Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hello everyone

We're currently in the process of researching a film we plan to make about Tottenham Boys We Are Here.

We're looking for people to speak to who own a copy (ideally an original), and anyone who might have appeared in the book.

I
Hello everyone

We're currently in the process of researching a film we plan to make about Tottenham Boys We Are Here.

We're looking for people to speak to who own a copy (ideally an original), and anyone who might have appeared in the book.

I realise this is a long shot as there was only a small run on the first version, and it was published 40 years ago.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Flav
I’m in the book up in the directors box .. I have a copy of the book but not original

Hello everyone

I realise this is a long shot as there was only a small run on the first version, and it was published 40 years ago.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Flav
I’m in the book up in the directors box as a 14 year old I remember that day like it was yesterday .. I was heart broken .. we had just been relegated .. but as burkinshaw said when he spoke to us fans .. we will return .. and we did TTID. COYS

Last edited:
8zZc3ZP.jpg

Not sure if this has been put up before. Great photo though
Sorry about the quality,but it was a small photo on my phone nicked off Instagram

Last edited:
Anyone remember New Street station after the FA Cup semi at Villa Park I think it was 1982 when the Bears lot ambushed us as we came off of the footbridge? Woolwich were at West Brom , Old bill protected them from getting slaughtered after the surprise attack where they slashed some Spurs and stuck them in the first 2 carriages of our train back to Euston. When we pulled onto Euston them and the OB ran for their lives jumping off a moving train as hundreds of tooled up Spurs chased them both out of Euston under a volley of milk bottles from the milk train being loaded on the platform , we chased the Gooners main mob all the way to Finsbury Park where we battered them. Best Spurs firms I saw was Millwall away 77 took it to them that day, after was mental, two game mobs spurs never took a back step, West Ham away 80 took it to them all night inside and outside the ground my West Ham mates even admitted we done them that night , Chelsea away FA cup 82 ran their main lot all over the place before at World's End, Feyenord away 83 battered them in the seats and outside after, coming back was like Dunkirk on those dark cold ferries, wounded everywhere. And for me Stoke away was memorable late 70s after on way back to station in the cemetery then outside the police station by the station , the row spread into the police station, OB lost control it was Carnage mental days. And Old Trafford when we went in the scoreboard padfock to get the Cockney reds year after the escalator incident at Seven Sisters in 81? They shit themselves and ran to the OB who moved us out KR had 50 coaches that day and we were mobbed up on the train too, gave he Mancs a run around all day. Great thread btw. I also remember getting TBWAH when it first came out. I could go on and write all day about them days. Not glorifying it but it was part of the day out back then and a lot of fun as a teenager.

Anyone remember New Street station after the FA Cup semi at Villa Park I think it was 1982 when the Bears lot ambushed us as we came off of the footbridge? Woolwich were at West Brom , Old bill protected them from getting slaughtered after the surprise attack where they slashed some Spurs and stuck them in the first 2 carriages of our train back to Euston. When we pulled onto Euston them and the OB ran for their lives jumping off a moving train as hundreds of tooled up Spurs chased them both out of Euston under a volley of milk bottles from the milk train being loaded on the platform , we chased the Gooners main mob all the way to Finsbury Park where we battered them. Best Spurs firms I saw was Millwall away 77 took it to them that day, after was mental, two game mobs spurs never took a back step, West Ham away 80 took it to them all night inside and outside the ground my West Ham mates even admitted we done them that night , Chelsea away FA cup 82 ran their main lot all over the place before at World's End, Feyenord away 83 battered them in the seats and outside after, coming back was like Dunkirk on those dark cold ferries, wounded everywhere. And for me Stoke away was memorable late 70s after on way back to station in the cemetery then outside the police station by the station , the row spread into the police station, OB lost control it was Carnage mental days. And Old Trafford when we went in the scoreboard padfock to get the Cockney reds year after the escalator incident at Seven Sisters in 81? They shit themselves and ran to the OB who moved us out KR had 50 coaches that day and we were mobbed up on the train too, gave he Mancs a run around all day. Great thread btw. I also remember getting TBWAH when it first came out. I could go on and write all day about them days. Not glorifying it but it was part of the day out back then and a lot of fun as a teenager.

I was at quite a few (not all) of those matches.

It is difficult for people who weren't around at the time to understand the mindset.

It was almost a case of 'we are coming on to your manor and we are going to take liberties......what are you going to do about it?'

Hard to explain.

It is difficult for people who weren't around at the time to understand the mindset.

It was almost a case of 'we are coming on to your manor and we are going to take liberties......what are you going to do about it?'

Hard to explain.

I'm not sure if that mind set ever really leaves you.

