Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Went to Forest away in 1970 where we won 1-0 with a late goal from Chivers
Bedlam by the Trent and the bridge afterwards
Before the game we arrived and noticed that one of the gates to the Trent End was unlocked so we all piled in before the ground had officially opened

Took OB nearly an hour to clear us out

Rings bells with me .

Not sure of the year though.

I do remember being shifted from the Trent End over to the side enclosure.

I also remember one of our Top boys Hoppo sitting on a crush barrier after the rest of us had been moved still taunting the forest mob.

When he finally got moved he was asked what he had said to their top boy who had fronted him and he replied " I asked him if he was so tough how come he had no teeth"

Did people get bird for it back then?

I got lot lifted a couple of times. Had my name and address taken (obviously gave them false details).

All we had on us was cash. No cards, no phone, no driving license etc.

Got ejected many times.

Never happened to me but I know a few fellas who, when they got lifted, were asked 'do you want a nicking or a kicking'. If you got nicked your old man would likely give you a kicking anyway so they generally took the kicking and avoided the nicking.

I got lot lifted a couple of times. Had my name and address taken (obviously gave them false details).

Got ejected many times.

Never happened to me but I know a few fellas who, when they got lifted, were asked 'do you want a nicking or a kicking'. If you got nicked your old man would likely give you a kicking anyway so they generally took the kicking and avoided the nicking.
First got ejected at highbury !..went round to avenell road turnstyles and paid to get in again.

Two years later got hit in the chest with a sharpened coin in the northbank. (Pretty minor but had a,white t shirt on so it looked like claret was pumping out ) got led out by st johns and cleaned up.. ran round to blackstock road bought a shirt in the mans shop and paid to get back in again..then smashed up the bank of friendship on highbury hill after the game and ripped me new shirt 😄😄

Last edited:

Got ejected many times.

Policing football was different then ..if you got nicked you expected a kicking..more off an occupational hazard !.

First got ejected at highbury !..went round to avenell road turnstyles and paid to get in again.

Two years later got hit in the chest with a sharpened coin in the northbank. (Pretty minor but had a,white t shirt on so it looked like claret was pumping out ) got led out by st johns and cleaned up.. ran round to blackhorse road bought a shirt in the mans shop and paid to get back in again..then smashed up the bank of friendship on highbury hill after the game and ripped me new shirt 😄😄

I did that at Birmingham at home. Got ejected, paid to get back in,got ejected again 15 mins from the end, waited for the gates to open 5 mins later and walked back in again.

Rings bells with me .

Not sure of the year though.

I do remember being shifted from the Trent End over to the side enclosure.

I also remember one of our Top boys Hoppo sitting on a crush barrier after the rest of us had been moved still taunting the forest mob.

When he finally got moved he was asked what he had said to their top boy who had fronted him and he replied " I asked him if he was so tough how come he had no teeth"

That’s exactly the game and we all ended up on the terracing under the main stand down the side

When Chivers scored their Trent End emptied and we went out to meet them to exchange pleasantries

Can't remember the year 70's, we went to Derby when there was a train strike on. Not many Spurs turned up at St. Pancras, but found out there was only 1 train going out which stopped at Derby so we all got it. We did a count of how many Spurs were on the train and counted about 40 of us.
When we got there met up with Midland Spurs and went to the ground. After the game I reckon we had had about 100 -130 of us outside, so Derby thought they'd run us. Wrong, everyone of us just stood there waiting for them as they got closer they realised we weren't moving.
Then we just charged them, running them everywhere, po,ice finally turned up and marched us back to the station and stopping a train to take us back to London.
We had such a small mob that day, but kicked the shit out of them.

Before the game we arrived and noticed that one of the gates to the Trent End was unlocked so we all piled in before the ground had officially opened

Think that was our only away win that season. Was on the green by the bridge after with carnage all around, slipped over and watched a police horse getting bigger and bigger until a hand grabbed me by the collar and pulled me out of the way. :pochfacepalm:

Think that was our only away win that season. Was on the green by the bridge after with carnage all around, slipped over and watched a police horse getting bigger and bigger until a hand grabbed me by the collar and pulled me out of the way. :pochfacepalm:

Me too!!

