Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

DzUVAWuX4AAcxrq.jpg:large

Atmosphere should be generated by either hatred/banter towards the away fans or in conjunction with the pattern of play on the pitch.

Coordinated chants with no bearing on who you are playing or the fluctuations of the match are extremely boring.
British clubs that use drums & club provided flags & banners are (rightly) looked down upon. When it is a foreign club eveyone gushes over it.

The double standards piss me off as well. Foreign clubs climb the railings, light flares etc etc & the media love it. UK fans do it.....life time ban.

First, I don't post here nearly often enough. I always enjoy reading the game threads after we win! Quite entertaining. Very similar to the same type of threads on Kentucky basketball. Personally, I can't read threads, post, and watch games at same time. I'm typically a bit of a mess!

Games like yesterday's are such joy. Dortmund looked the better squad, we made a few horrific plays, had a couple of chances, but overall great concern at half. Then an absolute joyous 2H. Son's great start (after Jan's amazing cross), on edge for 30+ mins w it being just 1-Nil despite us obviously being better, then the incredible last 10 mins. So much fun!

My daughter may be doing a semester in England in 2020. Not even sure where, but if so, I've told the wife we are planning a visit to see her around a trip to the New White Hart Lane. I'll finally be able to see Spurs in person! If so, I will absolutely need to learn the various songs well in advance and plan to leave with no voice. #COYS!

The worst thing about last night was the fucking drone of the Dortmund supporters. No proper songs or chants, just a headache inducing 90 minute monotonous earache with added drums and megaphone. This approach to 'atmosphere' seems to be popular across Europe. Give me proper chants and songs any day.

I can't stand it mate. They think they are producing 'atmosphere' but after a while it becomes an annoying background noise.
Why would Spurs allow the away fans to bring several drums into the ground which makes it harder for the home support to generate atmosphere? Defeats the object surely.

I haven’t been on here for a while. My son has been in and out of hospital for scans and tests. But for 90 minutes last night, every worry was gone whilst this amazing team blew me away with an incredible performance.

Went to pick up my daughter from training and her coach is a Chelsea supporter. He asked how the match went and when I told him my daughter looks over to him and says, "Who do Chelsea play in Champions League this round? Oh wait..."

:eriksenlol:

Back
Top Bottom