Time to React – StubHub Statement

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't know how much you lot think the tickets are going for, but I put up my boys ticket (Good view junction of West stand/Paxton rd) got £75 after commission for the Chelsea game so £20 over face value. there are loads of tickets listed at stupid prices, but none of them have actually been sold. theboyhotspur site is claiming Chelsea tickets are going £1000+ so I put my row 1 Park Lane ticket up at £150 to test this out........ No takers..... put up Hull fixture at face value..... no takers yet.... WHU at £70.... no takers yet...Look like people are looking at the listed price and getting a bit hysterical lol.

I don't know how much you lot think the tickets are going for, but I put up my boys ticket (Good view junction of West stand/Paxton rd) got £75 after commission for the Chelsea game so £20 over face value. there are loads of tickets listed at stupid prices, but none of them have actually been sold. theboyhotspur site is claiming Chelsea tickets are going £1000+ so I put my row 1 Park Lane ticket up at £150 to test this out........ No takers..... put up Hull fixture at face value..... no takers yet.... WHU at £70.... no takers yet...Look like people are looking at the listed price and getting a bit hysterical lol.

So how much did it sell for including commission?

£20 profit on it at face value still equals a profit.

Don't you see this is the whole complaint?? :avbfacepalm:

On ticket exchange it just would have been face value

Signed. Absolutely despise the whole system. The very idea of ST holders cashing-in by selling their tickets at exorbitant prices to any old fucker completlely sickens me.

Oh, by the way, have got a spare ticket for Chelsea (£54 = face-value!!) in the South Upper. If interested drop me a message.

You got £75 back AFTER commission?

Out of interest, how much did you list it for?

Selling above face value for any ticket, even a FA Cup Final is abhorrent. I wouldn't even be comfortable in listing above FV to get my money back.

Listed @89 face value 55, Hope to get my money back for WHU & £10/15 loss on the Hull game. We used to get 80% of face value from the club which I offset against the following years ST which I could live with. Oh and Paypal have just charged me another 5 in fees, so 20 net hardly the 100 times face value being reported by all and sundry.

So how much did it sell for including commission?

£20 profit on it at face value still equals a profit.

Don't you see this is the whole complaint?? :avbfacepalm:

On ticket exchange it just would have been face value
If I thought the people buying my tickets would get behind the lads and actually support them would take them in with me at face value rounded down, but since we have had a little bit of success the newbies seem more interested in their fucking iphones than getting behind the team. The atmosphere in the PL Lower has been shit the last 2/3 seasons, Paxton is even worse. Haven't heard a Park Lane/Paxton chant since BMJ days.

Listed @89 face value 55, Hope to get my money back for WHU & £10/15 loss on the Hull game. We used to get 80% of face value from the club which I offset against the following years ST which I could live with. Oh and Paypal have just charged me another 5 in fees, so 20 net hardly the 100 times face value being reported by all and sundry.

£1000 is extreme end of the scale. Club so far haven't given the Trust the data they promised, despite repeated requests. So you can assume the prices are consistently selling above face value.

Would you be happy if your season ticket went up by £20 a game? And then again the season after that. And again, until you can't afford it or are forced to sell every ticket just keep the fucking thing and maybe go to the Woolwich game?

This deal is the thin end of a wedge made of shit.

If I thought the people buying my tickets would get behind the lads and actually support them would take them in with me at face value rounded down, but since we have had a little bit of success the newbies seem more interested in their fucking iphones than getting behind the team. The atmosphere in the PL Lower has been shit the last 2/3 seasons, Paxton is even worse. Haven't heard a Park Lane/Paxton chant since BMJ days.

Thanks for replying.

Only think this is ultimately going to lead to more tourists who can /will pay £90 to watch a London derby.

Time to start printing up those songsheets.......

Like we got for Barca Nextgen:troll:

£1000 is extreme end of the scale. Club so far haven't given the Trust the data they promised, despite repeated requests. So you can assume the prices are consistently selling above face value.

Would you be happy if your season ticket went up by £20 a game? And then again the season after that. And again, until you can't afford it or are forced to sell every ticket just keep the fucking thing and maybe go to the Woolwich game?

Well said

Its the other way round, I am currently unemployed and hoping to sell the cat a or glamour games so I can go to the cat b & c games. Also my ST has gone up every year for the past 30 years most of which were shit and suprise suprise you could buy a ticket anywhere in the ground and we often played in half empty stadiums where the fuck were these "Supporters" then?.. All my mates have long been priced out of the game several seasons ago. I don't have a car or a holiday in order to buy ST so am not going to take any of this holier than thou crap lol.

Still a profit of 27%. Not a bad bit of business for doing fuck all.

Its the other way round, I am currently unemployed and hoping to sell the cat a or glamour games so I can go to the cat b & c games. Also my ST has gone up every year for the past 30 years most of which were shit and suprise suprise you could buy a ticket anywhere in the ground and we often played in half empty stadiums where the fuck were these "Supporters" then?.. All my mates have long been priced out of the game several seasons ago. I don't have a car or a holiday in order to buy ST so am not going to take any of this holier than thou crap lol.

You don't make money off your own fans in same way that you don't nick money out your Mum's purse.

The ticket prices will continue to rise because of StubHub.

By the way I can't afford a season ticket, or Cat A games. I don't own a car, and haven't been on holiday in my adult life that someone else hasn't paid for (I went to portugal last year, and I took the place of my brother's missus after they split up).

Back
Top Bottom