I messed up my new Crombie!

I remember Sammy being the leader of the Spurs, a big black fella, does that ring a bell?

I remember Sammy being the leader of the Spurs, a big black fella, does that ring a bell?

There were a few you wouldn’t argue with but there was this hippie type guy in an Afghan who wanted to ambush the Forest fans as they entered our part of the ground but we ignored him and ran outside for a frank exchange of views

Think Wall never got over us going down there in 77 like we did , as not many ventured there at that time and wanted it, only us and the lot from the east gave them a row at theirs. they were wearing rose tinted glasses believing the Panarama hype that 12 F Troop done 1k Spurs at Charlton. when in fact they got battered and it was mainly Charlton trying to take their end back who were fighting us and throwing concrete at us.

Had that fence came down at CBL it would have been a warzone. There was a few big rows after the game and I d say we took it to them and gave them as good as we got. The OB split us up into 2 groups after to try to manage us, had we all been together we would have had them on their toes at the OKR though we did alright certainly let them know we were up for it we fought like fuck steaming into them.

OB took the other Spurs mob a different way to New Cross where they ran a Wall mob to Peckham where they finally stood and a massive missile fight took place, bricks concrete etc. We also ran Wall through the flats. Never saw them before and we was on their manor en masse at London bridge with leaflets telling them it weren't like they didn't know ?

Return game at WHL was a non event they didn't even try, we ran their F Troop lot before the game on the High Rd, then they ran us back, then another mob of Spurs came up behind them, we surrounded them and then OB showed up and put them in the ground. Few little offs by the WHL station and at the British Queen and Corner Pin but fuck all really thought they were very disappointing. Bit like Chelsea in 78 did fuck all. Birmingham brought a much better mob than both FA Cup around the same time and more up for it.

Saw Forest away 78 was mentioned, what a mob that was, untouchable that day. But anyone go a few years later when we got in their Trent end and it went tits up and we literally got over ran and CS gassed? Think they got their revenge that day.
Not sure if this was the same game, but round about the same time, was also in the trent end and and a few might have got done, but me and my mates were with some of KR's lot who stayed in their end and held our own and rucked them, stayed in there the whole game.

Anyone remember New Street station after the FA Cup semi at Villa Park I think it was 1982 when the Bears lot ambushed us as we came off of the footbridge? Woolwich were at West Brom , Old bill protected them from getting slaughtered after the surprise attack where they slashed some Spurs and stuck them in the first 2 carriages of our train back to Euston. When we pulled onto Euston them and the OB ran for their lives jumping off a moving train as hundreds of tooled up Spurs chased them both out of Euston under a volley of milk bottles from the milk train being loaded on the platform , we chased the Gooners main mob all the way to Finsbury Park where we battered them. Best Spurs firms I saw was Millwall away 77 took it to them that day, after was mental, two game mobs spurs never took a back step, West Ham away 80 took it to them all night inside and outside the ground my West Ham mates even admitted we done them that night , Chelsea away FA cup 82 ran their main lot all over the place before at World's End, Feyenord away 83 battered them in the seats and outside after, coming back was like Dunkirk on those dark cold ferries, wounded everywhere. And for me Stoke away was memorable late 70s after on way back to station in the cemetery then outside the police station by the station , the row spread into the police station, OB lost control it was Carnage mental days. And Old Trafford when we went in the scoreboard padfock to get the Cockney reds year after the escalator incident at Seven Sisters in 81? They shit themselves and ran to the OB who moved us out KR had 50 coaches that day and we were mobbed up on the train too, gave he Mancs a run around all day. Great thread btw. I also remember getting TBWAH when it first came out. I could go on and write all day about them days. Not glorifying it but it was part of the day out back then and a lot of fun as a teenager.
Totally true about all these games, was at all of them myself

Back
Top Bottom