Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know Match of the Day are limited for time on the highlights they show but even if we don’t all believe in conspiracy theories, there is certainly some piss taking going on.

As we know, their player Norgaard could have been booked at least five times and sent off at least once. Yet the only foul shown in the whole highlights of our game was one by VdV on Noorgaard. Fuckin jokers.

I know Match of the Day are limited for time on the highlights they show but even if we don’t all believe in conspiracy theories, there is certainly some piss taking going on.

As we know, their player Norgaard could have been booked at least five times and sent off at least once. Yet the only foul shown in the whole highlights of our game was one by VdV on Noorgaard. Fuckin jokers.

Seems MOTD producers are on an anti-spurs brief this season.

Just cancel your TV license. They killed MOTD years ago

It is why I've been calling out for us to recruit older pros in this window and the next. Our players are too naive. Not their fault, they are young, but we need more strong characters.
I'm pretty sure Romero, Dragusin, VDV, Sarr and Porro are all the right side of 25... and they all seem to have pretty strong characteristics...

Bissouma, Vicario and Madders are in their prime!

PEH, Son and Forster seem to be the elder statesmen ... I dunno who fits the fitness/energy remit Ange is looking for AND has 10 years PL experience!

Missed the first half last night, just watched it now. Not sure what the consensus was, but the first 35 mins or so were actually decent. Udogie had a horrendous few minutes, no clynical moments in attack, but it really wasn't that bad. Werner, Skipp, Richarlison and the cb's all played fairly well. Werner lacked quality in a few moments but looks a real useful player in our system. Rich absolutely transformed since that surgery, not just goals, looks a different player altogether.

Had seen tweets like the one below, probably prompted by a poor 10 mins before halftime. Silly. I don't like how we defend free kicks with our defensive line real far out.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursWatch/status/1752787376907182363?t=V5b9-y2MB1CGkE1H0r4CKg&s=19

Missed the first half last night, just watched it now. Not sure what the consensus was, but the first 35 mins or so were actually decent. Udogie had a horrendous few minutes, no clynical moments in attack, but it really wasn't that bad. Werner, Skipp, Richarlison and the cb's all played fairly well. Werner lacked quality in a few moments but looks a real useful player in our system. Rich absolutely transformed since that surgery, not just goals, looks a different player altogether.

Had seen tweets like the one below, probably prompted by a poor 10 mins before halftime. Silly. I don't like how we defend free kicks with our defensive line real far out.

View: https://twitter.com/TheSpursWatch/status/1752787376907182363?t=V5b9-y2MB1CGkE1H0r4CKg&s=19

Go back to page 48 or so and see how people shat their onesies on here. One bloke even reckoned it was "the worst game he'd ever seen".

I think "first 35 minutes" is a bit of a push, first 20-25 I'd say. Before then we'd played some really nice stuff, albeit having problems finding a way through their packed defence. Their goal knocked the wind out of our sails and things started going downhill a bit from there.

A similar thing happened in the second half, albeit not so markedly. There's still a whiff of mental weakness about us, if I could wave a magic wand over us that'd be the first thing I'd put right.

Do their right knees clip?
That was what I thought in real time.
No doubt it was as soft as it gets but is there the merest of contact between them?
Had that been at Anfield, Old Trafford etc, it’s given as a goal.

They do

It's not a "dive" as in not contact its a player realising he's been pressed into a mistake and buying a free kick from a ref who was shit and gave them everything

The refereeing in this game was beyond shit. Had a look at their forum and even they can't believe that bloke wasn't sent off.

Don't know his name and don't care.
Yeah, Norgard. He committed 6 fouls (given) and had a further 5 that should have been fouls but not given. Whilst already on a yellow he went on to make 4 further yellow card fouls, the clearest one of them for a rugby tackle on Kulu(??) wasn't even given as a foul. In addition to this, he twice horranged the ref whilst on a yellow, which as we all know now is a bookable offence - nothing was given.

Another little cunt......................

View: https://x.com/CarlyOnYouSpurs/status/1752834351983714463?s=20

Yeah, Norgard. He committed 6 fouls (given) and had a further 5 that should have been fouls but not given. Whilst already on a yellow he went on to make 4 further yellow card fouls, the clearest one of them for a rugby tackle on Kulu(??) wasn't even given as a foul. In addition to this, he twice horranged the ref whilst on a yellow, which as we all know now is a bookable offence - nothing was given.

Another little cunt......................

View: https://x.com/CarlyOnYouSpurs/status/1752834351983714463?s=20

The only way to stop this is to give them a card after the game for cheating but those in charge don’t have the balls to do it. If that doesn’t happen then it will never stop. It’s pathetic and every team has players that does it including ours. I despise it.

The only way to stop this is to give them a card after the game for cheating but those in charge don’t have the balls to do it. If that doesn’t happen then it will never stop. It’s pathetic and every team has players that does it including ours. I despise it.
I am actually okay with it if whatever is deemed to be an offence is constantly given. We are in a situation when every game something is given in one game and not in another. Literally, no one knows what is or isn't a handball these days (in the box for a pen - it's certainly different to what is or isn't outside of the box!), same too with penalties that are deemed fouls and "there's contact".

It hasn't helped by having the rules tweaked every single year and then having the dialogue from commentators and pundits having their view on it from when they played the game 20yrs ago. They should be fined for spying utter shite.

Back
Top Bottom