Tottenham Hotspur v Brentford (H) | Wednesday 31st January @ 19:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My favourite game of the season. Better than Liverpool. The feeling of justice being served for once is just so good.

People (including Ange) might not like the way the players reacted but I love it. That’s what the game is all about

On the flipside KULU's worse ever game for us , totally wank from start to finish.... i dunno if he is still under the weather , but he was well off his game today, just wasnt with it. Need him to be back to his best self.
He as wank v city! How many more games can he be wank for? Not shown any thing since early season. Not good enough!

I quite like this paragraph from James Gheerbrant's match report in the Times:

It was a game that hinged on flow. Under Postecoglou, Tottenham are a team who thrive on rhythm and attacks in waves; Brentford, on the other hand, live for the broken moments, little instances of profitable chaos, free kicks and knavish tricks. In a rancorous first half Tottenham lost their focus; it was when they shut out the provocation and lit up those attacking circuits — not least the left-sided triangle of Maddison, Destiny Udogie and Timo Werner — that the match changed.

Picked up a shitty virus a couple of days back and flogged my tickets for this one on.

Probably for the best as that may just well have finished me off.

Not for the purists perhaps but personally I'll take a bit o' Angeball all day long! We must be the most watchable team on the planet right now. Especially for the neutrals.
Watch the Timo, Johnson goal again and get well soon.

Last edited:
IMO, Son can still play LW at a decent/pretty good level based off of his performances on the wing this season, but he is not the dribbler he used to be...rather have him as the striker on this team.

Kulu is a maddison back up at best IMO.....hes good at certain things but overall a limited player.

Agree that RW is a huge issue.
Now that Spurs are getting some depth for the wide players it would make a lot of sense for Son to be a striker. Might be his best position at this point in his career and he could bag some big goal numbers.

Dipper

Dippers spanked chavs 4-1 players a kid a RB! We struggle to beat Brentford at home. We are making hard work of beating these teams like conte use to. I’m really not seeing good progressive chance creating attacking football. Again to say we scored from 3 chances we created. Other teams would punish us if we defended like we do today!
Shit talk

I quite like this paragraph from James Gheerbrant's match report in the Times:

It was a game that hinged on flow. Under Postecoglou, Tottenham are a team who thrive on rhythm and attacks in waves; Brentford, on the other hand, live for the broken moments, little instances of profitable chaos, free kicks and knavish tricks. In a rancorous first half Tottenham lost their focus; it was when they shut out the provocation and lit up those attacking circuits — not least the left-sided triangle of Maddison, Destiny Udogie and Timo Werner — that the match changed.
Lovely. The lost art of describing the beautiful game, Not a XG or possession stat in sight.

We need to stop getting rattled on the pitch, was way too easy to wind us up and get under our skin and I still think we are a bit naive in that sense.

Also we really need to start milking these fouls during the game, surround the ref strategically, like each player take it on turns to speak to the ref and remind him about booking players etc...we need to improve our shithousery and start acting like smart cunts.

City showed us the way to do it on Friday, clever tactical fouls, stop the flow of the game when they were on front etc...

Another example of truly piss poor refereeing, how the f did their captain not get sent off…. Repeated fouls after being booked and the cunt completely bottled it when he held Johnson when Werner was clear

Back
Top Bottom