Tottenham Hotspur v. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Is he though? I mean Fazio captained his team to a European trophy last season while Vertonghen fell on his arse alot and caught a fair few mullerings lol

Being captain of a team that won the Europa League doesn't make you a good centre back. Vertonghen is by far and away our best centre half.

Fazio has been every bit as good as Vertonghen when they've played together this season. Last season Fazio had a far better year.

Whether he has or not is a matter of opinion but I would wager that most people with half a footballing brain would take my side.

Fazio played in a different league with a different team. How can you compare the two?

I wish we would stop slating Fazio. We all know Poch played as an international CB and played way more senior games then all of us "experts".
Poch clearly rates him. in only a few short months he has replaced Kabs (our club captain).
Think back to last yr and all those unenforced CB errors, loose passing both short and long. Do you want to go back to Dawson & co (incl a pissed off JV). No, i prefer Fazio a slowish, tallish, aggressive, determined, good short passer, v strong header, pretty good tackler and lastly v clever person (figure able to make good decisions, organiser).
Fazio for me, lets move on to talking optimistically about our performances - past, present and future.

they're both center backs in the two biggest leagues in the world and both played in Europe also both weren't on top tier teams

if you can't get comparisons out of that mate you need helping

Verts is far and away the best CB we have, Fazio is, and has been his best partner. The reality is, they are the best two centre halves we have.

I disagree with the notion that Vertonghen is far and away a better centerback than Fazio. The evidence to back these claims up is currently weak at best.

Back
Top Bottom