THFC vs Wigwam Athletic (AWAY)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does it look like i'm an eagles fan?
Eagle.jpg

I'm a fucking Spurs fan
f66947979822e4f6defaef3e11dee53a.jpeg

Ummmmmmm

Was I talking to you ?

Ps

I bleed lily whites just like u. GS

Yep, Hudd is bossing it so much we couldn't beat Wigan. And I thought Hudd played well too, but he simply doesn't boss the game the way Bale does, or Hodd did, or Gazza did, etc. He also needs to cut his hair, it's embarrassing.

nobody should say shit about thudd's hair

that shit looks like an atomic mushroom cloud, and i believe one day, he will be able to play like one
#lolwut

No idea. Again. Im not here to call other spurs supporters the likes of cunt, asshole, trolls and any other personal attack of a forum member

Just here to drop a POV and have some spurs banter

So who's the asshole that you speak of ?

So who's the asshole ?

Or you gonna just attack some nameless people like a tosser ?

So you're not gonna call me an asshole but you'll call me a tosser when I didn't even aim anything towards you or mention your name.

Why do you think I was talking to you in the first place? Is it because you yourself realize that you may actually be, a bit of an asshole.

Now if you wanna settle this like a real man;

QDvZWdG.gif

So you're not gonna call me an asshole but you'll call me a tosser when I didn't even aim anything towards you or mention your name.

Why do you think I was talking to you in the first place? Is it because you yourself realize that you may actually be, a bit of an asshole.

Now if you wanna settle this like a real man;

QDvZWdG.gif

LMAO

Of course your a tosser if your making some blanket statement about all the assholes on the board here without actually mentioning who your specifically talking about

Or you actually ready to possibly identify those assholes ?

And to answer your question, no I'm not an asshole. But if I'm gonna be called a cunt, a troll and a few other names. Yeah, ill tussle

PS
Nice Gif. Witty

Yep, Hudd is bossing it so much we couldn't beat Wigan. And I thought Hudd played well too, but he simply doesn't boss the game the way Bale does, or Hodd did, or Gazza did, etc. He also needs to cut his hair, it's embarrassing.

There is distinct difference between "bossing" a game and being the best player on the pitch. THudd was bossing he first half purely on the basis of the number of pinpoint passes he played.

Bale IMO opinion doesn't "boss" games, by my definition bossing a game is more to do with controlling the tempo of the midfield than anything else.

Tom Carroll is a great example of someone who can boss a game and he quite often does so for our U21s.

I understand your point. But as I keep pointing out BAE is completely and massively , ridiculously overrated by many Spurs fans. He's not in the top 6 LBs in the prem, and the other day someone on one site said he was better than Baines. Whaat, Baines is a class above BAE and then some. That's how deluded some Spurs fans are about BAE.

By no stretch of the imagination am I on the BAE is class bandwagon but there is absolutely no doubt that he should start ahead of Naughton at left back, simple as that. You can spot a player playing out of position a mile off and I am confident that Benny might have been slightly more position ally aware as a left back which might of let him get closer to McMannaman than Naughton did.

LMAO

Of course your a tosser if your making some blanket statement about all the assholes on the board here without actually mentioning who your specifically talking about

Or you actually ready to possibly identify those assholes ?

And to answer your question, no I'm not an asshole. But if I'm gonna be called a cunt, a troll and a few other names. Yeah, ill tussle

PS
Nice Gif. Witty

1329536683249_5521957.png

And I didn't specifically call YOU an asshole. I was just talking in general about the huge influx of them lately, there weren't these many half a year ago. And I don't want to give names because I'm just noticing that there's been a more hostile attitude around here, could be the horrendous season we're having (sarcasm), could just be that time of year whatever it is it doesn't matter. But naming people would just create more drama, and I'm not a little girl who likes that sorta thing. I'm not sure you are either so how about we leave it at that?

Bringing this back on topic, I didn't get the chance to watch the match so could you enlighten me on how the team performed? That'll be great, cheers mate.

Why would Carroll come on? This is an important Prem game.

For the simple reason that Carroll is capable of producing a spark, if you had seen any of him this season you would know that he is more than capable of producing a killer pass. More than can be said for Parker and his pirouettes. Don't get me wrong Parker is a quality defensive mid but offers very little going forward. I just think we would've been better off with a more attack minded player against a side like Wigan. Even more so when we are 2-1 down.

Well Jan appears to be stepping up to the plate......... He's a liability from set pieces and as for the second he made no attempt to block it.... Yes a good tackle near the end but.....

Jerking our knee are we? Jan has been supreme all season and yes he did get beaten in the air at the corner but even the best do sometimes. The Thing couldn't have blocked that shot for the second goal once it left his boot. Jan is by far and away our best defender and about as far away from a scapegoat as one can possibly get.

Holtby isn't even close to that tag. Bale, Lennon, Dempsey, Hudd are all more worthy of that.

Whilst I agree that Bale, Lennon and Hudd are creative (Dempsey definitely isn't) you are saying that a player, who was one of the top assist providers in the Bundesliga before he left, isn't a creative player. That is baring in mind that the Bundesliga is home to players like: Gotze, Kroos, Schweinsteiger, Draxler, Robben, Gundogan, Schurle, Diego, Ribery, VdV, Muller and De Bruyne.

You are just yet to see the best of Lewis because he hasn't been given the chance he needs to show what he can do.

Sam, you make it out to be as if we were playing against ourselves... It's a game of two teams.
Wigan were playing like there's no tomorrow, fighting for every ball, defending for their lives, and somehow found a way to make us look like donkeys for most of the game...
Of course, not having proper (effective) striker/attacking players doesn't help either.

The thing is, we are superior to them. Our players are better, and if they raised the bar, and took some risks instead of making the priority to hold the ball (which they cant even do) and play at 3mph on the halfway line, Im pretty sure we would break them down.

Our strength is speed, yet we didnt use Bale, BAE or Lennon to really stretch them. Hudd to Walker was very effective early on, but they sussed that out, and we had nothing.

Is it that easy for lower clubs to stop us? It happens too often.

Is it that easy for lower clubs to stop us? It happens too often.

It would be the case until we sign a proper striker or at least a quality creative mid / playmaker / attacking mid who can unlock defences and introduce much needed creativity and 'moments of brilliance' in the final third.

I'm quite impressed with our possession play and long may it continue - but we also need the tools above to make it count.

Back
Top Bottom