Tottenham Hotspur v. Burnley

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fantastic result today and nice feeling but the only point I am going to make is that we need to turn up when we play a top team because my feeling has not changed we will struggle fazio will for one get destroyed if we play a team with a bit of pace against us but cannot complain with the last three games a win is a win

Again, I must be watching a completely different game to everyone else. What was BAD about his game today?
Lack of pace which he was unable to compensate for with e.g. positioning or movement. Burnley were targeting him for fun and he also showed some shaky distribution. But I would stick with him for now and hope he keeps improving.

why not give him a game or 2? Fazio is far from impressing so why should he stay in the line up just because other players are doing well. i don't want fazio binned off completely just wouldn't mind seeing Dier in there given a chance. we signed him as a cb so might as well see what he can do there

He's 20. He has another 12-13 years left to play and learn. Settling in, as we've seen with our other signings, should be the priority for the first year. Second year he should get more game time.

There's no rush.

He's 20. He has another 12-13 years left to play and learn. Settling in, as we've seen with our other signings, should be the priority for the first year. Second year he should get more game time.

There's no rush.
Ok, but he might be a lot better - we just don't know. I'd like to know. (but I take your earlier point)

Definitely moving in the right direction. Lamela had a pretty dominant first half. That would be a huge piece of the puzzle falling into place if we can see more of it. I also feel the need to tip my cap to Burnley. They showed some real fight when a lot of teams would have folded. Clinical 3 points. Can't wait for Boxing Day.

Lack of pace which he was unable to compensate for with e.g. positioning or movement. Burnley were targeting him for fun and he also showed some shaky distribution. But I would stick with him for now and hope he keeps improving.

yea Ings was playing off him abit but Fazio doesn't worry me much as he excels at what he's good at, aerial duels and the physical side in the box. Vertonghen has limitations with those areas too so they both need each other to help with their weaknesses. I honestly worry more about the less experienced guys in front of them not getting a tackle in at the right time and thus putting the back line under pressure. Our midfield has massive potential but they are all still on a massive learning curve this season.

Page_1.png

Again, I must be watching a completely different game to everyone else. What was BAD about his game today?
He doesn't close down players. He stands off, gives them space. He has his moments when he dominates in the air but not enough. He needs to take more control and be a stronger dominant CB. I believe he will come good and be an excellent player but at the moment he's making mistakes . He can play the ball out very well. He is very good at playing the ball out from the back.

He doesn't close down players. He stands off, gives them space. He has his moments when he dominates in the air but not enough. He needs to take more control and be a stronger dominate CB. I believe he will come good and be an excellent player but at the moment he's making mistakes .

To act like Vertonghen doesn't do the same thing is laughable though. Vertonghen has abit more pace but he to is prone to the odd mistake when put under pressure. I don't think on the evidence of this season and last you can say Vertonghen is the better centerback.

Back
Top Bottom