Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You know when you say 30 years ago, you are talking about the late 80s early nineties right? Ha
There were certainly Spurs at Brisbane Road for the O's game against Southampton in '78. It was the evening before our game against Hull - and some of us went over there hoping the home team could do us a favour.

My dad always tells me about wolves away. Complete dump round there (apparently) so not surprising it's abit moody.

Woolwich have always been rated as the best dressed back in the day.
First went to Molineux in '79 for a night game - when we lost 3-2. Let in two late goals. Always thought that place had great character, and glad that I managed to visit it before the side stand with the gables was pulled down. Stood on the South Bank a good few times. That was one huge terrace.

Derby away was always lively. I remember the train pulling in to be met by loads of Midland and Northern Spurs and being marched to the ground like a huge army. You really felt that you had taken over the town. Inside, I recall Spurs having a right go in the home end and one lad being taken out by stretcher to huge roars of approval. After was a different matter as they would mob up and the walk back to the station was always fun and games. Anyone here go to the 8-2 / the wheels came off that day for sure.
First went there for the 2-2 in '78 - when the Tommy Doc/Mary Brown songs were being sung.

Funnily enough i remember the swindon home game ..simply because swindons mob got in the ground early in the bottom tier of the shelf and attempted to hold it..a big half cast lad with a massive affro ( mixed race for you younguns) leading them.. only lasted a few minutes but fair play to them.
Must have been Chris Kamara, doing his pre/match warm up.

A few paper cuttings a mate sent me and a photo i found on the interweb.
1_zpsuhn38kxh.jpg

9_zps8e4yl1l9.jpg

8_zpssaxwxvi9.jpg

5_zps4n5vdth4.jpg

2_zpsfti1vk28.jpg
7_zpsrrsdelt4.jpg
3_zpsakiej7vi.jpg
FB_IMG_1557838783990_zpskaplajij.jpg

Hopefully this loads. It's the spurs mob(or mainly spurs) from Bethnal Green who were featured in a book "the Paint House" written in 1968 when they were skinheads. The fella with bins was well known over the lane,Sadly ill these days so I have heard.
This documentary came out when the book was released in 1972. They are 22/23 in this clip. People looked a lot older back then in film and photos
Might be of interest to Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Hopefully this loads. It's the spurs mob(or mainly spurs) from Bethnal Green who were featured in a book "the Paint House" written in 1968 when they were skinheads. The fella with bins was well known over the lane,Sadly ill these days so I have heard.
This documentary came out when the book was released in 1972. They are 22/23 in this clip. People looked a lot older back then in film and photos
Might be of interest to Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Looks like my wedding video

Got a link to that video mate?

Back
Top Bottom