Tottenham Boys - We Are Here

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hopefully this loads. It's the spurs mob(or mainly spurs) from Bethnal Green who were featured in a book "the Paint House" written in 1968 when they were skinheads. The fella with bins was well known over the lane,Sadly ill these days so I have heard.
This documentary came out when the book was released in 1972. They are 22/23 in this clip. People looked a lot older back then in film and photos
Might be of interest to Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Thanks for that, I was only 12 in 1968 and wouldn't go to my first game until the year after, but I did live in Bethnal Green then. Don't recognise individuals or where they were speaking, but I certainly recognise the fashion and haircuts!!

What do you mean?
I mean that my son was so scared by the homophobic, racist threat of violence at his first game (QPR in the family stand ) that it took a couple of months to get him to want to kick a ball again.

I'm not saying that it should ever be sanitised (God forbid!) but unless we can attend the game we love in a more inclusive atmosphere then I'll sit in my armchair and talk meaningless shite on boards like this.

Thanks for that, I was only 12 in 1968 and wouldn't go to my first game until the year after, but I did live in Bethnal Green then. Don't recognise individuals or where they were speaking, but I certainly recognise the fashion and haircuts!!
It's the Collingwood estate. That's where they were all living in book anyway,so presume it's there. The fella in glasses RP,still lives in the area I believe. Sadly he is ill,or so I have been told.

I mean that my son was so scared by the homophobic, racist threat of violence at his first game (QPR in the family stand ) that it took a couple of months to get him to want to kick a ball again.

I'm not saying that it should ever be sanitised (God forbid!) but unless we can attend the game we love in a more inclusive atmosphere then I'll sit in my armchair and talk meaningless shite on boards like this.

Wow. I’ve been going since I was about 7 (1997) and have never had it that bad. Rowdy, loud and plenty of bad language but not to the degree you’ve just said. I don’t disbelieve you by the way but Id be amazed if you experience any of the above in the ground now. Particularly if you are not by the away fans.

The answer to all of this is still right people in the right places. It’s going to take time and safe standing would be a huge improvement.

Hopefully this loads. It's the spurs mob(or mainly spurs) from Bethnal Green who were featured in a book "the Paint House" written in 1968 when they were skinheads. The fella with bins was well known over the lane,Sadly ill these days so I have heard.
This documentary came out when the book was released in 1972. They are 22/23 in this clip. People looked a lot older back then in film and photos
Might be of interest to Nutter-Naylor Nutter-Naylor and Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman

Enjoyed that.

Certain the Blond haired boy in that with the girlfriend was billy walsh ..'walshie '.. good mate of my eldest brother

Hello everyone

We're currently in the process of researching a film we plan to make about Tottenham Boys We Are Here.

We're looking for people to speak to who own a copy (ideally an original), and anyone who might have appeared in the book.

I realise this is a long shot as there was only a small run on the first version, and it was published 40 years ago.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Flav
[/QUOTE

I have a book but not original .. and I am in the book up in the directors box COYS

Back
Top Bottom