Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• There is only one thing weirder than posting on internet forums... lurking on internet forums!
    Registration only takes a minute and removes most of the adverts. You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

---------------------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------------------
--------------------Alderweireld------------Sanchez-----------------Vertonghen-----------------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rose----------
-----------------------Sissoko------------------Dier--------------------Winks--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Eriksen---------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------Son------------------------------------------------------

Subs : Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Wanyama, Lamela, Moura, Llorente.

2-0 win, Son with a early goal and Llorente off the bench with an 80th minute strike.

Important not to concede which is why i've gone for a defensive line-up.
Can't see Kane back yet to make the bench(get him back ready for chelscum away along with Alli).

---------------------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------------------
--------------------Alderweireld------------Sanchez-----------------Vertonghen-----------------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rose----------
-----------------------Sissoko------------------Dier--------------------Winks--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Eriksen---------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------Son------------------------------------------------------

Subs : Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Wanyama, Lamela, Moura, Llorente.

2-0 win, Son with a early goal and Llorente off the bench with an 80th minute strike.

Important not to concede which is why i've gone for a defensive line-up.
Can't see Kane back yet to make the bench(get him back ready for chelscum away along with Alli).
Not so sure about Aurier

He worries me

Really tough game. They have a lot of pace on the flanks. Need trippier on the bench. He’ll kill us for this one. Any clean sheet - even a 0-0 isn’t too bad. 1-0/2-0 fantastic results. Hoping Kane and dele can be back for the game in Germany!

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen Rose

Sissoko Wiks

Eriksen Son Lucas

Totti

Chess extraordinaire
C&P'd from the other thread.

They aren't the best defensively but absolutely devastating in the attack.

I imagine this is their likely their line-up:

Burki
Piszczek - Weigl - Diallo - Hakimi
Witsel - Delaney
Sancho - Gotze - Guerrero
Alcacer
I think they'll start with Alcacer up top - they tend to keep him on the bench and bring him on where he's proven to be most deadly but I feel they'll want a focal point against us with two wide men either side of Gotze. Reus missing is such a big plus for us.

Won't be an easy game either way - that's a very good central midfield pairing right there and we'll need to be at the top of our game without Kane and Dele to match this lot.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Llorente - Son
And just go right at them with power and pace. Need Eriksen to be on top of his game for this one too. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back though and push Aurier and Rose forward and leave Lucas on the bench.

C&P'd from the other thread.

They aren't the best defensively but absolutely devastating in the attack.

I imagine this is their likely their line-up:

Burki
Piszczek - Weigl - Diallo - Hakimi
Witsel - Delaney
Sancho - Gotze - Guerrero
Alcacer
I think they'll start with Alcacer up top - they tend to keep him on the bench and bring him on where he's proven to be most deadly but I feel they'll want a focal point against us with two wide men either side of Gotze. Reus missing is such a big plus for us.

Won't be an easy game either way - that's a very good central midfield pairing right there and we'll need to be at the top of our game without Kane and Dele to match this lot.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Lucas - Llorente - Son
And just go right at them with power and pace. Need Eriksen to be on top of his game for this one too. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back though and push Aurier and Rose forward and leave Lucas on the bench.

Lucas and Son will wreck them with pace up front.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Lucas - Llorente - Son
Start Llorente twice in a row? I'm not so sure. Full week's break between this and Burnley though, so not like we'll kill him.

Lamela, Dier, Wanyama, Alderweireld, and Aurier not starting today is a positive in regards to having some fresh legs. Dier probably a miss for Wednesday night (he's got a virus, hasn't he?) but the others should be fine.

Off the back of this afternoon, I'm relieved to say the least that we'll have Aurier up against their attackers and not Trippier. I hope he does as well as he did against Dortmund last season (if my memory serves me right).

Totti

Chess extraordinaire
Start Llorente twice in a row? I'm not so sure. Full week's break between this and Burnley though, so not like we'll kill him.

Lamela, Dier, Wanyama, Alderweireld, and Aurier not starting today is a positive in regards to having some fresh legs. Dier probably a miss for Wednesday night (he's got a virus, hasn't he?) but the others should be fine.

Off the back of this afternoon, I'm relieved to say the least that we'll have Aurier up against their attackers and not Trippier. I hope he does as well as he did against Dortmund last season (if my memory serves me right).

Is could be 1-0 or 4-3 or 0-3. Really hard to see how this will play out given Dortmund’s recent form, injuries and our current squad. I think Poch will look to sit back and counter, so hopefully we see a nice repeat of the 3-1 from last years group stage (but no red card, please).

Top Bottom