Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Four posts in and no one has said this is a must win.

Come On Biden GIF by GIPHY News
Must win this...

Yeah, that's how it seemed to me. Was behind that goal, I didn't even bother to jump up for the goal, knew the cunt of a ref would disallow it.
I rewatched it as I recorded the match.
No whistle and no check on VAR. Barely even a replay. Looked like the ref disallowed it on the spot after it went in. Incidentally, it was the same prick that threw himself on the floor in the wall at the other end when they had a free kick. He went over as soon as he felt contact.

I'm surprised to say the least that VAR didn't look and nobody is talking about it

Lovely. The lost art of describing the beautiful game, Not a XG or possession stat in sight.

It’s not an either/or, XG and stats have their place and uses. I read tons of garbage match reports that don’t have XG or stats in them. Some of them barely even resemble the match I’ve watched, let alone feature informative or interesting writing.

That paragraph just hit a very accurate note, and did it eloquently.

I stirred memories of those marvellous Stuart Hall match reports on the radio.

Seems MOTD producers are on an anti-spurs brief this season.

Just cancel your TV license. They killed MOTD years ago
I could understand them trying to make a game look like a more evenly balanced one, but then we'd just seen then showing a multitude of Liverpool misses in the previous game, just to reinforce how dominant they were.

We had 70% possession, double the amount of shots, hit the post and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

We never saw any of that though.

Honestly, if you watched the highlights without knowing the tale of the tape, then listened to the analysis, you'd think they were talking about 2 different games.

It’s not an either/or, XG and stats have their place and uses. I read tons of garbage match reports that don’t have XG or stats in them. Some of them barely even resemble the match I’ve watched, let alone feature informative or interesting writing.

That paragraph just hit a very accurate note, and did it eloquently.

I stirred memories of those marvellous Stuart Hall match reports on the radio.
Small boys in the park, jumpers for goalposts, mmm?

I could understand them trying to make a game look like a more evenly balanced one, but then we'd just seen then showing a multitude of Liverpool misses in the previous game, just to reinforce how dominant they were.

We had 70% possession, double the amount of shots, hit the post and had a perfectly good goal disallowed.

We never saw any of that though.

Honestly, if you watched the highlights without knowing the tale of the tape, then listened to the analysis, you'd think they were talking about 2 different games.
Seems to happen every week

He did touch him but Collins dived in his own box from at worst a knock on his leg that a 2 year old could do.

Why you would even do that in your own box 5 yards from goal is beyond me if the ref didn't give a soft as shit free kick he looks a twat. Well a bigger one then he already does after yesterday's display

Indicative of where the game's gone..... Imagine doing that back in the day; your own players would crucify you!!!

Richarlison's disallowed goal looked for all the world to me like a dive as well, that was Collins too, wasn't it?

Thing is, I didn't understand how Richi didn't protest in the slightest, or anyone else for that matter.

I feel for the players in such predicaments...... On the strength of this season's officiating; if we react or protest too heavily, we'll be the one's punished.

Last edited:
Finally caught up and watched the replay, but technical issues meant I missed the last 15 minutes of first half. Also watched MOTD and they did not show the Richy disallowed goal, so I was surprised seeing it in here! Great finish and an absolute joke decision, the like that we are accustomed to this season.
Richy was absolute monster, gosh I am loving seeing him right now. All action and brimming with confidence. It was nice seeing him try a couple of long shots which were very close. That is something if he could add that to his game makes him a stronger threat.
So good seeing Maddison back, he has a majestic presence on the pitch, serene and gliding around effortlessly.
Can't grumble too much we did get dragged into that shit team's antics / gameplan, but it was not for that long and crucially we did not allow it to derail us. Hopefully a good learning experience to stay calm in amongst the cunts and just play our football.

I reckon it is not going to be too long before teams will dread coming to our ground. We are showing signs of devastating play but are not consistent / ruthless enough to do it for longer. We will surely start dishing out drubbings fairly soon when it really clicks.

I absolutely loved Johnson and the lads sticking up for Maddison and taking the piss out of that average twat. The response on SM by Madders was classy but as Wright said the twat's response was a bit deep and not classy in the slightest...

Lastly the gushing over Toney is sickening. The guy is a criminal ffs, and not even remotely a top tier player 🤦🏻 he does look totally like a Woolwich player though, it's uncanny. That punchable face is their hallmark 😂

Haha, that must certainly be:

stephen colbert fake news GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert
I couldn't wrap my head around it.
I glanced around after it went to 2-1 and whilst everyone was celebrating, he was sat there with his arms folded. I did wonder if he wasn't a Spurs fan. But what kind of prick infiltrates the home fans and then says shit like that .

And he also seemed to be cheering when it went to 3-1
Maybe he had Richie in his dream team.

Back
Top Bottom