Time to React – StubHub Statement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Most of the tickets on there aren't serious listings IMO, just people willing to forego one game if someone is crazy enough to pay hundreds of pounds for a ticket.

I expect the club will help stop this soon by introducing a £5 sellers fee..... :levyeyes:

You'd hope not, but worse is the thought that a Season Ticket Holder would try to use other people's money to cover the lion's share of their season ticket, it's totally missing the point isn't it?

You'd hope not, but worse is the thought that a Season Ticket Holder would try to use other people's money to cover the lion's share of their season ticket, it's totally missing the point isn't it?

But again is it any worse than the club having different category matches? - We were one of the pioneers of that I think when we bumped up prices in 84 for the european games.

Look at the price they charge for "executive trips" to Woolwich, trips that are available to anyone and that deprive people just below the cut off point that would otherwise have got a ticket.

The issue here isn't with the fans selling tickets its with whoever agreed to this idiotic deal in the first place. :levylol:

3 points from me on this:
1/ I think it's legalised touting and the club have let themselves down.
2/ High prices WILL be paid by some - If I could profit in business from by buying tickets and taking a customer to a match I would (but I'm a proper supporter who prefers pub / mates / match).
3/ I Bought 3 tickets for the Norwich game for £10 BELOW face value (I couldn't go, gave my season tickets to a friend and then could go). I think some good people will only put them on for what they think they should be sold for (i.e. minimal or no profit).

I sold 1 adult and 1 junior for the first home game of the season as I wasn't able to go. List price for the two tickets in Paxton was £63. My fees were £7.56 (12%) and the buyers fees were £9.46 (15%)

This is a screen grab from the actual transaction:
StubHub_zpsfc954a7a.jpg

In other words for a pair of tickets valued at £63, some poor soul paid £72.46

I sucked up my own fees but I am fucked if I am going to suck up the buyers fees too cos I'm not a fucking charity. So in the end we were both ripped off by StubHub
I also had the Paypal fees on top of this, can't remember the exact percentage, in any case they would vary depending on whether you subsequently transfer out of your Paypal account or if you spend the money directly from the Paypal account which IIRC will result in no fee.

Blaming the ST holders who sell at face value for StubHub ripping off the buyer is missing the point.
I hate StubHub but what choice do I have? There is no alternative for ST holders unless you want to risk losing the whole ST by letting a mate go on your ticket or lose the ticket price entirely and leave the seat empty. Please stop laying into people who are only trying to break even.

I sold 1 adult and 1 junior for the first home game of the season as I wasn't able to go. List price for the two tickets in Paxton was £63. My fees were £7.56 (12%) and the buyers fees were £9.46 (15%)

This is a screen grab from the actual transaction:
StubHub_zpsfc954a7a.jpg

In other words for a pair of tickets valued at £63, some poor soul paid £72.46

I sucked up my own fees but I am fucked if I am going to suck up the buyers fees too cos I'm not a fucking charity. So in the end we were both ripped off by StubHub
I also had the Paypal fees on top of this, can't remember the exact percentage, in any case they would vary depending on whether you subsequently transfer out of your Paypal account or if you spend the money directly from the Paypal account which IIRC will result in no fee.

Blaming the ST holders who sell at face value for StubHub ripping off the buyer is missing the point.
I hate StubHub but what choice do I have? There is no alternative for ST holders unless you want to risk losing the whole ST by letting a mate go on your ticket or lose the ticket price entirely and leave the seat empty. Please stop laying into people who are only trying to break even.

The other rip off is BOTH StubHub and Paypall are eBay companies!! They are earning twice out the same transaction!

They netted £17.02 from me for maintaining a website and printing out two tickets. They certainly fucked up the website, and by all accounts the ticket printing was a dogs dinner....

The thing i don't understand about this is:

The 208 tickets on sale for CFC, are these genuine people who cant attend or just chancers? Come 12:45 will these seats be empty or will the individuals who failed to sell there seat for 300 quid go anyway?

If they genuinely cant go, then Spurs will face throughout the season the prospect of having empty seats scattered across the ground, surely this isn't in their best interest?

Prices will drop the morning of the game. People* will also be around the ground keeping an eye on prices if there are lots on there going down in price. *touts

The thing i don't understand about this is:

The 208 tickets on sale for CFC, are these genuine people who cant attend or just chancers? Come 12:45 will these seats be empty or will the individuals who failed to sell there seat for 300 quid go anyway?

If they genuinely cant go, then Spurs will face throughout the season the prospect of having empty seats scattered across the ground, surely this isn't in their best interest?
They are only "listed" so if they don't sell you can still go to the game, so its just people chancing their arm. you can buy "Hospitality" packages direct from Spurs for any game home or away including cup finals no loyalty points or membership required. Prices go from 225 to 445 you get a meal a meet a legend so why would anyone pay Stubhub 300 for just a ticket?
http://www.eventmasters.co.uk/footb...rporate-hospitality/vip-tickets-packages.html

Just got in to work today and had a conversation with a season ticket holder which basically sums up another issue people are not considering.

He knew a while back he could not go to the Chelsea game and offered me his tickets for face value but I couldn't go either as I had other commitments unfortunately (and I'm broke :gomes:). He ended up selling the ticket on StubHub for face value so he took a bit of a loss due to the fees etc, but here is the kicker.

He went on StubHub on Wednesday last week and found that his two tickets that he had sold for face value, were now on sale on StubHub for £200 a pop!!! So basically some utter **** tout was actually operating on StubHub. How he was allowed to resell the tickets despite not being the season ticket holder I will never know, but thankfully this guy has written a letter to the club to complain. Unfortunately, I can guess the reaction it will get when it's read.....:levylol:

That's a fucking disgrace. It will make more people want to sell their tickets at a rip off price as there's the chance some cunt could buy them off you and make a profit

Just got in to work today and had a conversation with a season ticket holder which basically sums up another issue people are not considering.

He knew a while back he could not go to the Chelsea game and offered me his tickets for face value but I couldn't go either as I had other commitments unfortunately (and I'm broke :gomes:). He ended up selling the ticket on StubHub for face value so he took a bit of a loss due to the fees etc, but here is the kicker.

He went on StubHub on Wednesday last week and found that his two tickets that he had sold for face value, were now on sale on StubHub for £200 a pop!!! So basically some utter **** tout was actually operating on StubHub. How he was allowed to resell the tickets despite not being the season ticket holder I will never know, but thankfully this guy has written a letter to the club to complain. Unfortunately, I can guess the reaction it will get when it's read.....:levylol:
I don't get how that could happen, but it's a disgrace. Someone or something has fucked up there.

The guy is in meetings all day today so I will try and get some more info later but from what I gather he sold them on StubHub a few weeks ago, and then when he looked last week he saw that his seats were up for sale again for 3/4 times more than what he sold them for which he said was over £200.

I can't see him meeting up with someone to hand the ticket over in person, so I imagine it went through the club or via post. Whether this person then put them on StubHub immediately I don't know and I don't think this guy does either but he said he wrote a letter to the club asking for an explanation and to tell them it was unacceptable. So hopefully the club will come back with an answer soon...

Back
Top Bottom