Time to React – StubHub Statement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It shouldnt be possible in theory, as the only people allowed to list are ST holders, and only their own seats. How does your friend know unequivocally that they are his seats being re-listed, and not two seats in the same block? AFAIK the seat numbers are not listed on the site.
Anyway despite that you have a point, there is an opportunity here if you are a ST holder of dubious moral standing and you see face-value seats on Stub Hub for Cat A matches: Buy those ones then sell your own at a profit.

He said that they were for the same seat numbers, so I assume he must have checked somehow.
I cannot believe the option to re-sell tickets is so simple as a matter of clicks from your account page. I'm assuming that this will of course not be limited to the price at which the tickets were bought. StubHub must be laughing all the way to the bank. Payment for the first sale, then another payment for the second sale at an even higher price.

Just when you think it can't get any worse, it does!

Also, I just went on there and checked and once you select a stand for the match, it shows you the choice of tickets available and details the row. Once you then click on the buy option it says exactly what the ticket number is so I suspect this is how he found out they were his seats.

Thanks. Trust did confirm (as per the link in this thread) that flipping tickets is possible. Apparently Spurs it would be a rare occurrence.

So anyone with a little cash-flow can artificially inflate the prices of all spare tickets in the ground if they want to?

A more cynical person could ponder if Stubhub employees are encouraged to do this.......

So anyone with a little cash-flow can artificially inflate the prices of all spare tickets in the ground if they want to?

A more cynical person could ponder if Stubhub employees are encouraged to do this.......
On the right track, perhaps higher than employees

So if I couldn't make a game and was selling on Stubhub, I might as well make some money on my ticker as some prick could buy mine for face value and sell for a profit

Seriously then, what is the point of selling at face value if the average price they actually sell at is higher? Genuine fans have little or no chance of getting tickets for Category A matches. This is seriously fucked up.
On Saturday I thought maybe I was imagining the number of touts along the High Road had increased this season compared to Chelskum in previous years, now I can see why that is and where they get their tickets.

Fucks sake, Tottenham. Get out of StubHub now!

The club aren't going to end their relationship with Stubhub unless there is a pretty large scale protest about it, how that potentially happens I dont know.

The club aren't going to end their relationship with Stubhub unless there is a pretty large scale protest about it, how that potentially happens I dont know.

The man who wanted to move us to Stratford couldn't care less.

The only way to get him to notice is to hit him in the pocket and that is impossible.

Spurs may not end their partnership but if it makes fans of other clubs stand up and take notice, and avoid anyone else doing it, then this movement won't have been in vain. Hopefully, Spurs may consult the fans when making any more decisions like this in future, hopefully.

Back
Top Bottom