Just lying dormant I suspect.

lets face it when you get to our age chancers are a 20 something who knows his stuff won't have to much of a problem putting us on our arses, even though we still think we can give a spanking to any wanna be boot boys

Anyone remember New Street station after the FA Cup semi at Villa Park I think it was 1982 when the Bears lot ambushed us as we came off of the footbridge? Woolwich were at West Brom , Old bill protected them from getting slaughtered after the surprise attack where they slashed some Spurs and stuck them in the first 2 carriages of our train back to Euston. When we pulled onto Euston them and the OB ran for their lives jumping off a moving train as hundreds of tooled up Spurs chased them both out of Euston under a volley of milk bottles from the milk train being loaded on the platform , we chased the Gooners main mob all the way to Finsbury Park where we battered them. Best Spurs firms I saw was Millwall away 77 took it to them that day, after was mental, two game mobs spurs never took a back step, West Ham away 80 took it to them all night inside and outside the ground my West Ham mates even admitted we done them that night , Chelsea away FA cup 82 ran their main lot all over the place before at World's End, Feyenord away 83 battered them in the seats and outside after, coming back was like Dunkirk on those dark cold ferries, wounded everywhere. And for me Stoke away was memorable late 70s after on way back to station in the cemetery then outside the police station by the station , the row spread into the police station, OB lost control it was Carnage mental days. And Old Trafford when we went in the scoreboard paddock to get the Cockney reds year after the escalator incident at Seven Sisters in 81? They shit themselves and ran to the OB who moved us out KR had 50 coaches that day and we were mobbed up on the train too, gave the Mancs a run around all day. Great thread btw. I also remember getting TBWAH when it first came out. I could go on and write all day about them days. Not glorifying it but it was part of the day out back then and a lot of fun as a teenager

Hard to explain

In a nutshell it was a different time and era mate, it was well gloomy back then, a very angry and violent time in England for working class people. we lived on depressing run down council estates which were nasty violent shitholes, there wasn't a whole lot of hope. it was a symptom of the age we lived in and football as a working class sport was our chance to vent and be part of something.

it was tribal war really, away you had to go prepared to fight and put the fear into them first and see them off or most likely come unstuck and, get done as everyone on their manor we were invading that day was out for us, football fans or not. Every town that had a football team also had a bunch of geezers out for you that was protecting their manor and, wanted to see you off and hurt you from the minute you arrived until you went home. You could get seriously injured or killed back then at football, chivved, slashed up, glassed or a steel toe cap DM or a brick in your head or 50 blokes kicking the shit out of you wasn't very nice. we ve all had a walloping somewhere so it was let's try and have them before they have us IMO, and it was best to be mobbed up for that reason and try to do them first.

Plus off the pitch rivalries just intensified over seasons of fighting, like if you got a kicking somewhere next time they come to the Lane then their getting done or when we go back to their place were gonna destroy them and their manor because of that and it just builds, like with Liverpool thats one that got well out of hand IMO from the 70s at Anfield to the FA cup at ours 80 and then the car park after at Wembley 82? It was a bloodbath, also with West Ham over the years it just got really evil and went far beyond football, home visits, gangland threats , serious use of tools, East Ham etc ( I always believed the real war was with them over Woolwich and Chelsea, they were the real rival to me and then Man U). And then at home, same as, your not letting mobs come on your manor and take liberties either your going to defend it and try to see them off sharpish.

Back then football was a tough working class game and culture for working class people and that's where we got our weekly working class frustrations out, it was our stage to perform, and our culture and the powers up top didn't care about football then it was let them fight each other better them than us.

It's a different age and era now, football is a money game for the rich, it's business, plus young people have more options and things to do and have more money, they will never understand as you say, like bunking the train to away games, then bunking in the ground etc steaming their end , back then we had football and music as escape options and that was it. Though none of these kids today will ever experience that rush we had. And we will never see anything like that again. The comradery , huge mobs, piss ups, running from the plod, getting a kicking, mass tear ups all over the place, your mates, you got to run wild on the terraces and in the streets for a day, the adrenaline rush still today can't be matched, then the actual game itself because we did support our team, the songs and the atmosphere, the end of day stories back in the pub (if you made it back and weren't nicked or in hospital) , good or bad, it was epic and we wasn't always victorious anyone who got in rows has come unstuck but still we went back every game to do it all again .

And i still think about those days now as pretty much they still stand as some of the best days of my life. I'm certainly glad I experienced it when it was at it's hayday late 70s early to mid 80s. Your right it never leaves you but i'm too old, wiser, moved on and stopped around 84 too many nickings and But given a time machine I would go back.

And yes someone needs to make that movie about Tottenham Boys, sick of corny arse ICF crap fantasy movies zzzzzzz. You could do an epic movie just on Ks coach lot and their adventures let alone us lot on the train to away games. Sorry for long post lot to cover

Excellent post mate. Sums the times and goings on pretty accurately I would say.

As for the film, I think the problem is that unlike lots of other firms, our top boys/top table of the 70s and 80s don't have any interest I writing books/appearing on camera to talk about it.

Some fellas talked the talk, our lot walked the walk.

R.i.p kev ( the bear too !,)..most of the above i was party too ...i will say ! .if we had a couple minutes more and that fence would have gone down at millwall and fv would have taken a slightly different turn in london i believe....that was our time.. never seen a spurs mob so intent like at the blind beggar !.. and your right..not a backward step ever that night...sloane square and world ends with another mob coming down the embankment was the biggest by far imho..

Last edited:
R.i.p kev ( the bear too !,)..most of the above i was party too ...i will say ! .if we had a couple minutes more and that fence would have gone down at millwall and fv would have taken a slightly different turn in london i believe....that was our time.. never seen a spurs mob so intent like at the blind beggar !.. and your right..not a backward step ever that night...sloane square and world ends with another mob coming down the embankment was the biggest by far imho..

Mate if that fence had come down at the Den the outcome would have would be the stuff of legend to this day.

Back
Top Bottom