Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just hope whoever turns up gets behind the team. I'm always surrounded by tourists who just seem happy to be at a game and have no idea who are playing! Atmosphere is a bit "chicken and egg" - the players can get the crowd going just as much as we can motivate the team. I just hope that by the end of the night I have ringing in my ears and I have listed my voice!!

I just hope whoever turns up gets behind the team. I'm always surrounded by tourists who just seem happy to be at a game and have no idea who are playing! Atmosphere is a bit "chicken and egg" - the players can get the crowd going just as much as we can motivate the team. I just hope that by the end of the night I have ringing in my ears and I have listed my voice!!

Got told to "sit down" against Barcelona when we were pushing for the equaliser at the end, had i not had my son with me i'd have given her both barrels, as it was i made do with a polite fuck off.

With Dortmund having injuries it really evens things up with all the injuries we have ourselves. I am sure we will be well prepared and focused for this one, so I fancy our chances of getting a good result. I'd really like us to get a two goal advantage going into the second leg away from home, even if we concede an away goal ourselves.

Never heard of any of them?

Some are very big losses for their first team. It gives us a great chance as they're having to play a midfielder (Gotze) as their only striker. Alcacer & Reus big players, Weigl a big talent who's slightly fallen out of the limelight, most of the others pretty important as well. We've got a proper chance, especially against that defence of theirs

Genuinely have no idea who is going to play centre back for them alongside Diallo. Perhaps Toprak? He's started 5 games all season so will be lacking match fitness. Not too dissimilar to Schmelzer who will play left back, only 9 starts this season across all competitions.

What a shame we have Kane out. Almost typical.

Burki
Hakimi - Toprak - Diallo - Schmelzer
If that isn't a defence that can't be got at, I don't know what is. Hakimi is a good player but Vertonghen dealt with him comfortably at the Bernebeau last season when he played at left back.

Last edited:
Genuinely have no idea who is going to play centre back for them alongside Diallo. Perhaps Toprak? He's started 5 games all season so will be lacking match fitness. Not too dissimilar to Schmelzer who will play left back, only 9 starts this season across all competitions.

What a shame we have Kane out. Almost typical.

I'd lump it long to Fernando agains this lot and get other white shirts hovering around for a knock down. Lamela, Lucas, Sonny, Eriksen, corners, free kicks heyncouod really find themselves in trouble.

Personally with this one I'd sit a little deeper than we prefer. Sancho is the threat but when I look at their team & the prospect of Dele and Harry being back for the return leg, I think we'll have enough to get through to the next stage.

Last 8 of the Champions League, a little luck with the draw and who knows what the hell could happen

Back
Top Bottom