Time to React – StubHub Statement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The guy is in meetings all day today so I will try and get some more info later but from what I gather he sold them on StubHub a few weeks ago, and then when he looked last week he saw that his seats were up for sale again for 3/4 times more than what he sold them for which he said was over £200.

I can't see him meeting up with someone to hand the ticket over in person, so I imagine it went through the club or via post. Whether this person then put them on StubHub immediately I don't know and I don't think this guy does either but he said he wrote a letter to the club asking for an explanation and to tell them it was unacceptable. So hopefully the club will come back with an answer soon...

See if he can get some proof. Doesn't need his name on it, but press is interested and this could make a bit of difference to the campaign.

Fuck that.

I know that and you know that. Just makes me laugh that some folks on here change their mind when it directly affects them personally.

The market is a good servant but we shouldn't be slaves to it. This highlights that.

I would be interested to see if media outlets or even the FA know exactly how much the system is being flouted by blatant touts.

I guess that's the point of all this. Try and raise awareness so everyone knows how bad it can be

On Saturday I thought maybe I was imagining the number of touts along the High Road had increased this season compared to Chelskum in previous years, now I can see why that is and where they get their tickets.

Thought exactly the same myself.

From the Bricklayers to the ground, it was relentless. Absolutely shit loads of them.

Cunts.

We have two upcoming opportunities to make ourselves heard on this issue: the 1882 matches against Sheriff and Hull. We had a couple of anti-Stubhub chants for a minute or two against Espanyol; let's up it a notch or three!

Back
Top Bottom