Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One thing that I think could play in our favour is that their injuries seem more recent (?) than ours, so they may well be more disjointed because of them.

It's not like Kane and Dele only just became absent - our lads have had enough games to get used to them not being there.

Also Lamela. I just have a weird faith that he'll shithouse with the best of them on the European stage.
Yes and more than that, Poch builds squad-teams where the side doesn't fall apart if a big player is unavailable but carries on the same. We've never had that before and I don't very think many clubs do. Huge advantage.

I know I shouldn't doubt this team but the way we have been defending recently I am fearing the worst.

If we do get through the quarters are on the 9th/10th and 16th/17th of April...I arrive back in the UK on the 9th after living abroad for the last 5 years. The last game I saw live was the 0-5 loss to Liverpool, the final nail in AVB's coffin...It would be amazing to get to see Poch's Spurs for the first time in such a huge match as soon as I get off the plane! It's also my mum's 70th birthday on the 17th (a lifelong spurs fan) so that would be the perfect present too!

Wembley will be rocking I'm sure, hopefully the lads will lift their game and we will be in for another special night.

COYS!

DzRUEzFX0AERaNb.jpg

Wembley has'nt changed much over the last 96 years.

Not really sure how this one is going to go. Both sides have looked a bit vulnerable at the back and we haven’t had to play a top team with out Harry or Dele.

I’m gonna be brave and go with 3-1 Son, Lucas and Eriksen.

Do think Eriksen needs to have a good game if we are to win this. He hasn’t quite been at his best the last few weeks but the signs are there.

They are missing as many first team players as us, we need to come out flying and put them to the sword. A lot of these ties are won in the first 20 minutes

Just realise there’s only 2 cliches in this post, need a few more to hit the 5 cliche minimum

Game of two halves
Giant killing
It’s the hope that kills you

Last edited:
Any win is fine by me. Even 1-nil. As long as we don't concede.

Away goals at this level are a killer.

1-nil back to their place with a fully fit squad and i'd fancy us to score anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom