Tottenham Hotspur v Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - Last 16 - First Leg

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Posting at half time? you should know it can make you look a complete cunt ... won't embarrass anyone but could these posters have been anymore wrong?

"Pretty tough to create anything with Jan on the left and Aurier always looking to play it back instead of take his man on"

It's not football manager .... Poch he's magic you know

Not sure I look like a complete cunt for saying that or that I should be embarrassed. It's not nearly as bad as some of the shit you have posted anyway.

Did you really think Aurier was effective in the first half? Or than Jan at left back was paying off? Poch clearly made some tweaks at half time and encouraged them both to attack more which put Dortmund on the back foot and changed the game. Obviously getting a goal so quickly after HT helped give the team a lot more belief too.

I do know he is magic but like Poch said himself he is not a genius just because we won just as he's not useless when we lose.

Last edited:
I can't believe that I missed the whole second half. That's the I have to start blocking out times on my work schedule on CL days so people stop scheduling me for meetings.

I was only able to watch the first half live but got to watch the rest tonight. Such a fantastic showing and without Dele or Kane to boot. Yes, they had injuries as well, but it just goes to show what a magician Poch is.

Not sure I look like a complete cunt for saying that or that I should be embarrassed. It's not nearly as bad as some of the shit you have posted anyway.

Did you really think Aurier was effective in the first half? I think Poch made some changes at half time and encouraged them both to attack more putting Dortmund on the back foot and that changed the game. Obviously getting a goal so quickly after HT helped a lot too.

I do know he is magic but like Poch said himself he is not a genius just because we won just as he's not useless when we lose.

I said "you could" look a complete cunt ... football has a way of doing that to internet managers ... Sissoko even Kane have had their detractors ...

I think Poch made the tactical decision to hold the fullbacks deeper in the first half, to frustrate Dortmund who can only play one way, if we scouted them properly we would have known that they susceptible to late goals, as they clearly are a side that run out of steam. Pure guesswork as only Poch and the players know what tactics were employed. After 45 minutes all a bit meh but crucially no goals conceded, however after 90 minutes with both FB's now charging forward that tactic sure looked like a master stroke .. as I said only Poch knows if it was a cunning plan or just happened, I'd rather give him the credit than put it down to dumb luck.

Last edited:
Just FINALLY watched this game after working late and avoiding all internet contact with humans for seven hours. What a day! What a world! Concede nothing! COYS!

I have no idea how I am supposed to sleep now. Maybe I’ll just watch the game again.

I said "you could" look a complete cunt ... football has a way of doing that to internet managers ... Sissoko even Kane have had their detractors ...

I think Poch made the tactical decision to hold the fullbacks deeper in the first half, to frustrate Dortmund who can only play one way. Pure guesswork as only Poch knows and the players know After 45 minutes all a bit meh but crucially no goals conceded, however after 90 minutes with both FB's charging forward that tactic sure looked like a master stroke .. as I said only Poch knows if it was a cunning plan or not, I'd rather give him the credit and not just put it down to dumb luck.

I am not an Internet manager and don't claim to have a lot of tactical knowledge but it seemed to me like our problems both defensively and going forward in the first half were originating from our fullbacks not being positive enough. Hence my comment.

Maybe you are right and it was all a masterplan from Poch but I dont really understand why we didn't just play like that from the beginning if he knew we could cause them so many problems pushing the fullbacks up.

Brilliant result.

Nothing settled yet and as a club we have shown remarkable ability to drag defeat from the jaws of victory so I will curtail my joy for now.

Onto Burnley and another key game.

Aside from all the joy you all have posted. I want to state 2 things that i cant keep out of my mind.
1. Dortmund had it coming by electing Mario Gotze captain. What are they thinking? It's one thing to buy him back from your direct rival, but to made him captain?
2. The referee almost as bad as PL's referee, but with a dash of creepyness. Why did he kept smiling manically? I cant shake him off my head.
Just reading through Dailymail and they mention he slap Vert butt without any reason to.

Somebody check his basement.

Fucking COYS.

Great night. On to the QFs unless we massively screw this up somehow.
I don’t think we will.

Got a good feeling about this.

All Easter holidays cancelled looking at the QF dates.......... sure my family won’t mind.

:levyeyes:
:pochsmirk:

:pochbye:

Watched the game in Amsterdam last night what a fucking great time. Second half we where just a class above them. They didn't even get a sniff of goal and we were just no clinical.

Jan obviously MOTM but big big probs to Moussa who channeled his inner Dembele last night and Foyth who had Pulisic and Gotze in his back pocket all night, that kid's gonna be special.

Tie ain't don't though yet but we just have to scored once and they need 5

Back
Top Bottom