good in the middle 3rd of the pitch, driving through DM's but utterly clueless in the final 3rd and appears to panic. He hasn't got the killer pass, or the killer finish.

At least with Son, his terrible passing is made up by his goals. Much like Chadli.

Yea, Winks can't go out wide. He either plays CM or he doesn't play imo.

This a ghastly fixture.
You're trying to get your own catchphrase, init?

Dt0L0C.gif

I might be a moany old woman, but I'm more comfortable watching us when we play four at the back. And I also think it'd be the right way to face Burnley...

Lloris
Walker Alderweireld Vertonghen Rose
Dier Winks
Sissoko Eriksen Son
Kane

This a ghastly fixture.
You're a ghastly fixture!

In a serious note though, Burnley will be harder to break down the Hull, and have pace up front. We'll control the all the possession and the midfield battle, it's just about taking our chances.

I'd keep the same team, but swap Wanyama with Winks. Wanyama has played ok, but he's not great at getting the ball moving forward and can be sloppy. Winks is a good replacement for Dembele, not as strong but also looks forward and gets at players.

----------------------Lloris------------------
--------Alderweireld--Vertonghen----
Walker---------------Dier------------Rose
-----------------Alli-----------Winks---------
Sissoko-------------------------------Eriksen
-----------------------Kane------------------

We treat Burnley with the same respect and professionalism as we did Hull.
Whenever we lose, we dust ourselves down, don't think about the last game, and go again.

Same here. We can't think because we beat Hull, we don't have to try to beat Burnley. Hull is already in the past... and a dim and fading sepia memory!!
We go again for Burnley. Same outlook. Same goal in mind. Win, win well. Make like easier for ourselves by not shooting ourselves in the foot.

6 points from 2 games (or 9pts from 4 if you wanna look at it that way) would be pretty good form going into Christmas.

We can't afford any slip ups in these games... 'cos we've got some right tricky fuckers coming up in Jan!!

The Premier League itself my be edging away, but the Top 4 is certainly within reach.

WE NEED TO MAKE SURE WE'RE IN THAT NUMBER...

(that, for what it's worth, is my new catchphrase!!)

Back
Top Bottom