Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we should all spare a thought, and maybe say a little prayer for this poor ickle lamb.
No matter who you support, nobody wants to see a player suffering like this.
We stand with you Nathan Collins.

View: https://twitter.com/sophiebritton_/status/1752787365897089170?t=Yw1KA5BGsDL8J5-TZU13ZA&s=19

Minutes' silence on 22mins next match....? #prayforhim.
I wish him a speedy recovery.
What a Lame Prick!

Richarlison's disallowed goal looked for all the world to me like a dive as well, that was Collins too, wasn't it?

Thing is, I didn't understand how Richi didn't protest in the slightest, or anyone else for that matter.
...'cos when we do react or retaliate, we get sent off!!

We need to stop getting rattled on the pitch, was way too easy to wind us up and get under our skin and I still think we are a bit naive in that sense.

Also we really need to start milking these fouls during the game, surround the ref strategically, like each player take it on turns to speak to the ref and remind him about booking players etc...we need to improve our shithousery and start acting like smart cunts.

City showed us the way to do it on Friday, clever tactical fouls, stop the flow of the game when they were on front etc...
100 % agree on the bolded. Unfortunately it’s
a byproduct of having such a fairly young and new squad.

The players who are more mature aren’t exactly known for their calm temperament (mainly Romero). Son being back will hopefully help them settle a bit more. Although he also tends to get dragged into it.

Yesterday was one of the few instances I didn’t mind the Hojberg for Skipp move. It’s a shame that his maturity and composure also come with him making mistakes that tend to cost us.

I’m in full agreement with Ange over Maupay btw. He’s a crap player and the only way he can be effective is by actively bringing opponents down to his level. Poor to let a scrub like him rattle us.

You get into back-and-forths with worthy opponents, a Jamie Vardy, the Wilshere’s, Diego Costa’s etc.
Agree, he's a snidey little prick... Good comparison with those other players btw.

There must just be some players who other players simply detest... He's definitely one of them.
A pure wind up merchant 'cos that's the only tactic he can utilise to compensate for his lack of ability...

Thing is, we don't have to stoop to that level, we are LITERALLY SO MUCH BETTER than that, so that's on us, and our players.

Richarlison's disallowed goal looked for all the world to me like a dive as well, that was Collins too, wasn't it?

Thing is, I didn't understand how Richi didn't protest in the slightest, or anyone else for that matter.
Because he did clip him. Not enough for the big prick to fall over. I thought Brentford were a disgrace last night. The time wasting was doing my head in but it’s funny how when it went 3-1 they were losing their minds because we were taking our time. It always comes back to bite you in football at some point.
Brentford are a team with no class. The disrespect by Maupay and Toney with the darts thing got shoved right up them. I love banter but that’s disrespect.

That was fucking chaos last night and a good example of where we still really need to improve. When the tempo slows down and mistakes start creeping in we become too easy to play against. We also lose our heads too easily. These will be things Ange notices, and he clearly got the message across at half time because first 20 minutes of the second half we were sensational.

So long as we keep winning these chaotic games while we refine the style, we'll be fine.

Because he did clip him. Not enough for the big prick to fall over. I thought Brentford were a disgrace last night. The time wasting was doing my head in but it’s funny how when it went 3-1 they were losing their minds because we were taking our time. It always comes back to bite you in football at some point.
Brentford are a team with no class. The disrespect by Maupay and Toney with the darts thing got shoved right up them. I love banter but that’s disrespect.
They were disgusting last night, couldn't really believe it to be honest. So glad to have won and file that mingin team away until next season.

Brentford are actually pretty good.
Put Wissa and Mbueno in that team and it would be very dangerous.
The lad who came on and played on the right was a handful as well.

They could be pretty useful result wise, but all the "tactics" last night were absolutely horrible to watch.
Although a good ref would have sorted that out early. But then, are there any good refs?

Skipp did pretty well in the first half so I think he must have had a knock.

Bentancur struggled a bit and lost his head a couple times.

Either way, the changes clearly worked and we were a lot more threatening with Kulu and Maddison in the middle with Johnson on the flank. Højbjerg put in another excellent shift imo too.
Don't think he had a knock, think it was just about rebalancing. Skipp was excellent first half, think I saw he had the highest first half pass accuracy and he made 2 goal-saving challenges to keep us in the game. Was unlucky to come off but Bentancur looked off it and Ange prefers PEH at the base of midfield and bringing PEH on means you can afford to take Skipp off and bring somebody more creative in to the middle. PEH also had a good game bar a couple of mistakes. Both miles better than Bentancur yesterday, probably still getting back to full match sharpness/fitness though tbf

It’s a piss take that Maupay thinks he has the right to mock Maddison’s celebration in the first place. Do players see us as easy target and a joke like opposition fans?

We need to fucking stamp down on that. Dier once said he heard people speaking bad of us and they didn’t like it, we need a bit of that.
Declan Rice told PEH last season that “no one likes us”, I assume “us” is Tottenham.

I think we should all spare a thought, and maybe say a little prayer for this poor ickle lamb.
No matter who you support, nobody wants to see a player suffering like this.
We stand with you Nathan Collins.

View: https://twitter.com/sophiebritton_/status/1752787365897089170?t=Yw1KA5BGsDL8J5-TZU13ZA&s=19

So over the half way point of the season and I’m pretty sure Bissouma is still the only player to have received a card for simulation.

Nothing against the decision to card him, he dived. But the fact that one rule seems to apply to us and a different rule for everyone else is an absolute joke.

We are too soft with refs. I dont know who had the captain's armband on yesterday. But if it was Romero, then it probably needs to be Maddison as his English is better. We got more protection because of Kane. Madders need to reprise that role.

I can’t get why VAR didn’t check, they check every damn thing these days.

100 % agree on the bolded. Unfortunately it’s
a byproduct of having such a fairly young and new squad.

The players who are more mature aren’t exactly known for their calm temperament (mainly Romero). Son being back will hopefully help them settle a bit more. Although he also tends to get dragged into it.

Yesterday was one of the few instances I didn’t mind the Hojberg for Skipp move. It’s a shame that his maturity and composure also come with him making mistakes that tend to cost us.

It is why I've been calling out for us to recruit older pros in this window and the next. Our players are too naive. Not their fault, they are young, but we need more strong characters.

Back
Top Bottom