THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would rather we swooped for another german in the shape of Gündogan... 22-23 already at the same level, if not higher, has experience fighting for honours etc
Yes good point- I was thinking of Moutinho as AVB obviously rates him has coached him and he maybe good mentor for younger midfielders such as Holtby & under 21 rising players

So we rubber stamped our fifth place then.

Great. Bale to united. Another season in the EL

We are the southern Everton.

Would rather we swooped for another german in the shape of Gündogan... 22-23 already at the same level, if not higher, has experience fighting for honours etc
Absolutely zero chance of landing Gundogan. Why on earth would a Champions League finalist want to move to an EL club?

Gundogan did say he would like to play in Spain or Enngland to further his career (which seems odd since he's in the Bundesliga but whatever).

I would be surprised if Dortmund let him go just yet considering the blow of losing Gotze and probably/possibly Lewandowski. Gundogan's contract is up in 2015 though, so who knows.

I imagine he would have suitors more powerful in the market than us though.

Gundogan did say he would like to play in Spain or Enngland to further his career (which seems odd since he's in the Bundesliga but whatever).

I would be surprised if Dortmund let him go just yet considering the blow of losing Gotze and probably/possibly Lewandowski. Gundogan's contract is up in 2015 though, so who knows.

I imagine he would have suitors more powerful in the market than us though.
you don't try, you don't get...

I wonder if Levy don't want CL just so they have a reason to sell Bale for a crazy price saying " we couldn't keep him, we tried but as he mentioned he wanted CL, so we sold him for £100 million (but you not going to see much of this maybe 20 mill just to keep some fans off my back using the stadium as the reason why we not invested it all back into the team)
Whoever you are, I actually make you right on this. I really honestly try to convince myself otherwise, but I`m afraid I genuinely believe :levystare:would rather us finish 5th than inside the top 4. He`s a businessman, first and foremost. The footballing side will allways come second. A run in the champions league could bring in around £30 million, but also an increase in demand among the fans to strengthen the squad with marquee signings to compete with the elite. It also means he could in no way justify the sale of Gareth Bale, our one world class player.
Finish 5th, however, means keeping the excitement going `till the end of the season. Allways on the periphery but not quite making it. But, all the justification :levylol:needs for selling Bale for, say , £60million. At least double what any CL exposure would bring. Plus the added excuse of not attracting world class players and paying top end wages to players who want Cl football. I`ve followed this club passionatel for many years, and I`ve never felt more convinced about anything in my life. I`d so much love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I dont think I will be. :avbpray:

Whoever you are, I actually make you right on this. I really honestly try to convince myself otherwise, but I`m afraid I genuinely believe :levystare:would rather us finish 5th than inside the top 4. He`s a businessman, first and foremost. The footballing side will allways come second. A run in the champions league could bring in around £30 million, but also an increase in demand among the fans to strengthen the squad with marquee signings to compete with the elite. It also means he could in no way justify the sale of Gareth Bale, our one world class player.
Finish 5th, however, means keeping the excitement going `till the end of the season. Allways on the periphery but not quite making it. But, all the justification :levylol:needs for selling Bale for, say , £60million. At least double what any CL exposure would bring. Plus the added excuse of not attracting world class players and paying top end wages to players who want Cl football. I`ve followed this club passionatel for many years, and I`ve never felt more convinced about anything in my life. I`d so much love to be proved wrong, but sadly, I dont think I will be. :avbpray:

:harryfacepalm:

There is distinct difference between "bossing" a game and being the best player on the pitch. THudd was bossing he first half purely on the basis of the number of pinpoint passes he played.

Bale IMO opinion doesn't "boss" games, by my definition bossing a game is more to do with controlling the tempo of the midfield than anything else.

Tom Carroll is a great example of someone who can boss a game and he quite often does so for our U21s.

Fair comments. But surely 'bossing the game' involves more than the number of good passes Hudd put iin the first half. None led to a goal for us AFAIK. But still I take your overall point.

For the simple reason that Carroll is capable of producing a spark, if you had seen any of him this season you would know that he is more than capable of producing a killer pass. More than can be said for Parker and his pirouettes. Don't get me wrong Parker is a quality defensive mid but offers very little going forward. I just think we would've been better off with a more attack minded player against a side like Wigan. Even more so when we are 2-1 down.

Fair enough. Of course I've seen plenty of Carroll this season, I watch pretty much all spurs games, unless it's cup tie that's not streamed. Killer passes are all well and good but only if you have an assassin on the end of them. Personally I would have brought Lennon on instead of Carroll, and that's what AVB did.

I understand your point. But as I keep pointing out BAE is completely and massively , ridiculously overrated by many Spurs fans. He's not in the top 6 LBs in the prem, and the other day someone on one site said he was better than Baines. Whaat, Baines is a class above BAE and then some. That's how deluded some Spurs fans are about BAE.

BAE has been very poor this season, total lack of concentration and looks like he doesn't have a clue at times, but it's still better than playing naughton, an average player at best, out of position. i don't think i can recall naughton having one good game at lb, although he did quite well v fulham away at rb

Its not over yet.
Yes it is not all over until the fat lady sings.
k1051634.jpg

Whilst I agree that Bale, Lennon and Hudd are creative (Dempsey definitely isn't) you are saying that a player, who was one of the top assist providers in the Bundesliga before he left, isn't a creative player. That is baring in mind that the Bundesliga is home to players like: Gotze, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Draxler, Robben, Gundogan, Schurle, Diego, Ribery, VdV, Muller and De Bruyne.

You are just yet to see the best of Lewis because he hasn't been given the chance he needs to show what he can do.

Dempsey is creative, so you're definitely wrong there. He's provided some lovely assists and passes this season. He probably isn't as creative as Holtby, but I'm pretty sure he has more assists than Lewis.

I agree that Naughton isn't the answer . As I've said before, after the strikers LB is our biggest problem area. Lots of people disagree with me on that, or did. I'm convinced I'm right in my assessment. We might have to revert to JV as LB and get Caulker in.

Back
Top Bottom