Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ok so no Rose.

----------------------------Lloris-----------------------
KWP---------Sanchez----Toby------Vertonghen
---------------------Winks---Sissoko------------------
---------Lucas--------Eriksen-------Son-------------
--------------------------Llorente---------------------

Or

------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Kwp------Sanchez----Toby-----Vertonghen
--------------------------Winks------------------------
-----------------Sissoko-----Eriksen-------------
---------------------------Lucas----------------------
-------------------Llorente-----Son----------------

I'm undecided.

I picked up a couple tickets last night - and there were loads available in the upper tiers.

Going with my old man who raised the valid point of it being a shame he can't bring the dog. Could be onto something there - 2000 dogs in the new South Stand could be our thing. Wannabes wave flags and bang drums, Spurs have the world's biggest dog pound. Turds might be a problem tho
There were plenty in the away section on Sunday

Ok so no Rose.

----------------------------Lloris-----------------------
KWP---------Sanchez----Toby------Vertonghen
---------------------Winks---Sissoko------------------
---------Lucas--------Eriksen-------Son-------------
--------------------------Llorente---------------------

Or

------------------------Lloris--------------------------
Kwp------Sanchez----Toby-----Vertonghen
--------------------------Winks------------------------
-----------------Sissoko-----Eriksen-------------
---------------------------Lucas----------------------
-------------------Llorente-----Son----------------

I'm undecided.
Hugo
Sanchez-Toby-Jan
KWP/Trips-Sissoko-Winks-Lamela
Eriksen
Llorente-Son

Last edited:
I knew a guy in the army who had someone set his balls alight.
Probably not what you meant though.
220px-Arthur_Lowe.jpg

Did you call for the fire brigade quickly Mick?

Apparently Rose suffered a gash on his shin and will be assessed before the game. So pretty okay odds that he could just tough it out if possible then.

If called upon, you'd hope so.... Strap it up; how bad can a gash (cut) be?

Changed now to :

-------------------------------Lloris------------------------------
--Aurier----Alderweireld------Sanchez-----Vertonghen--
--------------Sissoko-------Dier-------Winks-------------------
----------------------Eriksen-----Lamela------------------------
--------------------------------Son---------------------------------

Keeping defensive minded.
I don't like Toby at left centre-back, Sanchez is also quicker to cover if Jan gets caught forward.
Still predict a win, maybe 1-0 instead of 2-0.

Rose has to play. There's a long rest after the game to recover.

Rose (if fit), Eriksen and Son have to turn up as they appear to be our main attacking threats (even assuming Llorente plays - which I think he will).

We need a couple of goals to take to their place. A clean sheet is vital.

Danny picked up a knock on Sunday and looked uncomfortable from then on, so I'm not surprised that he is not playing. Shame, as he has been playing well recently.

Rest assured boys, them missing Reus is as big as us missing Kane. He is their star player and Dortmund man like Kane is for us. 17 goals and 9 assists this season. Alcacer being out is also fantastic because it means they have no recognised striker so will have no choice but to go Gotze upfront. Their defence are a mess at the moment and are now missing Weigel who’s been filling in at centre back and also missing key defender Pzecek. Real opportunity this boys, Dortmund are down to bare bones here.

John Cwoss & Chunky Moose asking Vertoghen about how important the atmosphere is. I will guarantee you their write up's they will make a massive deal about how empty the stadium is. This gooner cunt and West Ham troll spent the entire first quarter pushing the Wembley curse narrative in our first season.

Last edited:

John Cwoss & Chunky Moose asking Vertoghen about how important the atmosphere is. I will guarantee you their write up's they will make a massive deal about how empty the stadium is. This gooner cunt and West Ham troll spent the entire first quarter pushing the Wembley curse narrative in our first season.

What do we expect the attendance to be?

Trying to get down to this.

Either way I'm confident we're going to keep improving and playing better as the season goes on which means Dortmund are bang in trouble regardless of who has more injuries.

3-1 as it wouldn't feel right if we didn't concede an away goal going into the second leg.

Dortmund to go 2-0 up at home in the return leg only for Sissoko to finally rise like a Phoenix and finally complete his full circle turn around with a late winner after we miss several sitters.

If none of this comes to pass I will now likely collapse in on myself like a dying star

Back
Top Bottom