Tottenham Hotspur v. AS Roma (I-Tech Cup) July 30, KO 19:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You’d also get teams to stop parking the bus against us if Kane was dropped instead of Son

Son/Richarlison/Kulu would be a good enough front three for us to beat inferior teams

Good thing is that we have options to try different formations

I’d be especially interested in seeing Rich lead the line as our #9 as he offers a completely different dynamic than Kane

5hmHDN.png

So you're saying we won't start Richarlison at #9 against inferior teams but you're ok with him starting at LW over Son? What is it exactly that you're accusing me of?

And regarding that image where I'm supposedly admitting to be a troll, you should know when things are said tongue in cheek. It's just like when you admitted to being a self-confessed entry level ENIC PR bot.

ipcFCSN.jpg

Last edited:
drop son for richarlison and the front 3 will be far more creative against the parked bus. starting son in these games is just so dumb, the penny still hasn't dropped it seems.
Does not take pens or free kicks but still got the golden boot and chips in with odd assist - I agree the penny hasn’t dropped yet!!

You’d also get teams to stop parking the bus against us if Kane was dropped instead of Son

Son/Richarlison/Kulu would be a good enough front three for us to beat inferior teams

I’d be especially interested in seeing Rich lead the line as our #9 as he offers a completely different dynamic than Kane
Logically speaking you park the bus against the faster player and give space behind you for the slower ones to run on to. So taking Kane off wouldnt stop them parking the bus, theyd be more worried about Son running behind them.

the reason they sit so deep is because of son not kane. son is our kryptonite when we play teams sitting deep. its painful watching us attempt it time and time again to just see the same frustrating result and performance. hes made himself undroppable because of how good he is against the better sides that have a go. if he gets injured we will see the proof in the pudding as conte will be forced to use the other forwards and i bet it breaks the walls down far far easier as there will be more intellegent coherent build up play which is needed.

its not exactly rocket science its very basic stuff. haaland will be the same for city, hes not a tight space intricate player hes an open play beast who needs space. haaland slightly different as he can become a poacher fit city but that means hes waiting for the service, son plays wide for us and we need the player in that position adding to the synergy of breaking the side down.

the reason they sit so deep is because of son not kane. son is our kryptonite when we play teams sitting deep. its painful watching us attempt it time and time again to just see the same frustrating result and performance. hes made himself undroppable because of how good he is against the better sides that have a go. if he gets injured we will see the proof in the pudding as conte will be forced to use the other forwards and i bet it breaks the walls down far far easier as there will be more intellegent coherent build up play which is needed.

its not exactly rocket science its very basic stuff. haaland will be the same for city, hes not a tight space intricate player hes an open play beast who needs space. haaland slightly different as he can become a poacher fit city but that means hes waiting for the service, son plays wide for us and we need the player in that position adding to the synergy of breaking the side down.
What you say on paper might make sense.. if you havn't actually watched the team play. There seems to be this notion that Son only scores when counter attacking (which obviously is an area he is extremely good at).. but it's simply not true at all.

Now you may say that you are not referring to goals specifically but so called link up play and synergy amongst our forwards. Well who would come in and play instead of Son? You seem to imply Richarlison would do a better job at breaking down teams and linking up with Kane & Kulu when we have seen no evidence of this so far.

Yes, Richarlison needs time.. and there is no rush. But Son is the one with the history of great link up play with our other existing forwards.. so until Richarlison stakes a claim for his starting spot.. then things will remain as they are.

What you say on paper might make sense.. if you havn't actually watched the team play. There seems to be this notion that Son only scores when counter attacking (which obviously is an area he is extremely good at).. but it's simply not true at all.
100% - I looked at the data and if you take a look at our forwards' goal contributions from last season, you'd see that Son was our most productive player against PL teams that employed a low block. I can think of Son bailing us out with a last minute goal or assist against a low block on a few occasions but not from any of our other forwards. We as a team struggled against teams that park the bus though.

100% - I looked at the data and if you take a look at our forwards' goal contributions from last season, you'd see that Son was our most productive player against PL teams that employed a low block. I can think of Son bailing us out with a last minute goal or assist against a low block on a few occasions but not from any of our other forwards. We as a team struggled against teams that park the bus though.
i watch every single game. i see the ball break down when it gets to son 99/100 when against a parked bus. if it doesnt break down he has to just play back and go safe because he just doesnt know what to do with it unless hes got an opportunity to cross or go for goal. he may get an odd goal here or there but hes going to through law of averages. that doesnt warrant him getting starts against setups where he clearly is a bit of a hindrance. son is a manufactured player you can see that, thats fucking great against sides where what hes worked on can be executed, but against the busses you need the more natural footballers, its always been the way and always will be. very very hard to break down a well drilled unit who get men behind the ball. you need 3-4 out there who can pull off some off the cuff creative moves that havent been rehearsed, all the rehearsed stuff is easily stopped by a well drilled unit.

weve seen kulu beat players in ways you wont see him do again because its all instinct off the cuff stuff, same with richalison. son beats men the same way over and over and thats great when hes isolated with just one man, when hes up against a bus hell just run into other men because once hes done his step over and beat the first man the second man is anticipating and ready.

there was a game last year i cant remember who it was, but it was against a parked bus and gil came on and the first team kept giving him the ball because he was the only one looking capable of unlocking them, that speaks volumes to me. the problem is, if you dont get the players right from the start, you allow momentum to build for the other team and it becomes even harder to break them down.

i watch every single game. i see the ball break down when it gets to son 99/100 when against a parked bus. if it doesnt break down he has to just play back and go safe because he just doesnt know what to do with it unless hes got an opportunity to cross or go for goal. he may get an odd goal here or there but hes going to through law of averages. that doesnt warrant him getting starts against setups where he clearly is a bit of a hindrance. son is a manufactured player you can see that, thats fucking great against sides where what hes worked on can be executed, but against the busses you need the more natural footballers, its always been the way and always will be. very very hard to break down a well drilled unit who get men behind the ball. you need 3-4 out there who can pull off some off the cuff creative moves that havent been rehearsed, all the rehearsed stuff is easily stopped by a well drilled unit.

weve seen kulu beat players in ways you wont see him do again because its all instinct off the cuff stuff, same with richalison. son beats men the same way over and over and thats great when hes isolated with just one man, when hes up against a bus hell just run into other men because once hes done his step over and beat the first man the second man is anticipating and ready.

there was a game last year i cant remember who it was, but it was against a parked bus and gil came on and the first team kept giving him the ball because he was the only one looking capable of unlocking them, that speaks volumes to me. the problem is, if you dont get the players right from the start, you allow momentum to build for the other team and it becomes even harder to break them down.
Let it go man. You'll never win this one. People on here are usually incapable of seeing nuanace when it comes to our best players.

All your criticisms will just be taken as shitting on Son and nothing more.

Back
Top Bottom