Tottenham Hotspur v. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

lamela_pochettino.gif

Ah fair enough, so it is just Poch out of those two who has got it all wrong. Hope he's learned his lesson, maybe he should read my posts.:thumbup:

Got it wrong?!! why don't you for once concentrate on positives, showing up to a squad at it lowest in morale for 3 years after a shambolic last season, not knowing who he can and cant trust, getting performances out of dead players, getting to cup semi finals, still competitive in the league, getting a settled back four, getting them smiling why dont you give him a break??

Fazio is doing just fine.

Vertonghen looks average at times, and makes some poor passes/clearances. In fact I cant remember the last major decisive tackle he made...BUT...he is one of those players who defends off the ball, and his intelligence is why a lot of teams go long, and target our other defenders.

He´s shown some major passion with our last minute goals, and the whole team seems happier. Dare I say it, but Poch has done the right thing with who he has dropped, for whatever reasons, and the players are responding well.

We need to concentrate for 90 minutes, not just the first half and the last 15, but its coming along.

Rose and Davies are pushing eachother and both look really good. Walker has made everyone think twice about trying to bombard our right side now, as he will just swallow them up with his pace.

Two excellent keepers, and the current CB pairing have an understanding, which is vital. The rest can be ironed out with practice. Our other defenders are versatile in where they can fill in.
The back line is starting to give me some confidence.

Last edited:
What ever is going on at our club the poch fitness methods, reorganisation or what not our players no longer seem to be made out of cheap cardboard anymore. It's like we are a professional football team.
Astonishing really. 19th of December and no injuries. Who would have called that? Poch and his team take a bow.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Walker, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Bentaleb, Mason, Lennon, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

Commentator ... That look from Pochettino to Lamela said: "Look, be patient, keep possession and wait. Then the opportunity will arrive and when it does, make sure you exploit it".

Very expressive face on him, Poch.

Out of curiosity, I decided to swing over to WhoScored.com to see if I was completely missing something about Fazio's game today...because I thought he played quite well. He was given the 2nd highest player rating of the game. I then decided to read other sites and see what they thought. He was consistently given high marks. He had a good game today, and no, he's not the fastest person in the world, but he reads the game quite well and all in all makes good decisions.

What ever is going on at our club the poch fitness methods, reorganisation or what not our players no longer seem to be made out of cheap cardboard anymore. It's like we are a professional football team.
Astonishing really. 19th of December and no injuries. Who would have called that? Poch and his team take a bow.

It's fucking great!
Late game vs. Newcastle, Eriksen was tackled and reached for his foot.. Was nervous for a second there, but then he just ran on..

Last season he would have gone to the ground, broken foot, broken penis, 6 months recovery and then broken skull just before returning… :levywtf:

Commentator ... That look from Pochettino to Lamela said: "Look, be patient, keep possession and wait. Then the opportunity will arrive and when it does, make sure you exploit it".

Very expressive face on him, Poch.

You see , I saw poch's face & read it as his views on the early 20th century cubist movement .

That's why the commentator gets paid for his expert views & I don't

You see , I saw poch's face & read it as his views on the early 20th century cubist movement .

That's why the commentator gets paid for his expert views & I don't
I think the look on Lamela's face suggested that Georges Braque was far more influential then Pablo Picasso especailly in the early years of the Cubist Movement ... but you've got to go with commentator's experience on this one.

Spurs still aren't quite there yet but 9 wins and a draw in our last 13 matches shows definite signs of improvement...

P062_zps28c4add8.png

...If I was offered sixth place in the Table at Christmas at the start of the season, I'd have gladly taken it, considering we had a new manager coming in.

Back
Top Bottom