Tottenham Hotspur v. AS Roma (I-Tech Cup) July 30, KO 19:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rather have a pre-season that asks a load of questions than one where we're beating the shit out of teams...Our best ever pre-season was just before the infamous 2 points from 8 games...

I hope we fuck Mourinho in his anus then spit on his crumpled body

Worst manager we’ve ever had
Fuck sake, of course he's not.

Terry Neil the ex-gooner nut job that took us down?
Juande "2 points from 8 games" Ramos?
Andre "everyone stay in your position" Villas Boas?
Ossie "put as many strikers on the pitch as possible and finish in the bottom 6" Ardilles?
Christian "I figured out the tube before learning football tactics" Gross?

What have any of those guys ever done at a management level? AVB has one Europa league outside of Portuguese honours.

Meanwhile, miserable Mourinho, has one of thr largest trophy hauls, at elite levels, of any coach in the game.
He's nowhere near the worst coach we've ever had.
And before anyone goes and says its all history.....He's moved on and won another bloody trophy.
And we sacked him days before a cup final where he could have had another and for US.

Spot on. Six months prior I agree that Jose would have given us more of a chance, but to say it was wrong to sack him before the final ignores the situation at that point in time. It was completely fractured and we would have more likely
to have got walloped than under Mason and Winks

It’s like some people just forgot what happened against Zagreb a few weeks earlier. The players had given up, they didn’t enjoy their work and hated every second of being managed by Mourinho.

After that disgusting match the writing was on the wall, he should have been sacked a month before he actually was. Zagreb away under Mourinho and Woolwich away under Nuno were the two worst matches I have ever seen. Both times they had the same stench of players who just wanted the manager to fuck off.

Sacking Mourinho gave the team a big lift as the subsequent results showed, I don’t blame Levy for going for the new manager bounce he just should have done it much earlier.

It's Richarlison trade mark nicknamed the Pigeon for his snozz and like all smart people embraced it and upped the joke. So includes the walk in his goal celebration. Which I hope to see like a minimum of twenty three times next season across all comps next season. 🙏
Speaking as an amateur ornithologist, and given that Richarlison is a Brazilian with a big nose, I'd have thought Parrot would be a far more suitable nickname than Pigeon. He even looks like a bloody parrot. Sadly, FIFA rule 17.B.42, subsection 8a stipulates that you can't have more than one Parrott in your squad.

VgoJZHB.png

Fuck me Jose you prick. One up in a friendly, still shut up shop. Do you really want to revenge fuck us that badly. Just waiting for the final whistle and to see him running down the sideline and sliding on his knees!

'twas hell. with humidity it was like 34c in the stadium, one of the hottest nights in the year. I was sweating like a hog just watching.
The match was crap. but who cares in pre-season. Bissouma and Perisic looked good. Sanchez had better days.

The matchday itself was pleasant. I was surprised with how many spurs faithful turned up. we had 2-3K behind the goal. I think the players were quite surprised and didn't get why there are spurs flags behind the goal.
I usually don't like the meetups with the local spurs supporters (part for my group of veterans) and a bit snobby dealing with them. But yesterday was ok I suppose because of the surprising amount of British Jews that turned up. The rumours of a silent immigration wave seem apt. I even saw Jewish chavs, that was a first anywhere for me.

Nearly kicked off with the Italians outside. low class pricks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom