Tottenham Hotspur v. AS Roma (I-Tech Cup) July 30, KO 19:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Same old story. Moved the ball way too slowly, from side to side, no imagination or creativity. We will be seeing this again and again this season.

Yeh, I don't know what Conte thinks he's doing, but it clearly didn't work last seas...... Ah, wait.

Bissouma will improve us a lot when he gets fit again and settles in to the team. He got 45 in miserable heat a mere week after recovering from COVID. He has so much more to give us.

We are going to be fine

There's no barrel scraping in my post.

You're pathetic.
Nah mate you have been indulged too long on this site with your constant patronising shit pulling everyone up because you don't like it.
I get it you are employed by thfc to quash rumours and distention but I made the mistake of taking you off ignore where you and your kind belong so time for the button......

Philadelphia 76Ers Basketball GIF

Melting over preseason games are you guys fa real...

I think people need to not take the game vs roma into account for any analysis of our performance. It was vs Mourinho's Roma. They had 6 men in defense more often than not. The weather was ridiculous in that hellhole. If our players had upped the intensity, they could have harmed themselves. Should have taken a slightly easier game closer to home as the final friendly but it is what it is. Excited about the season!!
The problem is, we struggled against a team that parked the bus yet again. If we had done well against the teams that just sat back last season (Brighton, Burnley etc), we would have easily finished 3rd. Our team just lacks creativity and the ability to penetrate tight areas and this Roma game has just confirmed it again. Another transfer window has gone by yet we still haven't fixed our main issue.

The problem is, we struggled against a team that parked the bus yet again. If we had done well against the teams that just sat back last season (Brighton, Burnley etc), we would have easily finished 3rd. Our team just lacks creativity and the ability to penetrate tight areas and this Roma game has just confirmed it again. Another transfer window has gone by yet we still haven't fixed our main issue.
Exactly. The problem with having a front three that are so good on the break is that many teams will park it, and can we blame them? After wing backs, a creative midfielder was our priority - just hope there's something lined up.

Nah mate you have been indulged too long on this site with your constant patronising shit pulling everyone up because you don't like it.
I get it you are employed by thfc to quash rumours and distention but I made the mistake of taking you off ignore where you and your kind belong so time for the button......

LOL

If you had a credible counter-argument you'd make it.... You haven't; ergo you're resulting to lame 'burns'

Fuckin' pathetic. :lucasl:

Last edited:
drop son for richarlison and the front 3 will be far more creative against the parked bus. starting son in these games is just so dumb, the penny still hasn't dropped it seems.

Exactly. The problem with having a front three that are so good on the break is that many teams will park it, and can we blame them? After wing backs, a creative midfielder was our priority - just hope there's something lined up.
The up side of the same argument is teams give up something when they park it. I'm interested in seeing if Spurs improve off set pieces because inevitably when a team concedes a lot of possession set pieces often become critical.

drop son for richarlison and the front 3 will be far more creative against the parked bus. starting son in these games is just so dumb, the penny still hasn't dropped it seems.
I'm personally open to trying different formations out as far as our front three goes.

Rich/Kane/Kulu
Rich/Son/Kulu
Son/Kane/Rich
Son/Rich/Kulu
Or Rich or Son as a striker and Kane as a 10?

We have options now so yeah, lets try it.

But just be cognizant that if Son is out of the game against teams that park the bus against us, it will likely change the dynamic of how they approach us. Different formations will result in different tactics by our opposition.

I'm personally open to trying different formations out as far as our front three goes.

Rich/Kane/Kulu
Rich/Son/Kulu
Son/Kane/Rich
Son/Rich/Kulu
Or Rich or Son as a striker and Kane as a 10?

We have options now so yeah, lets try it.

But just be cognizant that if Son is out of the game against teams that park the bus against us, it will likely change the dynamic of how they approach us. Different formations will result in different tactics by our opposition.
yea it will result in them maybe not parking the bus. but if we are afraid of an open game against inferior players with the players we have then what the fuck are we doing. we want these weaker sides to be more open. i dont think they will become more open just because son isnt in the team. they play the same way against city, just city have players all over the pitch capable of opening things up when they are on the ball.

weve seen the same thing happen time and time again with kane and son in the team, kane isnt the problem against the busses, we can all see son is very limited player in tight spaces. its time to react to the situation. get a goal or two up then bring son on, then we will smash these bottom half shthouses and not only get the points we needed but get a nice healthy GD in the process.

it should be pretty clear long ago to anyone who understands the game why we are good against sides who come and have a go and not against parked busses, son! devastating when he has space to run into but hes a passenger at best in the more complex games when we have to be creative.

sons in the top few forwards in the world when it comes to playing counter attacking football, the problem is mushrooms just think that means hes good in all situations when thats the not case, horses for courses. i guarantee if we play without him against the parked busses we beat them and dont struggle like we have done for years. richarlisnon- kane- kulu would get the job done, all interchanging would be a nightmare. some people will just never understand how players can be good against the better sides but a hindrance against the weaker, it just doesnt make sense to the mushrooms.

yea it will result in them maybe not parking the bus. but if we are afraid of an open game against inferior players with the players we have then what the fuck are we doing. we want these weaker sides to be more open. i dont think they will become more open just because son isnt in the team. they play the same way against city, just city have players all over the pitch capable of opening things up when they are on the ball.

weve seen the same thing happen time and time again with kane and son in the team, kane isnt the problem against the busses, we can all see son is very limited player in tight spaces. its time to react to the situation. get a goal or two up then bring son on, then we will smash these bottom half shthouses and not only get the points we needed but get a nice healthy GD in the process.

it should be pretty clear long ago to anyone who understands the game why we are good against sides who come and have a go and not against parked busses, son! devastating when he has space to run into but hes a passenger at best in the more complex games when we have to be creative.

sons in the top few forwards in the world when it comes to playing counter attacking football, the problem is mushrooms just think that means hes good in all situations when thats the not case, horses for courses. i guarantee if we play without him against the parked busses we beat them and dont struggle like we have done for years. richarlisnon- kane- kulu would get the job done, all interchanging would be a nightmare. some people will just never understand how players can be good against the better sides but a hindrance against the weaker, it just doesnt make sense to the mushrooms.
Agree with most of this. We could also try Kane at No10 with the other three a head

You’d also get teams to stop parking the bus against us if Kane was dropped instead of Son

Son/Richarlison/Kulu would be a good enough front three for us to beat inferior teams

Good thing is that we have options to try different formations

I’d be especially interested in seeing Rich lead the line as our #9 as he offers a completely different dynamic than Kane

You’d also get teams to stop parking the bus against us if Kane was dropped instead of Son

Son/Richarlison/Kulu would be a good enough front three for us to beat inferior teams

Good thing is that we have options to try different formations

I’d be especially interested in seeing Rich lead the line as our #9 as he offers a completely different dynamic than Kane

Absolutely pathetic agenda.

Kane isn’t going to be dropped so give it a fucking rest.

Back
Top Bottom