Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

---------------------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------------------
--------------------Alderweireld------------Sanchez-----------------Vertonghen-----------------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rose----------
-----------------------Sissoko------------------Dier--------------------Winks--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Eriksen---------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------Son------------------------------------------------------

Subs : Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Wanyama, Lamela, Moura, Llorente.

2-0 win, Son with a early goal and Llorente off the bench with an 80th minute strike.

Important not to concede which is why i've gone for a defensive line-up.
Can't see Kane back yet to make the bench(get him back ready for chelscum away along with Alli).

---------------------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------------------
--------------------Alderweireld------------Sanchez-----------------Vertonghen-----------------------
---Aurier---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Rose----------
-----------------------Sissoko------------------Dier--------------------Winks--------------------------
-------------------------------------------------Eriksen---------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------Son------------------------------------------------------

Subs : Gazzaniga, Foyth, Trippier, Wanyama, Lamela, Moura, Llorente.

2-0 win, Son with a early goal and Llorente off the bench with an 80th minute strike.

Important not to concede which is why i've gone for a defensive line-up.
Can't see Kane back yet to make the bench(get him back ready for chelscum away along with Alli).

Not so sure about Aurier

He worries me

Really tough game. They have a lot of pace on the flanks. Need trippier on the bench. He’ll kill us for this one. Any clean sheet - even a 0-0 isn’t too bad. 1-0/2-0 fantastic results. Hoping Kane and dele can be back for the game in Germany!

Lloris

Aurier Alderweireld Sanchez Vertonghen Rose

Sissoko Wiks

Eriksen Son Lucas

C&P'd from the other thread.

They aren't the best defensively but absolutely devastating in the attack.

I imagine this is their likely their line-up:

Burki
Piszczek - Weigl - Diallo - Hakimi
Witsel - Delaney
Sancho - Gotze - Guerrero
Alcacer
I think they'll start with Alcacer up top - they tend to keep him on the bench and bring him on where he's proven to be most deadly but I feel they'll want a focal point against us with two wide men either side of Gotze. Reus missing is such a big plus for us.

Won't be an easy game either way - that's a very good central midfield pairing right there and we'll need to be at the top of our game without Kane and Dele to match this lot.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Aurier - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Llorente - Son
And just go right at them with power and pace. Need Eriksen to be on top of his game for this one too. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back though and push Aurier and Rose forward and leave Lucas on the bench.

C&P'd from the other thread.

They aren't the best defensively but absolutely devastating in the attack.

I imagine this is their likely their line-up:

Burki
Piszczek - Weigl - Diallo - Hakimi
Witsel - Delaney
Sancho - Gotze - Guerrero
Alcacer
I think they'll start with Alcacer up top - they tend to keep him on the bench and bring him on where he's proven to be most deadly but I feel they'll want a focal point against us with two wide men either side of Gotze. Reus missing is such a big plus for us.

Won't be an easy game either way - that's a very good central midfield pairing right there and we'll need to be at the top of our game without Kane and Dele to match this lot.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Lucas - Llorente - Son
And just go right at them with power and pace. Need Eriksen to be on top of his game for this one too. Wouldn't be surprised if we go 3 at the back though and push Aurier and Rose forward and leave Lucas on the bench.

Lucas and Son will wreck them with pace up front.

I'd go with:

Lloris
Lucas - Llorente - Son
Start Llorente twice in a row? I'm not so sure. Full week's break between this and Burnley though, so not like we'll kill him.

Lamela, Dier, Wanyama, Alderweireld, and Aurier not starting today is a positive in regards to having some fresh legs. Dier probably a miss for Wednesday night (he's got a virus, hasn't he?) but the others should be fine.

Off the back of this afternoon, I'm relieved to say the least that we'll have Aurier up against their attackers and not Trippier. I hope he does as well as he did against Dortmund last season (if my memory serves me right).

Start Llorente twice in a row? I'm not so sure. Full week's break between this and Burnley though, so not like we'll kill him.

Lamela, Dier, Wanyama, Alderweireld, and Aurier not starting today is a positive in regards to having some fresh legs. Dier probably a miss for Wednesday night (he's got a virus, hasn't he?) but the others should be fine.

Off the back of this afternoon, I'm relieved to say the least that we'll have Aurier up against their attackers and not Trippier. I hope he does as well as he did against Dortmund last season (if my memory serves me right).

Is could be 1-0 or 4-3 or 0-3. Really hard to see how this will play out given Dortmund’s recent form, injuries and our current squad. I think Poch will look to sit back and counter, so hopefully we see a nice repeat of the 3-1 from last years group stage (but no red card, please).

Back
Top Bottom