Tottenham Hotspur v. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not our best performance but considering our results after midweek games I'll take any win we can get.

Glad to see Lamela play well today. He was much improved even without the goal. Our first XI is getting pretty close to picking itself, RW remains a question however. Hopefully Lamela builds on today and solidifies that role.

Shame about Mason. Hope he recovers quickly and his injury isn't serious.

So I don't mind us singing "spurs are on their way to Wembley!"
It's fun and optimistic.
But I saw the jumbotron had it written up a couple of times. Bit weird, no?

As well as rarely putting teams away. Besides QPR at the beginning of the season I don't recall a winning margin greater than one.

Yeh bbc says 23 shots today and just 2 goals which is a typical spurs performances when we are the dominate team.

Fantastic win. After the games we've had, this was sooooooooo hard, and we did it. So proud of the team and Poch.

Lamela proved me wrong today, and I hope he continues this form. For me, he deserves to start v Leicester.

Very happy Spurs fan tonight. The season is starting to turn around. I fancy us to beat Leicester now.

BTW, AFAIK one of the players I've been backing all season, Stambouli has the following stats.

Played 11, won 7, drawn 3 lost 1.

In the Prem, won 2 drawn 1 lost 0.

To me Poch has made a big mistake in ignoring him in so many games. Could cost us top 4 this season. Hope he starts v Leicester.

Come on mate - he's 19. I'm sure there's a player there.
I don't think he's a defensive midfielder. He only made one successful tackle in 90 mins today, Mason made 5. Lamela made more successful tackles than him last game. He's composed on the ball, and has a great positional sense, but he's not a ball winner. I thought he had a bad game v Swansea. He was anonymous when they were coming forward.

However, it seems to be working. It's not his ideal position, but Nabil is one of those players who will give his all wherever you tell him to play. He is an integral part of the future of this club. Hopefully some day he can play more advanced and show us what he's got. One things for sure, with him and Mason in the middle you will get 100% commitment as they have Spurs DNA.

Fantastic win. After the games we've had, this was sooooooooo hard, and we did it. So proud of the team and Poch.

Lamela proved me wrong today, and I hope he continues this form. For me, he deserves to start v Leicester.

Very happy Spurs fan tonight. The season is starting to turn around. I fancy us to beat Leicester now.

BTW, AFAIK one of the players I've been backing all season, Stambouli has the following stats.

To me Poch has made a big mistake in ignoring him in so many games. Could cost us top 4 this season. Hope he starts v Leicester.
Isn't that pretty standard for a new player in the league? It takes them about half a season to get themselves sorted out and ready to play at 100 per cent. He looks a lot more convincing to me than Capoue, who maybe was thrown in a bit too soon.

Because in the league he's only been brought on to hold onto a lead which boosts those stats nicely. Other than that his only starts have come in the Europa League where we've almost played a completely different 11 each time. Most ridiculous stats I've ever seen, utter bollocks.

Lamela had the game he's needed. Good to see.

I'm most excited about the fact that we were able to hold a lead for a such a long time. We had the grit and determination and looked strong in the back. Fazio and Verts are a solid pairing.

Isn't that pretty standard for a new player in the league? It takes them about half a season to get themselves sorted out and ready to play at 100 per cent. He looks a lot more convincing to me than Capoue, who maybe was thrown in a bit too soon.
I don't know what's standard or what's not. I've just seen the player in Stambouli a lot earlier than Poch has, (plus plenty of people on the net including some on here) same as with AVB and Lloris, which was wayyyyyyyyy worse BTW :thumbup:

Because in the league he's only been brought on to hold onto a lead which boosts those stats nicely. Other than that his only starts have come in the Europa League where we've almost played a completely different 11 each time. Most ridiculous stats I've ever seen, utter bollocks.
Fair enough, all about opinions. Shame I have to put you on ignore for being rude to me (and Stambouli), as normally I like your posts.

Back
Top Bottom